Capello NOT to attend U-19s Semi Final!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 3K

Does it Matter that Capello hasen't shown much intrest??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure Capello has kept track of the going on's at the tournament so far. You can't go on about looking to youth one day then disregard it the next. Just because he's not there doesn't mean he isn't keeping track.

Capello can handle some of his important duties a little better though. At this time for England its important to gage a good team spirit and with some of Capello's ways, I don't see that happening. For instance, I watched a few interviews with some of the players who made the England squad to SA and some who unfortunately didn't. They all said they only recieved a text saying they were/were not on the plane.That text being from Franco Baldini. If Capello wants to improve he needs to change a few of his ways, he's made tons of mistakes over the past few months, and this certainly won't win him the respect dressing room. If he says he's looking towards the youth for the future then he should definately get more involved, that's all.

capello is attending/hosting? a golf tournament to raise money for charity, this tournament was organised ages ago so he cant back out of it.
Also if these under 19 arent in the under 21 squad yet then they will not be playing in the full england squad for some time, plus the fact that alot of the promising under 19 are not even playing at the tournament because there club's wont release them for it.

Should Capello cancel a tournament that is going to raise money for a good cause to watch players who wont break into the first team for 4/5 years?

imo No, He will get plenty of time to see them players again and they should be looking to impressed stuart pierce so they can make the next step not capello.

Some english people seem to want to find things to complain about.

Im sure Capello has kept track of the going on's at the tournament so far. You can't go on about looking to youth one day then disregard it the next. Just because he's not there doesn't mean he isn't keeping track.

Capello can handle some of his important duties a little better though. At this time for England its important to gage a good team spirit and with some of Capello's ways, I don't see that happening. For instance, I watched a few interviews with some of the players who made the England squad to SA and some who unfortunately didn't. They all said they only recieved a text saying they were/were not on the plane.That text being from Franco Baldini. If Capello wants to improve he needs to change a few of his ways, he's made tons of mistakes over the past few months, and this certainly won't win him the respect dressing room. If he says he's looking towards the youth for the future then he should definately get more involved, that's all.
aye, hes got to find that balance, not be so obviously distant, but lets see wat happens over the next months or so first

aannddy, i understand you suspicsions ( i too want to see pearce as manager) but lets actually see what unfold before writing him off. also anyone goign to the hungary game?

i was going to madsheep but i think im going to the bulgeria game insted mate.

We got owned 3-1 anyway. I left after spains third goal to go buy shoes for the summer. XD

Highly doubt any of the players for the u-19's apart from maybe one or two will make it anyway.

Nothing story.

I'd understand a big fuss about him not attending possiblya U-21 Final or something, but this isn't as important.

As mentioned before, I'm sure he trusts his staff, after reading the comments I changed my mind from originally thinking this was a big thing.

Highly doubt any of the players for the u-19's apart from maybe one or two will make it anyway.

Looks like a certain Dani Pacheco may though. Four goals in four games at the tournament now. :wub:

This is why England never get anywhere too much pressure on the manager. He isn't going to a U-19 match, whoop de ******* doo.

Does anone know if Alex Ferguson personally attends Academy matches? :P

He has staff that report to him, he has TV footage that is BETTER than touchline observations, and as a few have said above, its u19's, they are seriously unlikely to get into the 1st team, don't forget some players have all but skipped u19's & u21's, you know, the good palyers, Rooney & Owen

spain where easily the best side but imagine if you are one of them players and you see that capello the first team boss is in the crowed watching you surely that gives you more momentum.

Does anone know if Alex Ferguson personally attends Academy matches? :P

He has staff that report to him, he has TV footage that is BETTER than touchline observations, and as a few have said above, its u19's, they are seriously unlikely to get into the 1st team, don't forget some players have all but skipped u19's & u21's, you know, the good palyers, Rooney & Owen
I've actually seen him attend reserve matches.(H)
But i agree with what you're saying.:D

spain where easily the best side but imagine if you are one of them players and you see that capello the first team boss is in the crowed watching you surely that gives you more momentum.

They should be able to motivate them for the most important game of their careers without a boost from seeing Capello in the stands.

They should be able to motivate them for the most important game of their careers without a boost from seeing Capello in the stands.

i know that but put yourself in their shoes the big boss has promised he will field more youngsters and he is here to watch me today. that would give any human being a boost surely.

I didn't say it wouldn't give them a boost.

I don't think he missed much. An England team set up on traditional lines punting balls down the channels and hoping that their physical dominance would pay off being methodically ripped apart by the movement and one touch football of foreign opposition? That's a story almost as old as football itself ;)

This is getting way out of hand, our next tournament is in 2 years, and the players that played today will have changed by that time, whether we like it or not, Capello is our manager, and we can't criticise him every 2 seconds. If it was the U21's then yeah, fair enough he should have gone, there's players that play for the U19's who haven't even featured for there clubs, and you want these people to be considered for the Euro's now?

We need to get the Rooney's and the Lampard's sorted first, then the little boys can come after that.

i wonder. if capello was english and hadnt gone to the match would people be giving him the same stick?

The best u19's don't play this level, they play u21's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back