Capello The Disaster - Thoughts

Tomat

Reaction score
Time for Capello to go?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place and being discussed (let me know) Just need to rant a bit :)$)

He just seems to be doing so many things in the wrong way.

He phoned Scholes up 40 minutes before world cup squad deadline was going to announced asking if he would come out of retirement to play in the World Cup, like 40 mins to decide and come out of retirement unplan all his holidays etc XD

In world cup as we seen, playing Milner unfit first game, picking heskey a 4 goal a season striker over 26 goal bent or even just playing Crouch who's record is very good for England. 4-1 down to Germany, who does he bring on to try get a goal? Heksey! Crouch can hold ball up like Heksey but he can at least score and is very good in the air! Same with Rooney he was plaiyng poor and hardly took him off or never really tried to change tactics get team to play well. Then there was that Index thing. Whole team never seemed to play well with him at the World Cup, I blame most of it on Cappello (sure players should play good but you need manager to motivate you and get you fired up, dont seem he can do that so good)

He then tells Beckham he wont play for England again while he manager, as if to say thats it, then a few weeks later he says he's got a good chance of getting back into the squad :O

Then theres his English, most of the players cant understand him, have to listen twice, what kind of FA puts a guy who cant even Speak English in charge of an England side (When he first come his English was very bad and it's still not the best now

I could go on, there's more, but anyone else think he's out of his depth and making so many silly decisions, and comments. What are the FA playing about it..

Sorry again if this is in wrong place and should be somewhere else.

1. What would Scholes of brought to the team that Carrick doesn't? Is Scholes fit enough to play a lot of matches in a short period of time? Would a player who hasn't trained with (many of) these players, nevermind played with them be able to slot in and bring something?

2. Heskey > Crouch for England. The stats prove it, the team gets more goals when Heskey plays. While he doesn't score that many goals himself scoring isn't the only jobs of front men these days. Crouch's record is inflated as well because he generally plays and scores against very weak opposition.

3. I didn't see the problem with the Index.

4. There can only be so much you can put on the manager. The players need to take a lot of the blame as well. Is it Capellos fault Green made that mistake against USA? Is it Capello's fault Terry & Upson forgot how to defend long balls against Germany? A manager should not have to motivate players to play to a pub team level, these guys are professionals.

5. He didn't say Beckham wouldn't play again. He just said he's not a vital part of the team anymore because he's too old and that he may still play some Friendlies. But to be honest who really cares? What does Beckham bring to the team anymore? When was the last time he played in an important match?

6. His English seems good enough, how do you know the players can't understand him? Have you asked them all personally? Maybe it's not his English they don't understand but the tactics he's telling them?

Am sorry but it seems like you like Fabio despite all these things that have happened, quite shocking really, seems you want England to fail :S

Your saying stuff about Heskey when he's clearly not good enough, sure stats may say England score more with him, but this is a new world cup and different games, he's clearly to low of a level to play for England, anyone with sense would not have played him to try and get goals....first game he should of changed things more.

And what about Dawson? (Not being biased here at all) Last season the stats shown he was the best defender in the premier league, yet he dont even test him out, instead plays an ageing carragher (who's not even that good in the centre and did not play that good) and an average Upson, sorry but if the players are not behind the manager, and not motivated to play for him, and he's playing guys in the wrong positions, out of form players, unfit players, then it's just a recipe for failure, anyone with sense can see that, no surprise the players played pance under the terrible conditions under Fabio at the world cup.

Also, when he come he said it's not about big names, he will pick players who are on the best form, yet he plays players who are not on the best form and leaves the players who are in the best form out and sticks with big names even when they are clearly not playing good. The stuff with Beckham was a dig and any player would think he's trying to say it's over, just not good way to treat your players really.

Ok if his English is that good, how come the FA recently told him to improve his English ? As it's not progressed as well as they expect, they expect his English to be allot better by now. This proves to me that your trying to defend a loosing manager here, and you are wrong, so your points are invalid. Sorry if thats harsh but there's so many things here putting him out of his depth, they are clear to see. I hope he picks it up for the good of England, but we will have to see. And you cant things are ok if we do well in the qualifiers as look what happened last time come the big games...

Last edited:
Would you be making this thread after the qualifiers right before the world cup? I love how you can just say that he's wrong and his points are invalid, it's called having an opinion.

Am sorry but it seems like you like Fabio despite all these things that have happened, quite shocking really, seems you want England to fail :S

People are so quick to forget, aren't they? You wouldn't have been saying this during the World Cup Qualifiers...

Your saying stuff about Heskey when he's clearly not good enough, sure stats may say England score more with him, but this is a new world cup and different games, he's clearly to low of a level to play for England, anyone with sense would not have played him to try and get goals....first game he should of changed things more.
Odd that, seeing as every teammate he's ever played with has had nothing but praise for him. On top of that, he's been called up by what, four England managers now? They get the England job because they're competent, you know. They can't all be wrong.

And what about Dawson? (Not being biased here at all) Last season the stats shown he was the best defender in the premier league, yet he dont even test him out, instead plays an ageing carragher (who's not even that good in the centre and did not play that good) and an average Upson (who played pretty good though)
I agree, mostly. That was a mistake. Though I don't agree with Upson being pretty good, he was ****** awful.

Also, when he come he said it's not about big names, he will pick players who are on the best form, yet he plays players who are not on the best form and leaves the players who are in the best form out and sticks with big names even when they are clearly not playing good.
There's got to be a balance, though. If he was picking PURELY on form, we'd be taking a League 2 striker who scored 19 in 7 apps or something. You pick them on both form and reputation. It was definitely a departure from the McClaren era, where players seemed to be picked just because they played for a big club.

Ok if his English is that good, how come the FA recently told him to improve his English ? As it's not progressed as well as they expect, they expect his English to be allot better by now. This proves to me that your trying to defend a loosing manager here, and you are wrong, so your points are invalid. Sorry if thats harsh but there's so many things here putting him out of his depth. I blame the FA really for appointing a man who could not even speak good English at all when he first come.
Haven't really been arguing much with your points so far, but I've just taken notice. I can understand his English fine. He can communicate his points in enough detail for them to be understood and carried out, I would assume. The FA are running scared from the media, and the media are under the impression that he needs to brush up on his English. The FA are keen to show they're agreeing with public opinion and thus ask him to improve.

I also find it ironic that you're lecturing Capello on speaking English properly when you can't spell "losing" or "a lot", or uses the word "good" when "well" is the correct term.

So then, genius. Who would your pick for the England managerial post be back then? Who better than Fabio Capello? I'll tell you. Nobody. They went for the best there was, and it worked very well up until the world cup. At the world cup, Capello made some mistakes, yes, but was aided by a shocking amount of mediocre performances by the players.

If you want to say anything about use of 4-4-2, I welcome it. I dare you.

Would you be making this thread after the qualifiers right before the world cup? I love how you can just say that he's wrong and his points are invalid, it's called having an opinion.

Ok sorry for that, we are all entitled to our own opinion. but really do you guys really think all these negative points and generally being a bad manager with all this is good for a National side? Don't make sense, we don't want to end up like France (no offence)

Am not English either, so take that on the chin! Never knew this forum was a bunch of Capello fan boys....Shocking really, you call your self football fans with points like this, really shocking.

Again, you wouldn't make this thread during the qualifiers; does 4 bad games suddenly make him a poor manager? When was the last time any of this current bunch of players have performed as we want them to at an international competition?

I felt in his last press conference his English was actually much better too.

Obviously, some fans will have different opinions on what he could/should do differently, just as other fans will agree with decisions he makes.

Ok sorry for that, we are all entitled to our own opinion. but really do you guys really think all these negative points and generally being a bad manager with all this is good for a National side? Don't make sense, we don't want to end up like France (no offence)

He's NOT a bad manager! Let us get that straight. Fabio Capello is one of the best managers in the game right now. His stats are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Capello#As_a_coach. Read them, and realise.

Also, France got to the World Cup final under Domenech. Forgot about that too, didn't you?

Am not English either, so take that on the chin! Never knew this forum was a bunch of Capello fan boys....Shocking really, you call your self football fans with points like this, really shocking.
I find your manner insulting and unnecessary. We're not Capello fan boys. We derided his performance and the England team's regularly during the world cup. However, we're not so blinkered we think that he's automatically the worst manager in the world after some bad performances.

I think you'll find the majority of people on here and in the world would agree with me. Only the monumentally stupid people who read the Sun and believe they have valid opinions would agree with you, I'm afraid.

He's NOT a bad manager! Let us get that straight. Fabio Capello is one of the best managers in the game right now. His stats are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabio_Capello#As_a_coach. Read them, and realise.

Also, France got to the World Cup final under Domenech. Forgot about that too, didn't you?

I find your manner insulting and unnecessary. We're not Capello fan boys. We derided his performance and the England team's regularly during the world cup. However, we're not so blinkered we think that he's automatically the worst manager in the world after some bad performances.

I think you'll find the majority of people on here and in the world would agree with me. Only the monumentally stupid people who read the Sun and believe they have valid opinions would agree with you, I'm afraid.

Sums it up. How come you're so aggressive over the English manager if you're not English, surely it's irrelevant to you?

tomat if you cant take counterpoints shut up and go somewhere else. getting really tired of people who cant handle other peoples opinions but expect everyone else to listen to theirs

I don't know Fabio enough to like him or dislike him. But there's no denying his pedigree.

I never said Heskey was good enough for England, just that he's better than the alternatives. What should he of changed after the first game? From what you're saying we might as well of lined up with no players on the pitch.

And what about Dawson? (Not being biased here at all) Last season the stats shown he was the best defender in the premier league, yet he dont even test him out, instead plays an ageing carragher (who's not even that good in the centre and did not play that good) and an average Upson, sorry but if the players are not behind the manager, and not motivated to play for him, and he's playing guys in the wrong positions, out of form players, unfit players, then it's just a recipe for failure, anyone with sense can see that, no surprise the players played pance under the terrible conditions under Fabio at the world cup.

I thought Carragher played well enough when he was called upon, he was also probably chosen because he can provide cover at Right Back if it was needed.

What stats show that Dawson was the best defender in the league? I find that really hard to believe. This is the same Dawson who was torn apart by Young Boys right?

Playing players out of position? Who? Gerrard? Who else?

Terrible conditions under him? Seriously? Terrible is playing for Uday Hussein. So what was the excuse when we had the lovely buddy buddy managers like McLaren and Sven?

Also, when he come he said it's not about big names, he will pick players who are on the best form, yet he plays players who are not on the best form and leaves the players who are in the best form out and sticks with big names even when they are clearly not playing good. The stuff with Beckham was a dig and any player would think he's trying to say it's over, just not good way to treat your players really.

Which players who were in good form did he miss out?

Ok if his English is that good, how come the FA recently told him to improve his English ? As it's not progressed as well as they expect, they expect his English to be allot better by now. This proves to me that your trying to defend a loosing manager here, and you are wrong, so your points are invalid. Sorry if thats harsh but there's so many things here putting him out of his depth, they are clear to see. I hope he picks it up for the good of England, but we will have to see. And you cant things are ok if we do well in the qualifiers as look what happened last time come the big games...

I can understand him in his Press Conferences. But just because one of my points isn't correct, it doesn't make all of my points invalid. Otherwise I would of just replied to your original post with the same statement.

With regards to languages, some people find it difficult to learn new languages while some excel at it. It's a learning curve. But still I don't see the big problem if he can't speak perfect English. If he has an interpreter what's the big deal?

Last 3 Engand managers befre CApello

Sven
Keegan
McClaren

None of them lived up to the billing, all of them coached most of this generation of players at some point. All of them are very succesful coaches. They are all pretty different types of coaches. Yet the players never respond. There's a saying - you can't polish a ****. You can't have a tactic for a players ******** and moaning to the ref in the middles of a park while their direct opponent blows past to score.Great players for club but mediocre for country. I still say 90%players fault 10% coaching. Throw Scolari, Mourinho, Guardiola, Hiddink or any other manager iin there and the result will be the same.

If you fire Capello i think you should do the same to the squad,drop them and mark them never to play for country again.

Edit: as for the Beckham thing - who really cares? Is Beckham even worth considering in any sort of competitive fixture? He hasn't plyed for at least 6 months. He was slow already, how much slower is he going to be after a torn achilles? I'm sur watching him get burned for pace would only hasten Capello's exit

Last edited: