SaintMotbot

Reaction score
Capital City Challenge

Hey guys!

After the success of my last story, I have decided to start another one up. The rules of this save are very simple.

1. I am only allowed to manage clubs located in a Capital City.

2. The aim of the game is to win the top division and a Champions League in each of Europe's top 5 leagues, England, Italy, Germany, Spain and France.

3. I am not allowed to start the game with a club in the Champions League, although I am free to accept job offers from Champions League clubs once the game has begun.

4. I am freely allowed to move between Capital City clubs as I wish

5. If the story becomes a success then I might expand the game further by including countries like Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, Russia and the like..

Just for convenience, here is a list of the major clubs that are in each of the Capital Cities in the top five European leagues.

England - London
Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Fulham, QPR.

Spain - Madrid
Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Rayo Vallecano.

Germany - Berlin
Hertha BSC, FC Union Berlin.

Italy - Rome
Roma, Lazio.

France - Paris
PSG, Paris FC.​

As you can see, the immediate stand out problem is in Germany!!

Just so you are all aware, I will be playing this challenge as myself and not any famous footballers, mainly because I wanted a more relaxed story rather than doing news updates and interviews and things like that.

So lets get started!

Last edited:
View attachment 173304

Being English, I felt that my home country would be a perfectly reasonable place to start. The rules bar me from taking a Champions League club at the start of the game, so that instantly throws Chelsea and Arsenal out of the window. I dont know about any of you guys but I have been loving this years Premiership season and the surprises it has been throwing up. This has, to an extent, inspired me with my choice of club as they are one of this seasons star performers. Yeah you have probably guessed it by now, my adventure will begin with.

View attachment 1027877

Can I replicate their success of this season? We will find out.

View attachment 173301
It seems to me at the moment that Tottenham are in a really good place. A talented squad, a cool £80 mil in the bank, a proposed move to a new stadium, young talent breaking through. Its about time they started adding some trophies to that list.

View attachment 173300
The squad looks in great shape with a fantastic core of young and talented players, but who are the key men that my tactic is going to be built around?

Hugo Lloris

View attachment 173299
One of the best goalkeepers in the League, Hugo Lloris is a real presence in between the sticks for this side. He will earn us points just on his own and is likely to be an ever present in the side.

Toby Alderweireld

View attachment 173298
As a Southampton fan I was devastated to see this lad leave at the end of his loan spell, but now look on with a sense of pride as I watch Pochettino get the best out of him. The guy is world class and is my number one centre back.

Dele Alli

View attachment 173297
Its amazing to think that just a few short months ago, not many people had even heard of his kid. Now he is England's brightest midfield prospect and will bring some class to the midfield.

Christian Eriksen

View attachment 173296
A hugely creative player that has passing, movement and goals in his game. Hugely valuable to this Tottenham side and is perhaps the key piece of the midfield.

Harry Kane

View attachment 173295
Obviously, a list of Tottenhams key players would not be complete without Harry Kane. What a player this lad is turning in to. Our main striker and talisman to the team, Kane is going to need to bang in the goals if we are to progress anywhere near the title.

Getafe is NOT Madrid.
Getafe is a peripherial city close to Madrid (13 km from Madrid's downtown) but still it's a city on its own right.

Other than that, it's nice challenge to have and I'll be checking out every now and then how it turns out.

Getafe is NOT Madrid.
Getafe is a peripherial city close to Madrid (13 km from Madrid's downtown) but still it's a city on its own right.

Other than that, it's nice challenge to have and I'll be checking out every now and then how it turns out.

I do apologise, I was given off information that Getafe is in the metropolitan area of Madrid and therefore counts.. I will remove it now!

Nothing to apologize for, if you're not familiar with Spanish geography it's a mistake relatively easy to make (it's sad for Getafe because it was the only chance they have to win something even if it's virtually XD).

Back to the story...
The spurs sure have a nice squad, maybe they lack a bit of depth when it comes to strikers... so maybe with a couple of reinforcements the team could leap from "Europa League/Champions League qualification contender" to "Title contender".

.P.S.: Make Kane's contract ironclad ASAP, the shortest key to success definitely is keeping him around.