Rossfest

Reaction score
SEASON 1

So I decided to start a save with Cardiff seeing as they have recently been promoted. This post is basically just me gushing about how much much this save is so far.

With a not so healthy bank balance surprisingly First season (updated database) I relied solely on loan signings. Hiljemark was a gem of a loan signing although looking back, Mutch, Gunnarson, Whittingham were all so solid I bet I didnt even need him. Other than that I signed Tony Watt on loan from Celtic. That was it.

With nobody really providing me with a tonne of goals upfront I had no star performers surprisingly with the depth Cardiff have in that area.

Gunnarsson is a beast though. even occasionally using him as right back cover, I played him in the middle as a box to box midlfielder in a flat 442. with 21 assists and 16 goals he's a beast and has only got better prem which i will get to later.

To cut a long story short even after being hit by injury after injury I finished top of the Championship with 90points

Star players. And roles I played them in

Flat back 4
Taylor, full back, automatic
McNaughton, full back, automatic
Hudson, CD, defend
Turner, CD, defend
Connolly was my versatile defender covering both right back and CD and allowed my team to keep their fitness up

Flat Midfield 4
Gunnarsson, box to box support, Beast, player of the season
Mutch, (played in CM as my playmaker next to Gunnarsson with role of Advanced Playmaker and Support) 15 assists
Whitthingham, although a natural CM i played him on the left as a winger with support role
Cowie, right wing, support, mega consistent!!!
Hiljemark and kiss provided my cover in the middle and got rotated a lot with the only consistent being Gunnarsson ofcourse.
Bo-Kyung injured for the entire season, shame my scouts love him

2 Forwards

I used one as a target man, set as advanced forward.
The other as a poacher.
I rotated all my strikers constantly with Mason and Maynard proving to be the most consistent poachers
Helgusson was very consistent as a target man but his stats started to dive second half of the season.
Bellamy was very consistent in big games
Campbell was my leading scorer upfront with only 15 goals
Watt provided a needed goalscoring injection for my latter half of the season and stepped up with 10 goals from January onwards

Last edited:
SEASON 1

So I decided to start a save with Cardiff seeing as they have recently been promoted. This post is basically just me gushing about how much much this save is so far.

With a not so healthy bank balance surprisingly First season (updated database) I relied solely on loan signings. Hiljemark was a gem of a loan signing although looking back, Mutch, Gunnarson, Whittingham were all so solid I bet I didnt even need him. Other than that I signed Tony Watt on loan from Celtic. That was it.

With nobody really providing me with a tonne of goals upfront I had no star performers surprisingly with the depth Cardiff have in that area.

Gunnarsson is a beast though. even occasionally using him as right back cover, I played him in the middle as a box to box midlfielder in a flat 442. with 21 assists and 16 goals he's a beast and has only got better prem which i will get to later.

To cut a long story short even after being hit by injury after injury I finished top of the Championship with 90points

Star players. And roles I played them in

Flat back 4
Taylor, full back, automatic
McNaughton, full back, automatic
Hudson, CD, defend
Turner, CD, defend
Connolly was my versatile defender covering both right back and CD and allowed my team to keep their fitness up

Flat Midfield 4
Gunnarsson, box to box support, Beast, player of the season
Mutch, (played in CM as my playmaker next to Gunnarsson with role of Advanced Playmaker and Support) 15 assists
Whitthingham, although a natural CM i played him on the left as a winger with support role
Cowie, right wing, support, mega consistent!!!
Hiljemark and kiss provided my cover in the middle and got rotated a lot with the only consistent being Gunnarsson ofcourse.
Bo-Kyung injured for the entire season, shame my scouts love him

2 Forwards

I used one as a target man, set as advanced forward.
The other as a poacher.
I rotated all my strikers constantly with Mason and Maynard proving to be the most consistent poachers
Helgusson was very consistent as a target man but his stats started to dive second half of the season.
Bellamy was very consistent in big games
Campbell was my leading scorer upfront with only 15 goals
Watt provided a needed goalscoring injection for my latter half of the season and stepped up with 10 goals from January onwards
Boooo Cardiff sucks!!!! go Bristol City !!!!! but gratz on the promo you should do great in the prem GL

my second season has been pretty special seeing as yet again i have relied pretty much exclusively on loan signings. A transfer budget of 3 million was a bit of slap in the face after promotion so i decided to not spend any again and try to get Cardiff a solid financial base before i got adventurous.

Again I signed Tony Watt on loan from Celtic. Rafinha on loan from Barcelona, Adam Smith from Spurs, and Jack Robinson from Liverpool. Other than that my only permanent transfer was Zoltan Gera on a free as an experienced head.

I relied pretty much solely on my team from the championship. with careful management of praise and pitch shouts I finished my first season in the Prem in 6th

Gunnarsson = beast again. His value has risen to 11.5 mil.

My entire first team has an average rating over 7.

Nice Job man you may wanna think of making a story of this and moving it to the story thread so more people go and read it! you could also show scrennies!

Nice Job man you may wanna think of making a story of this and moving it to the story thread so more people go and read it! you could also show scrennies!

thanks, yeah i probably should, but no doubt as soon as i do my team will crash and burn. For some reason whenever I qualify for Europe before i probably should my league form is a disaster and my european form is great. We'll see. Just got my transfer budget for season 3. 20mil. hardly anything for wages though so ill have to adjust it to about 13-14 mil.