CARDIFF CITY- COMMAND AND CONQUER

• Thread starter Thread starter roberdooo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6K

roberdooo

Reaction score
HEY THERE

After a few failed attempts to start a story on here I think I have found one which should stick. I hope you will all join me on this journey. So........

WHO AM I MANAGING?
View attachment 346115

The almighty Cardiff City. Okay maybe not that mighty but a decent team nonetheless. After their recent relegation to the championship I have taken it upon myself to establish them as a top flight club. I am using Sergons transfer update so my game is up-to-date and I will be starting in the 2014/2015 season.

So, these are the transfers which have been made due to the nature of the database I am using. Only three were actually made by me which were those of Regueiro, Lingard and Ruz. As you can see some important players have left the club including Caulker, Medel and Campbell who I feel will be big misses, but I reckon the capture of Le Fondre and Macheda should lessen the blow of loosing Campbell.
After all the transfers the squad looks like this. Pretty decent for an assault on the championships methinks.
KEY PLAYERS
View attachment 346132
A very reliable goalkeeper.

View attachment 346131
My midfield schemer.

View attachment 346130
Expect goals and assists from the lad.

View attachment 346128
Goal Poacher! Look at that finishing. Should come good in this league.

That will be all for the first post. Next up we will look at the pre-season fixtures and tactics for the coming season.

Last edited:
View attachment 346122
PRE SEASON

View attachment 346121
Decent start to the pre-season here giving Aldershot a good spanking. Hattrick from Macheda and we will be hoping he can carry this sort of form into the season.

View attachment 346120
Entertaining end-to-end game here. Brighton just edge us out here. Our defence will have to do better than this over the course of the season.

View attachment 346119
What a game! I am pleased at how well our attack is clicking but conceeding 3 goals to Cork City is not acceptable.

View attachment 346118
Our final game of the pre season with Adam Le Fondre grabbing himself a brace. Clean sheet today and the team seems to be responding to the recent defensive training.

So a pretty decent pre-season. 3 wins out of four but the quality of opposition was underwhelming. We are going to face much better teams over the coming months. Hopefully the team will do well (fingers crossed).
And for those punters on here.....
SEASON PREDICTIONS
View attachment 346117
View attachment 346116

So the bookies tip us for a 5th place finish but naturally I will be looking for automatic promotion.

Have your say. Who's your money on?

TACTICS
This is a short post in which I will show you guys the tactics I intend to use this season.

View attachment 346114
View attachment 346113
I am of the Jurgen Klopp school of thought. Heavy metal football for me all day long. The tactic is based on an attacking mentality with a fluid philosophy. My players are instructed to press the opponent and attack at a high tempo with direct passes when they are in position of the ball.

Hopefully this will lead us back to the promised land.

View attachment 346110
AUGUST 201
So the league has finally gotten underway and it has been a blistering start to the season. Goals, goals and more goals.

View attachment 346109
We began with a fairly straight forward win over Millwall. Noone and Le Fondre with the early goals. They scored in the 70th minute but we held on to win quite comfortably. And Fabio! Oh Fabio you ****. 3 points on the board.

View attachment 346103
A win in the mickey mouse cup. Not really in for this so the sooner we are eliminated the better, already got a massive 46 games to play in the league. Regueiro with a debut goal.

View attachment 346102
First home game of the season and we tear Watford a new one. Le Fondre had an awfull first half and I ripped into him. Seems to have worked 'cos he had a monster second half. Superb!!!

View attachment 346098
Quite pleased to walk away with three points here. Eikrem with the goals.

View attachment 346096
Leeds manage to hold us today. Dry game TBF.

View attachment 346095
Our cup run continues for now. Lingard and Gunnarson leading us to a comfortable victory.

View attachment 346093
Yet another walkover. Le Fondre grabbing 2 and nice to see Daehli grab a goal. Expect great things from the young lad in the future.

Overall I am very pleased with this month. Solid start to the season. Le Fondre banging in the goals and Magnus Wolf Eikrem has been a revelation in attacking midfield.
On a different note a few like and comments will really be appreciated and will motivate me to keep pouring out the updates.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 346092
Adam Le Fondre

SEPTEMBER 2014
View attachment 346091

View attachment 346090
The red machine keeps moving. Le Fondre with yet another triple and this lad is really starting to impress me. Still early days though.

View attachment 346089
We hit Huddersfield for 6. Le Fondre with yet another hattrick and I'm starting to think this lad is on something. Dikgacoi grabbing our first goal and his first in Cardiff colours.

View attachment 346087
Meh!

View attachment 346086
And we are finally out of the cup. West Brom showing why they are a level above us. On a positive note we can now focus solely on our league campaign.

View attachment 346081
THREE GAMES WITHOUT A WIN! This had better not become a trend.

View attachment 346080
Back to winning ways. Close one too. Was thinking this was going to be a fourth winless game before Lingard sent me running round my house with literally the last kick of the game. And the goal was a beauty too.

So we lost a little bit of footing in the league this month but nothing we can't recover from. Adam Le Fondre has just been sensational and I am glad he is on my side. Getting knocked out of the cup wasn't a dissapointment as I didn't expect much from it and we can now fully concentrate on promotion. On a whole things are looking good.
Join me next time as I review what went on in October. Will Le Fondre moment of fame extend beyond the proverbial 15 minutes?

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 346079

Adam Le Fondre

OCTOBER 2014
View attachment 346078

View attachment 346077
Wescore 6 yet again. I have to say that the team is playing some beautiful attacking football which is exactly what I promised. Le Fondre and Kim with braces.
View attachment 346076
Charlton have been in the lower leagues a while since their relegation and with performances like this they might as well stay a little longer. Macheda with a brace and I am truly happy for the lad. United didn't work out for him but he could do a job here. Special mention for Noone.

View attachment 346075
Routine win. The match was decided by a crazy 8 minute spell when the players for both teams decided to show up. On to the next game.

View attachment 346073
Surprised? Well I'm not 6 of the very best and it's a nice touch to see the whole team contributing with five different scorers. Ahem! It's a team game Mr. Le Fondre.

View attachment 346072
And we fall to the almighty Peterborough. I will take fault for this, as I made massive changes and rested maybe one too many key player.

Superb month the last game aside. The team is scoring for fun and seem to be enjoying playing in this formation. Le Fondre keeps doing what he does but Magnus Wolff Eikrem has been sensational. A few goals and 15 assists by the end of october would make any attacking midfielder proud. Good stuff.
Up next, November. Can the Juggernaut keep going? Is there a pit waiting for us along the way? Be sure to come back and find out.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 346070

Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

Le fondre is scoring goals for fun, so is the team as a whole by the looks of it,
could do with cutting out the G.A but i guess that comes with the all out attack way your doin things.
Whats the league table lookin like?

Absolutely shocked to see that you sold Gary Medel, he is easily a top 3 player on Cardiff, and if you had kept him for 2 more years, let him enter his prime, and advanced into the BPL he would have nabbed you at least 15mill.

Additionally I think you really undervalued Frazier Campbell. He doesn't have much potential, but he is a nasty scorer who can easily put up 19 goals a season even in the big-boy leagues when used right. I would have tried to get at least 5 mill for him, or played him till his value was as such that I could.

Furthermore, Steven Caulker could have nabbed 25m+ if you had held onto him for 2 years. Heck, after 4 years in my Cardiff save I sold him to a French side for 45 million (he is a BEAST).

Last edited:
Absolutely shocked to see that you sold Gary Medel, he is easily a top 3 player on Cardiff, and if you had kept him for 2 more years, let him enter his prime, and advanced into the BPL he would have nabbed you at least 15mill.

Additionally I think you really undervalued Frazier Campbell. He doesn't have much potential, but he is a nasty scorer who can easily put up 19 goals a season even in the big-boy leagues when used right. I would have tried to get at least 5 mill for him, or played him till his value was as such that I could.

Furthermore, Steven Caulker could have nabbed 25m+ if you had held onto him for 2 years. Heck, after 4 years in my Cardiff save I sold him to a French side for 45 million (he is a BEAST).

I didn't make those transfers as I said. I'm using sergon's transfer update which allows you to start in 2014, so those are 'future transfers' which have been been built into the update. Nothing i could do. Anyway Le Fondre has been class.

Yeah I liked that pickup. I apologize for not reading thoroughly, I was just about in shock thinking you had given up perhaps your 2 best players for under half their potential value. At the very least you still have the Korean Kid plus Fabio

Yeah I liked that pickup. I apologize for not reading thoroughly, I was just about in shock thinking you had given up perhaps your 2 best players for under half their potential value. At the very least you still have the Korean Kid plus Fabio

Ya fabio has been decent and Kim puts in the odd good performance every now and then.

Ya fabio has been decent and Kim puts in the odd good performance every now and then.

What are you using Fabio as? I always found that he would under-perform as a defensive back, but that he was exceptional on the attack. I don't know if he starts out with the skills/position of Wing-back, and I certainly know he doesn't start out with ML ability, however training him in those are more than worth it. Make no mistake, aside from MAYBE Caulker, Fabio is the highest potential player on Cardiff City at game start. His potential essentially ranges from stud to star. He is the only defensive player I have ever had to reach above $50m in value as well as being the only defensive player I've had to get more than 20 goals and 10 assists in a single season (he had a wild 24 goal 11 assist season for me in my 5th year).

I'm not sure of your scheme, but if possible set his role to attack or at the very least support. He will go from being a ~6.68-6.8 player, to a 7.2-8.1 player rating almost overnight.

Last edited:
What are you using Fabio as? I always found that he would under-perform as a defensive back, but that he was exceptional on the attack. I don't know if he starts out with the skills/position of Wing-back, and I certainly know he doesn't start out with ML ability, however training him in those are more than worth it. Make no mistake, aside from MAYBE Caulker, Fabio is the highest potential player on Cardiff City at game start. His potential essentially ranges from stud to star. He is the only defensive player I have ever had to reach above $50m in value as well as being the only defensive player I've had to get more than 20 goals and 10 assists in a single season (he had a wild 24 goal 11 assist season for me in my 5th year).

I'm not sure of your scheme, but if possible set his role to attack or at the very least support. He will go from being a ~6.68-6.8 player, to a 7.2-8.1 player rating almost overnight.

Been using fabio on the right of my defence as I see Declan John as a better left back prospect. But come to think of it he might do a decent job on the wing.

I guarantee you that Fabio has higher potential, Fabio has wonderkid levels of PA (or can, he has a slightly randomized PA, but it should stick it between 150 and 180).

NOVEMBER 2014

View attachment 345615

View attachment 345613
Back to winning ways in spectacular fashion. Borough gave us a scare with their early goal but the team did well to come back and blitz this one.

View attachment 345606
Another routine win with my magical duo of Le Fondre and Eikrem doing the business. Reading just started the game a little bit too lethargic and with capitalized on that with two early goals.

View attachment 345602
Away win. I've lost count of the number of hattricks Le Fondre has had this season. Lingard rapping things up for us before they pulled back a late consolation goal.

View attachment 345601
We end the month with a draw against Sheffield. We really should have won this as we had a plethora of chances which we failed to convert.

Overall I think this has been a good month. But I am getting concerned at my defence's inability to keep a clean sheet. Cala has just been making way too many mistakes. Hopefully this can be solved. The attack has just been fabulous and right now it seems like anything my attackers touch turn to goals. That being said we had some bad and good news this month. I'll start with the bad...

View attachment 345598
I am absolutely gutted by this. The lad has been nothing short of sensational with 7 goals and 18 assists up to this point. Hopefully the team can rally and perform without him. For now I will be looking for Lingard to provide the ammunition from attacking midfield for me. Now for the good news...

View attachment 345594
This just goes to prove how good Le Fondre has been. It's not every day you get a player from the championship getting a France call-up and actually playing. Would have been happier if he had thanked me but meh!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 345592

Adam Le Fondre
Pretty sure he's tired of receiving these things.

DECEMBER 2014

View attachment 345587

View attachment 345585
Always nice to start a month with a win. First half was pretty lame but the boys stepped it up in the second half to claim a comfortable victory. Also, kuddos to both teams for ending the match without any bookings. A rare thing these days.

View attachment 345584
Ipswich were no match for the mighty French man.

View attachment 345583
Blackburn send us crashing back down to earth. If there's one thing I hate more than a defeat it's a home defeat. Come on, this is supposed to be a fortress people.

View attachment 345582
We destroy the mighty Q.P.R. Excellent performance from Whitt.... erm Peter (sorry that name is too long). Mutch got injured so I had to shift Peter to the left flank and boy did he respond with a brace.

View attachment 345580
We give Millwall a good as whooping at the Cardiff City Stadium today. Kim putting in a nice performace with 2 goals and an assist.

View attachment 345579
3 wins in row. Picking up steam.

View attachment 345578
We end the year with a draw at derby. Pretty ****** that we couldn't see this one out.

So this was a hectic month. 7 games and I think my thin squad is starting to feel fatigued. The Blackburn defeat was obviously a dissapointment but we bounced back well. Kim and Dickagou will be heading off for their various national championships next month so the squad will get smaller. Hopefully we will keep up.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 345573

Jesse Lingard
Assists assists and more assists.

JANUARY 2015

View attachment 345305
OH MY!!!

View attachment 345303
And Fulham knock us out of the FA Cup at the first round. We actually had a good game but my forwards put in another profligant display. Really wanted to have a good run but there's always a next season.

View attachment 345300
6 again. We hand blackpool their *** yet again this season and I'm sure they'll be glad to see the back of us. That's a 10-1 aggregate score against them this season now.

View attachment 345297
Leeds gave us a run for our money today but we pulled together to just about edge this one. Open end to end game with Noone giving us the points with a fabulous free-kick.

View attachment 345295
Okay, these home defeats need to stop happening.

View attachment 345293
Decent draw against Wigan but they've been performing horribly in the league and we really should have won this but we'll take the point.

View attachment 345287
I'm starting to hate Fulham. Felix Magath is employing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 formation and it seems my team can't handle it. We didn't even manage to get a yellow card, sigh!

All in all I have to say this has been a horrid month. Getting knocked out of the FA cup and dropping some needless points in the league. Transfer wise I didn't buy or sell anyone as I thought my current squad should carry us to the end of the season. In hindsight I should have because the team is begining to look fatigued. Ain't hindsight a b*t*h? Anyway this happened...

View attachment 345278
was eventually going to happen. Happy for the lad.

And elsewhere in the world of football

View attachment 345262

View attachment 345260
that's right, David Silva scooping both the golden ball and world player of the year awards.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 345275
Doesn't it look so green?

Last edited:
Love it when someone starts a Cardiff story, I'll definitely be following, also, did you donate for the database you are using?

Back