Cardiff City promoted- 2nd season

• Thread starter Thread starter RocknRoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

RocknRoll

Reaction score
Got £7.5m to spend, won't survive with my current squad despite their valiant efforts in the play offs :PXD

Need

Left back, central midfielder, versatile midfielder, pacey striker

Thanks. I realise I may have to use the loan market a bit

Cover everything from the loan market if you can. I've never seen the point in spending in your first seaosn up, beacuse should you go down and players want to leave, you're going to make a huge loss on them.

Check all the top 5-6 team for loan available fringe players. City more than likely will have decent players available considering they bring i 2-3 first team player per transfer window.

Check the teams that went down and see if you can get their best players.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/88423-gary-speed-tribute-challenge.html

^^ Check out what other people have done with the money and post a screenshot and you can be added to the challenge table :)

Definitely look at Ross Barkley I know he's on the loan list first season he should be around 2nd season too - He's a solid CM. Lorenzo Crisetig and Marco Veratti for your versatile mid (although they are only versatile through the center...) Perhaps take a look at Jack Collinson - He WILL be a solid pick up and you could get him for under 6. He can play MR and ML as well as through the middle.

Left Back - Dodo or Plattenhardt you could look at Jacob Lensky too (He can play ML as well)

Striker - What have you done with Earnshaw?! He's fast enough to burn past the majority of the PL CB's. Sell Miller to get your funds up a bit more. then possibly take a look at bringing in Welbeck on loan

Alright lads.

Earnshaw's just back from a 4 month injury (I'm in November 2012 and struggling a bit in the relegation zone)- his pace is down to 13s now, not so effective.

I got Jenas on a loan along with Fleck, Goodwillie was in after being transfer listed, Joe Bennet from Middlesbrough and Kuczsak on a free. Really struggling with a lack of clinical striker though.

I managed to finish 3rd in my first season in the PL after being promoted with Cardiff but I bought most of my team in the first seaon, not sure the players will still be available 2nd season.

Players I got 2nd season are -

Left back - loan Jack Robinson from Liverpool
Centre mid - I bought Gylfi Sigurdsoon for about £4.5mil (spread over 48 months), also got Owen Hargreaves for around £100k & loan Lorenzo Crisetig from Inter Milan
Striker - Wifried for £2.5mil, I already had Darwin Quintero so he may have been snapped, other options Yaya Sanogo, Carlos Fierro

Players I bought 1st season were Toloi DC, Bressan AMR, Bandalovski DR, Gioda DC, Rapa DR/L, Jali MC

As said above definitley sell Kenny Miller to free up his wages!!

You could buy Carlos Fierro, will probably take all your budget but he scored 45 goals in his 1st season of playing for me...

Delfouneso on loan you could try?

Back