chrislmurray

Reaction score
Welcome all,

This is my first ever FM story, so bear with me! I'm just going to essentially document my journey with Pachuca, who begin as a mid-table team in the Mexican First Division (Tier 1 on the pyramid). I didn't pick them, I was in a 'que séra séra' type of mood, so I randomly generated them out of all the teams in the game. I do this sometimes because it gives me challenges and picks teams and countries that I never would have thought of managing otherwise. For example, last time I used this method of team selection I enjoyed a wonderfully fun career journeying around Australia.

There'll be no changing clubs here though. To make this story finite, rather than have it go on indefinitely, I've decided that I will keep going with Pachuca until I get fired and then end it. I have a reasonable budget to start off with due to the club's 'secure' financial status. The transfer budget is £3,330,000 and the wage budget is £264,000, out of which I'm currently spending about £210,000. There's room for transfers here, but I feel the squad is strong enough to achieve my league expectation of mid-table for the Opening Stage (the league is split into two competitions, an opening and a closing stage with 17 games each). We have players such as Sebastián Sosa and Hugo Rodríguez, and promising 20 year old midfielder Erick Gutíerrez. I'll try to make updates months, include all results and some player statistics, and transfer news.

Feel free to ask questions or request any other information, I'll be sure to respond.

View attachment 165741

Above is a screenshot of the club summary. Most notable is its secure financial status and its superb training facilities.

View attachment 165740

Good luck with your first story game! Will be interesting to see how you fare in the Mexican league :p

P.S I like the team's name :p

I played for pachuca's youth squad for 7 years, exciting to see a story based on one of my favorite clubs.

Good luck with your first story game! Will be interesting to see how you fare in the Mexican league :p

P.S I like the team's name :p

Thanks! I'm no expert at the game, but I'll do my best. Yeah, don't really know much about Mexican football so it'll be interesting to see what it's like on FM! Haha, yeah, bet no one's done a story on Pachuca before! :p