Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Birmingham City

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie92

Reaction score
I thought I would start this thread a little earlier than the weekend. Discuss the final here...predictions, scorelines, team line-ups, goals and the rest!

Carling Cup Final 2011 preview to follow.

Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish has told his players to relish Sunday's Carling Cup final with Arsenal.
It has been 55 years since Blues
spacer.gif
last contested a major cup final at Wembley - the 1956 FA Cup against Manchester City.
spacer.gif

Birmingham reached this year's showpiece following a two-legged semi-final success over West Ham.
The Midlanders, who are also going strong in the FA Cup, have now been told to enjoy every moment of the showpiece event.
McLeish has experience of having a disappointing encounter against England at Hampden Park and does not want his players to suffer a similar fate.
However, the Scottish tactician believes he has enough talent and experience in his Blues squad to make the most of Sunday's final.
It will be McLeish's first major final south of the border after winning 19 trophies as a player and manager in Scotland.

Last edited:
Awfull OP i was going to make this tomorrow with lots of info in it :'(

Awfull OP i was going to make this tomorrow with lots of info in it :'(

That's why I said preview to follow. I was going to add it at the weekend. If you don't like the thread, simply don't post in it.

OP sort the thread out properly or im closing it as per the match thread rules

OP sort the thread out properly or im closing it as per the match thread rules

I am going to add to the OP once the weekend comes, hence why I put "preview to follow"...give a guy a chance.

Why make it if you don't intend to fully commit as soon as you made it. Not asif you get bonus point's for making a thread.. Or do you feel special if the thread you made is the one everyone posts in.

But anyway.. not to start an arguement, Brimingham 2-1 Win. Come on Big Eck :wub:

I am going to add to the OP once the weekend comes, hence why I put "preview to follow"...give a guy a chance.
you cant "book" it, this is exactly why the match thread rules got created

you cant "book" it, this is exactly why the match thread rules got created

I never "booked" it. Thats why I made it, I don't see the problem here. I think you should give me a chance just because I am not well known on the site.

I never "booked" it. Thats why I made it, I don't see the problem here. I think you should give me a chance just because I am not well known on the site.
not waiting till the weekend for a decent opening post. re edit it or im closeing it. it has nothing to do with how known you are or not

No, its not that. There are rules to follow for a reason, nobody is against you because you aren't well known - members are just expected to meet the standards of the forum,

For example match threads, and OP's. You like to see a detailed OP so people can read up on some facts, see what team news there may be, goalscorers, and stuff like that. Just makes the thread more attractive and by doing this, hopefully there will be lively discussion. Which is always nice to see.

not waiting till the weekend for a decent opening post. re edit it or im closeing it. it has nothing to do with how known you are or not

Well this must be some kind of discrimination...closing a thread because it isn't "decent" to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.