Carling Cup Final

Lloyd

Reaction score
Well we won 4-0 Rooney with two good goals, Ronaldo and Saha. I knew they would have a shirt to do with Alan Smith for if we won which was pretty obvious we was going to win :p Wigan were a bit unlucky to lose there keeper so early on though. Good game I thought, Wigan never really seemed to give up. Rooney just tore them apart and deserved man of the match.

Pretty good game but it's obvious what everyone's favourite part was...

Lennon> was i the only one that was turned on by Ronaldos body?
Sean[PES]> no
Lennon> good :D
Sean[PES]> andy gray was as well
Lennon> lol, i was jus about to say that
Lee> ronaldo was buff :D
Kris> lol

:haha:

Last edited:
That makes it look like I enjoyed it Lee :(

Anyway the match was good, Rooney played well for once. He's been a bit off form lately. I was so happy when I found out that Fletcher wasn't playing, it made all the difference :D

hahaha thats quite funny for u lee...

feel sorry for pollitt tho :(

Serves him right for not warming up correctly. He has no one to blame but himself.:D

Thats a bit harsh Lee!

Well we deserved it,played really well,just wish everyone would shut up about Ruud not playin. No reason why he should have.

Wes Brown played v.well,hopefully it will be the first of many with gazza as captain

Why am i in that quote ? makes me look bad aswell :rolleyes:

ajw said:
Well we deserved it,played really well,just wish everyone would shut up about Ruud not playin. No reason why he should have.

I can think of 19 reasons why he should've played, and together they make him the Prems top goal scorer. I just hope it's not another case of Sir Alex clashing with a big name player (i.e. Ince, Stam, Beckham, Keane etc.). In all honesty, and it pains me to say this, if I was Ruud I'd leave in the summer. All we heard last week from Fergie was how important the game was, that his job was on the line and that he had to play his best eleven, and by not playing him at all Ruud obviously isn't considered to be one of the best fourteen. :| :irked: :yikes:

Ive heard hes gunna leave for 10m in the summer, but that was the Daily Mirror

I hope he doesnt for Man u and the EPLs sake, hes at least the 2nd best finisher in the world, behind Shevi IMO.

I think he might leave, although he has said he doesn't want to leave because he wants to play with Rooney but you never know in football and manchester united. One day he will be happy to stay and next he could be on his way like Beckham. We will have to see what happens from now till the end of the season.

Ronin said:
I can think of 19 reasons why he should've played, and together they make him the Prems top goal scorer. I just hope it's not another case of Sir Alex clashing with a big name player (i.e. Ince, Stam, Beckham, Keane etc.). In all honesty, and it pains me to say this, if I was Ruud I'd leave in the summer. All we heard last week from Fergie was how important the game was, that his job was on the line and that he had to play his best eleven, and by not playing him at all Ruud obviously isn't considered to be one of the best fourteen. :| :irked: :yikes:

Ok then il re-phrase...why should Saha and Rooney not have played?

And if Ruud van Nistelrooy moves in the summer,I will drive up to Gregor's house (probably cos its furthest away) and be his personal slave for the day.

I didn't say they shouldn't play. I was delighted for Saha. It's great to see him getting back to his best and he deserved to start. It's sends a clear message that he is not third choice but a third option. All three of Uniteds strikers play very different games and Saha and Rooney compliment each other well. My beef is that Ruud did not get on at all. Surely he deserved the chance given his wonderful service to the club? He is certainly more deserving than Vidic and Evra. His expression when they went on told a story, and I wish I was as optimistic about his future as you.

Or do you just want to be Gregors slave for the day? :)

Well I see you're point I was suprised when he didn't come on at all, but then again I can understand it too, Saha deserved to play a full game after all it was his goals that helped get them there, Rooney wanted his hat-trick, and there was no need to bring on a 3rd striker, but he let the new boys get a taste of what it's like to win.

I'm sure RvN is big enough to know that it wasn't personal and it in no way mean't that he is not considerd as one of MU's best players, if he's not then he should **** off anyway, you don't need another Van Hooijdonk do you.

also in relation to him moving just saw this on carling.com

Ruud slams Milan rumours

1/03/06

Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has reacted angrily to speculation about his future after he was left on the bench for the Carling Cup final.

Sir Alex Ferguson is rumoured to have been less than impressed by van Nistelrooy's work rate in recent weeks and numerous press reports have suggested the prolific frontman will find himself leaving Old Trafford in the summer.

However, the 29-year-old expects to stay at United and did not take kindly to being asked about stories linking him with a move to AC Milan.

"So far, I haven't played a bad season personally," he told De Telegraaf.

"A form crisis or panic is absolute nonsense.

"I want to concentrate myself here on the Dutch national team. I want to go to the World Cup and I want to produce a good performance there.

"And I won't answer any questions about stories which aren't stories."

so that's it then definately going. :p

Andy, your already my *****

I hate Saha with a passion. Yes he scores goals but it takes him 4 glorious chnaces to get one goal whereas with Ruud you'd at least get 3 from 4. Don't even risk ******* off Ruud, sell Saha to make him happier!!!!!

Yeah I know I am but I wanted it to make it look like I was making a decent promise :D

Ronin,I agree with you about Evra/Vidic,Ruud should have come on instead of them two,but Fergie was obviously trying to just give them a taste of a final,even if they didnt warrant it.