Widuka

Reaction score
Hello... Im currently playing on my Genoa game and I have some problems with my lonely striker. I've played about 8 matches only lost 1, but I am a bit nervous about my striker upfront. I play a 4-2-3-1 with good wingers who supply Vela with good crosses. I got Rodriguez (porto) on left and Valencia (United) on right. Both good players. Which settings will suit Vela best. Crosses to feet or what are your suggestions? And how do I play him bet. As a poacher, target man, complete striker etc... I think I play him as complete striker now.

well personally, i wouldnt play vela as a lone striker, but seing as though you are: id play the wingers on opposite wings to their feet, ie right footed on the left, left footed on the right, then have them cross rarely and cut inside to provide through balls often, as vela is alot stronger playing on the ground rather that heading crosses? have vela run onto ball or to feet, which he could then maybe flick on to the overlapping winger on the otherside to slot one in (because hes playin in a position where the winger can finish with his stronger foot)

if any of thwe wingers are good at long shots, i would have them try them sometimes.

ofc what i would be doing is playing vela with a strong targetman, such as cardozo, then crosses can be made aswell. hope this helped :)

I've just bought Vela for my Blackpool team and he plays pretty decent in a trequarista (sp) position.

I've now tried playing him as trequartista. But not alone. I have bought Paloschi to help him upfront. It seems o work out very well. Currently number 1 in the seria A, with only loss after 23 matches. Vela has scored about 20 league goals.

thanks