LMasters

Reaction score
View attachment 430491
THE C-SQUARED TRAIN

A lot of people may look at this and laugh, and I'd understand that. Some may argue that he is, possibly, one of the worst players to have a sustained Premier League career. And they may have a point.

However, on a free transfer, and asking around 10k p/w wages, I couldn't recommend a striker more to any team in the Premier League, or any top league for that matter. For teams in lower leagues, if he's available, snap up this MONSTER before someone else does. I've just picked him up in my online game (HERE) and he's been a perfect stop-gap while I wait for the return of Luis Suarez.

He hasn't scored any goals, unsurprising considering his reputation and ability, but he has done his role very well. In terms of my Liverpool team which was devoid of a good striker to play up-front by himself (Suarez suspended, Sturridge preferred on wing), "Big Carl" as he's become known in Anfield folk-lore, has stepped up big time. A series of mediocre 6.5 rating performances have earned him a place on the bench, in favor of 16 year old Richairo Zivkovic, who has gone on to score 3 goals in 3 consecutive starts. Having the presence of Carlton Cole on the bench and as an unofficial mentor for Zivkovic can surely be mentioned as a key contributor to his success.

Enough with the jokes, though. The 6.5 average ratings were very misleading, as we did, ultimately, win the games that he played, and while his performances weren't great, he was good enough for us to secure wins against decent opposition in friendlies and in the League Cup. Ultimately I felt pretty good about his 10k contract and I would thoroughly recommend him to ANY Premier League team, especially those a bit thin up front.