Carragher overtook Giggs to set new record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimevodno

Reaction score
Jamie Carragher tonight overtook Ryan Giggs to become the record British appearance holder in European competition.

The 33-year-old came on as a substitute in the 1-0 win against Sparta Prague for what was his 137th game in continental football - one more than Manchester United winger Giggs.

Carragher made his European debut more than 13 years ago in a 2-2 draw away to Celtic.

His Euro trophy haul includes a UEFA Cup, a Champions League and two UEFA Super Cups.

Author: Jimm

No worries on this, Liverpool will go out soon, United will get the final of the CL so mehhh :D

No worries on this, Liverpool will go out soon, United will get the final of the CL so mehhh :D

hahahahahha:) you can just dream about this. In fact Man U are the one who will drop out first and Liverpool will play more and more in the Europe this and the next year and the year after, and so Jamie will play on and on until he settles a record which will be untouchable.

Liverpool are one of the strongest teams left in Europa, they may well get to the final as well ;)

If i had to bet my money, Liverpool of Porto will win Europa League

hahahahahha:) you can just dream about this. In fact Man U are the one who will drop out first and Liverpool will play more and more in the Europe this and the next year and the year after, and so Jamie will play on and on until he settles a record which will be untouchable.

haha if your lucky, year and year after. Your only going further down :D

Liverpool are one of the strongest teams left in Europa, they may well get to the final as well ;)

and what do you mean Rangers are there :O XDXDXD (yes sarcastic laugh)

Ohh and Liverpool only scraped through tonight if they continue to play and fail to finish the chances they had in that game they won't go far.

Ohh and Liverpool only scraped through tonight if they continue to play and fail to finish the chances they had in that game they won't go far.

Well at least Liverpool won, and yesterday Manchester failed to win so..

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

haha if your lucky, year and year after. Your only going further down :D

and what do you mean Rangers are there :O XDXDXD (yes sarcastic laugh)

I don't know if you read what Cantona said, it will be hard for Manchester to win anything at all after Ferguson. So don't laugh at others, but think of yourself. Carra is proving that he is one of the greatest CB in the history of English football..

we didnt even have johnson,carragher(didnt start),gerrard,shelvey and carroll

with them we can easily win it

***** sake if this is going to be liverpool vs united im closing it

The EL has got more knockout stages, plus easier opponents. We're the favorites to win the EL, your not favorites for the CL.

Congratz to carra, no on better. <3

Your boring. It was always set up that way, with Carragher over took Giggs heading......

Anyway. they will just keep swapping the record for a bit now

I just post it as a record and your mates from Manchester got furious of this and started against Liverpool.. I am not the one who started.

The EL has got more knockout stages, plus easier opponents. We're the favorites to win the EL, your not favorites for the CL.

Congratz to carra, no on better. <3
it doesnt work that way you were favourites to win last time too.. inter were not favourites to win the CL last season, the did in fact knock out the favourites on the way to winning.

back to carragher, wonder if this season could be his last, would be a shame if it was

Well at least Liverpool won, and yesterday Manchester failed to win so..

I don't know if you read what Cantona said, it will be hard for Manchester to win anything at all after Ferguson. So don't laugh at others, but think of yourself. Carra is proving that he is one of the greatest CB in the history of English football..

True however playing in the velodrome is a tough ask and also a 0-0 away draw is ideal. Just because Cantona says it doesn't mean it will be true yes it will be different but 1. A great manager will follow just like we replaced Matt Busby ;) and 2. I reckon Ferguson will always be there to assist any Man Utd manager by a simple phone call he may even become a director so..

we didnt even have johnson,carragher(didnt start),gerrard,shelvey and carroll

with them we can easily win it

doesn't matter who you have or don't you don't know if Carroll will be able to play well in liverpools system or in Europe as he has never done so don't be so confident. Benfica where also very strong looking tonight if you all think it's going to be a walk in the park for liverpool i'd think again.

Anyway not going to drag this off topic. I was having a bit of banter and I'm not doubting carragher being a great player or anything he is class and I have nothing against him, I do still think United will be in Europe longer than Liverpool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.