Carragher scores in testimonial

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Jamie Carragher marked his testimonial with a goal for each side as Liverpool beat an Everton XI 4-1 at Anfield.

More...

oO)...a player scoring in his own testimonial.....wow, thats a surprise.

lol...He scores for both teams from penalties,never seen that happen before

Great to see some of the players again, Garcia, McAllister,Dudek all coming backfor Carra.Shame Hyypia couldn't be there

Ecstatic Luis Garcia was there.

Also it wouldn't be a proper Carra testimonial without an own goal from the great man himself.

Carragher and those own goals of his... /facepalm

Luis Garcia's goal was a beaut as well! :D

He did *****, actually. Got a good few boo's too.
I read owen won a penalty and set up a goal.:P You sure you're not letting your hate for him get in the way of judgind how well he did.<)

I read owen won a penalty and set up a goal.:P You sure you're not letting your hate for him get in the way of judgind how well he did.<)

He got boo'ed all game and often gave the ball away. Obviously not playing anywhere near his best, it is a testimonial and all but he wasn't great tonight at all.

He got boo'ed all game and often gave the ball away. Obviously not playing anywhere near his best, it is a testimonial and all but he wasn't great tonight at all.
Fair enough.

Fair enough.

To be fair though it was a testimonial and Carragher scored a penalty against his own side. You can't really judge how well someone plays in a match like this.

The thing that suprised me about this game is the fact they chose to play it at a time when Gerrard couldnt play in it. Surely of all players that Carragher would want in it, he would want Gerrard. Maybe he will have another one when he retires I dont know, just thought it was odd. Certainly dont get many players more loyal to a club than Carragher though, love him or hate him you cant fault that. Top pro.

The thing that suprised me about this game is the fact they chose to play it at a time when Gerrard couldnt play in it. Surely of all players that Carragher would want in it, he would want Gerrard. Maybe he will have another one when he retires I dont know, just thought it was odd. Certainly dont get many players more loyal to a club than Carragher though, love him or hate him you cant fault that. Top pro.

I agree totally with this statement. Gerrard flew back to play 10 minutes in the game although yes, I too would have expected it to be at a time when Gerrard could play 45 minutes or more.

Carra's best mate was always Owen. Gerrard used to be closer to Danny Murphy.

Read what Ben said. He also missed an absolute sitter about 10 minutes in. Obviously not finding his form at all this season. :)

Could someone give me the player's name who played. I've heard, Owen, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Luis Garcia and Cara...

Liverpool XI: Jerzy Dudek, Stephen Wright, Steve Finnan, Stephen Warnock, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Emile Heskey, Michael Owen, Luis Garcia, Jamie Carragher, Jay Spearing, Brad Jones, Paul Konchesky, Ryan Babel, Jonjo Shelvey, Andre Wisdom, Nathan Eccleston, Daniel Ayala, Gary McAllister, Suso, Raheem Sterling, Conor Coady, David Thompson, Jason McAteer.

Everton XI: Iain Turner, Tony Hibbert, Shane Duffy, Aristote Nsiala, Jose Baxter, Francis Jeffers, Luke Garbutt, Magaye Gueye, Leon Osman, Yakubu, Lee Carsley, Leighton Baines, James Wallace, Hope Akpan, Mikel Arteta, Nathan Craig, Adam Davies, James Vaughan, Jermaine Beckford, Zac Thompson, Ross Barkley.

Back