Carrick issues warning to Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Michael Carrick says Manchester United must avoid unnecessary slip-ups as they prepare to begin their Premier League campaign at newly promoted Newcastle.

More...

very confident about this game, cant see us getting no less than 3 points and 3 goals to start of the season nicely.

Very confident there.

Don't understand estimate us though, we do have a good squad.

Writing Newcastle of is the worst thing you can do. Lets not avoid the obvious, united will be to strong for them, but there could be a shock. Nothing is impossible.

We have proved ourselves time and time again.

Like someone said on the other thread. Sunderland almost did it last season, Villa did do it, West Ham did it the season before. I would settle for a 1 goal margin though.

We have proved ourselves time and time again.

Like someone said on the other thread. Sunderland almost did it last season, Villa did do it, West Ham did it the season before. I would settle for a 1 goal margin though.
we dont underestimate you. we just know what we are capable of. the only way you will get a result is if you are are your best, and we are poor. as proved when you got than 1-1 draw. anything else generally results in united win, as shown by the 3 other victories

Don't get me wrong, United are a much superior team to us, and we will be lucky to escape with a draw. What really gets to me is when people judge Newcastle without seeing them play for the last year. Let's be honest, they absolutely cruised the Championship, not even Newcastle fans know what's coming.

Don't get me wrong, United are a much superior team to us, and we will be lucky to escape with a draw. What really gets to me is when people judge Newcastle without seeing them play for the last year. Let's be honest, they absolutely cruised the Championship, not even Newcastle fans know what's coming.
championship form means nothing in the prem, last time west brom came up they smashed the championship. they then got a complete hiding in the premiership.

The last time toons played their first game at OT and got draw they were relegated. Better lose first game and stay in premier league than draw and get relegated:P

Imo Newcastle got pretty luck last year, with players like Leon Best - 0 goals in 15 or so games is hardly the type of player you want in the Premier League. You may have 'cruised' the Championship but your wage for Joey Barton and Alan Smith was probably hire than the entire Blackpool team. Newcastle will have it tough this year, no doubt about it, but I guess everyone has to dream...

Imo Newcastle got pretty luck last year, with players like Leon Best - 0 goals in 15 or so games is hardly the type of player you want in the Premier League. You may have 'cruised' the Championship but your wage for Joey Barton and Alan Smith was probably hire than the entire Blackpool team. Newcastle will have it tough this year, no doubt about it, but I guess everyone has to dream...

We will definatley struggle, there's no doubt about that. We did play some very good football last season, how we got 'lucky' and won the league with 102 points I'll never know.

Man Utd 6 - 0 Newcastle

wouldnt mind if it was because we would still be top on name lol. honestly i keep saying to myself toon can do it but honestly i dont think they will but im predicting 2-0.

Newcastle 4-1 Man Utd
Harper to score a hat-trick, Coloccini to be sent off. You heard it hear first.

Back