Carson Yeung "Assisting" Police in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Reaction score
Birmingham City | News | Latest | Latest | CLUB STATEMENT

Pannu said: "I have just had a call from the Birmingham International Holdings lawyers informing me of the position in Hong Kong and I have also been informed by them that Carson is assisting with enquiries that have nothing to do with the operation of BIHL in Hong Kong and therefore nothing to do with the operation of the club, and relate to other matters.

"People are reminded that in recent years members of the previous Board were placed on bail for a significant amount of time and nothing came of it. I am only using this as an example to calm any fears.

"The law says a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"Until I find out more information about this matter there is no further comment to be made."

Im not being funny Mr Pannu, but i think its about time someone just came out and said what dodgy dealing you are doing with our club before it comes out anyway...

More joys to behold for Blues fans!!

Oh and loved the dig at Gold and Sullivan, very mature and professional ;)

Birmingham City | News | Latest | Latest | CLUB STATEMENT

Pannu said: "I have just had a call from the Birmingham International Holdings lawyers informing me of the position in Hong Kong and I have also been informed by them that Carson is assisting with enquiries that have nothing to do with the operation of BIHL in Hong Kong and therefore nothing to do with the operation of the club, and relate to other matters.

"People are reminded that in recent years members of the previous Board were placed on bail for a significant amount of time and nothing came of it. I am only using this as an example to calm any fears.

"The law says a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"Until I find out more information about this matter there is no further comment to be made."

Im not being funny Mr Pannu, but i think its about time someone just came out and said what dodgy dealing you are doing with our club before it comes out anyway...

More joys to behold for Blues fans!!

Oh and loved the dig at Gold and Sullivan, very mature and professional ;)

I am slightly confused by this but as he says it has nothing to do with the BIH and therefore nothing to do with the club I am going to be as optimistic as possible.

I am slightly confused by this but as he says it has nothing to do with the BIH and therefore nothing to do with the club I am going to be as optimistic as possible.

There are news reports apparently stating that he has been arrested over allegations, i think Pannu is massively spinning positives on it for our benefit.

Just sick of the unknown being the basis of our clubs owners...

There are news reports apparently stating that he has been arrested over allegations, i think Pannu is massively spinning positives on it for our benefit.

Just sick of the unknown being the basis of our clubs owners...

Allegations of what though, thats what I'm confused by

Any seen carsons twitter? He's taking this very lightly.

Allegations of what though, thats what I'm confused by

allegations of money laundering

---------- Post added 30/06/2011 at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 29/06/2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

Yeung released on bail | Birmingham City News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung has been released on bail after being charged with money laundering by a Hong Kong court.

Yeung has been charged with "dealing with property known or believed to represent proceeds of indictable offences" totalling about HK$721million(£57.5m).

The 51-year-old was subsequently released on bail of HK$7m (£559,000) after the trial was adjourned until 11th August.

The businessman's lawyer Daniel Marash told reporters after bail was granted: "All they're saying is that he (Yeung) has got a lot of money, and he hasn't paid a lot of tax.

"I mean there's lots of money in my bank account, not as much as his, but I don't pay taxes because it's not taxable."

Championship side Birmingham had released a statement on Wednesday to state that Yeung was merely helping police with enquiries and that the matter has no connection with the club's parent company or subsidiaries.

BBC News - Birmingham City's Carson Yeung on money-laundering charges

Birmingham owner Carson Yeung charged with money laundering - ESPN Soccernet

Status
Not open for further replies.