Casillas hopes for Cole deal

Couldn't care less if he goes, get some good money out of him, lower the wage bill a bit, plus we've got Zhirkov who can slot straight in at LB as he's a class act anyway.

Couldn't care less if he goes, get some good money out of him, lower the wage bill a bit, plus we've got Zhirkov who can slot straight in at LB as he's a class act anyway.
zhirkov isnt near coles standard, hes not as good offensively and definitely not as good defensively

zhirkov isnt near coles standard, hes not as good offensively and definitely not as good defensively

zhirkov is an attaking forward so he is better going forward then cole. all i got to say is look at the chelsea 7-1 villa game yuri was sensational easily our best player. i admit his not coles standard but when cole was out for months last season our results didnt change with yuri playing.

Zhrikov is argueably better offensively than Cole, but defensively miles below the standard Cole is at.

I remember when we brought Cole from Arsenal for 5 million + Gallas and everyone was saying what a bad deal it was for us.

Turns out it was a brilliant deal for us and a terrible one for Arsenal.

zhirkov is an attaking forward so he is better going forward then cole. all i got to say is look at the chelsea 7-1 villa game yuri was sensational easily our best player. i admit his not coles standard but when cole was out for months last season our results didnt change with yuri playing.
to be fair, when it comes to the big games, i'd always want cole over zhirkov. games like villa you expect to dominate. its the champions league when you have be as good defenisive as your offensively that i feel that zhirkov doesnt match up. thats not to say hes a bad player, i just dont think as fullback he at the standard of cole. though 30 million, is a price they'd have to take

I remember when we brought Cole from Arsenal for 5 million + Gallas and everyone was saying what a bad deal it was for us.

I never understood Arsenal's thinking behind that deal..

to be fair, when it comes to the big games, i'd always want cole over zhirkov. games like villa you expect to dominate. its the champions league when you have be as good defenisive as your offensively that i feel that zhirkov doesnt match up. thats not to say hes a bad player, i just dont think as fullback he at the standard of cole. though 30 million, is a price they'd have to take

thats the difference with us and arsenal we have the best left back in the world but if he wants to leave we will let him ay lol.

I think if you have Zhirkov who can easily slot in, then yes just accept the offer. Who cares if he is not as good at this and that compared to Cole, my reasoning is that Chelsea play extremely offensive, and they are won the League because when being countered they have a very good defense. So Zhirkov wouldn't destroy the defense of chelsea, just add to it.

You don't need to be world class to get the job done, and Yuri is good enough to get it done.

Back