Catalan League Setup - Testers Needed (again!)

djh1878

Mark McCusker's #1 Fan
Reaction score
UPDATE: This database has now been completed and uploaded, just waiting for it to be approved and then you'll be able to get the finished version!!!

Hi again guys! I've got another database to test - this time I've created Catalunya as a nation seperate from Spain, and given it an independant league system of all Catalan clubs. I have left Barcelona, Espanyol and Gimnastic in the Spanish setup, as they occupy the top 2 divisions, but have added their B teams to the Catalan setup.

Basically, Catalunya is now a fully-fledged nation, and will participate in International tournaments. Furthermore, they will be given European places in their league system (which should develop further as time goes by, there are a couple of decent outfits in there). I haven't had to remove any of the other nations, as I have simply edited the now-defunct Zaire into the Catalan nation.

All Catalan cities have been moved from Spain to Catalunya, so expect plenty of regens to continuously stock the national team full of talent. Taking over the nation could prove to be a great challenge, as they will start at the bottom of the world rankings.

The leagues are set up like so:

Campionat de Catalunya - 18 teams
3 automatic relegation spots

Segunda de Catalunya (A,B) - 13 teams each
Champions gain automatic promotion, 2nd and 3rd in both leagues enter promotion playoff

The only things left for me to do is to set prize money, and to re-patriate some of the existing Spanish players to Catalunya - the likes of Victor Valdes, who has caps for the Catalan nation IRL. That may take a while, so I've popped this up to test in the meantime!

Would anyone like to try this out? I've added in the logos that you need to turn Zaire magically into the Catalan nation, simply pop the graphics folder into your graphics folder and the database file into your editor data folder.

Screenies and .rar file:

Last edited:
taking my idea. i like it.
I wont be testing this sorry but i will definetly download the finished product
Edit: how come you swapped them with Montenegro in the European qualification

Last edited:
taking my idea. i like it.
I wont be testing this sorry but i will definetly download the finished product
Edit: how come you swapped them with Montenegro in the European qualification

I didn't have a choice, FM does it automatically - entering the qualifying, Montenegro were the bottom-ranked European team after their split from Serbia, so the game must automatically swap any created nation in for them. For every tournament thereafter, Montenegro will (all being well!) return to the qualifying stages.

I'll hopefully have the whole thing completed, as well as my Great Britain database, by Monday. It's always worth putting it out to be tested before uploading though, I hate nothing more than downloading a faulty db!

Sounds like a great idea. I'll definitely try this one.

If you've got enough info for the Great Britain database then I could test this. Otherwise I'll continue on with the GB one for another season or two (I'm still on the original GB db though.)

Let me know :)

If you've got enough info for the Great Britain database then I could test this. Otherwise I'll continue on with the GB one for another season or two (I'm still on the original GB db though.)

Let me know :)

If there havn't been any other issues, that should (hopefully) be ok then - thanks again for testing it! This one is much simpler, so should be a lot easier to de-bug...he says crossing his fingers...^^)

If there havn't been any other issues, that should (hopefully) be ok then - thanks again for testing it! This one is much simpler, so should be a lot easier to de-bug...he says crossing his fingers...^^)

Cool :) The only issue I've found with the GB db is that they qualify to play in the World Cup (even second time around) but they never get entered into Euros as, for some reason, they're not eligable for a world ranking? I know you've done a newer db version though, so that probably isn't an issue anymore? Other than that, it seems to work fine.

I'll definately be downloading the completed version.

I'll start this Catalan one up tomoz -- good work by the way :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:45 AM ----------

Looks very good so far -- here are a few things I've noticed (pre December 2009 in game) --

Teams that are connected to others as a B team are still basically the main club (which is right) but they could probably do with being converted to feeder clubs. I found if you choose to manage a team like this (Barca Ath) then non of your players belong to you (they belong to the main team). Also, you can not buy players from the parent club - which could get irritating if you're a few seasons in.

When you look at the rules for the divisions it says -- top 111 teams qualify for champions league, 112-114 qualify for euro cup. Not sure how this affects things at end of season?

If you choose a team like Badalona the majority of your squad become of no use to you because the league only allows 8 foreigners per squad, but all Spanish players are considered foreign until the player declares his intentions to take up Catalan nationality. At the time of squad selection only one of my players had converted to Catalan so I had to choose pretty much my youth team. This is not the case for all the teams though -- some squads are filled with Catalans from start-up.

Players like Victor Valdes take up Catalan nationality, which is cool. Valdes and two others had converted in time for the national side's second match due to lack of action for Spain :)

Looks very good so far -- here are a few things I've noticed (pre December 2009 in game) --

Teams that are connected to others as a B team are still basically the main club (which is right) but they could probably do with being converted to feeder clubs. I found if you choose to manage a team like this (Barca Ath) then non of your players belong to you (they belong to the main team). Also, you can not buy players from the parent club - which could get irritating if you're a few seasons in.

When you look at the rules for the divisions it says -- top 111 teams qualify for champions league, 112-114 qualify for euro cup. Not sure how this affects things at end of season?

If you choose a team like Badalona the majority of your squad become of no use to you because the league only allows 8 foreigners per squad, but all Spanish players are considered foreign until the player declares his intentions to take up Catalan nationality. At the time of squad selection only one of my players had converted to Catalan so I had to choose pretty much my youth team. This is not the case for all the teams though -- some squads are filled with Catalans from start-up.

Players like Victor Valdes take up Catalan nationality, which is cool. Valdes and two others had converted in time for the national side's second match due to lack of action for Spain :)

Yeah, the European thing makes the database crash when the game tries to update to the new season - apparently FM doesn't like zero coefficients, so I've set the league to the same coefficients as the Faroe Islands to keep the low start, meaning the champs enter Champions League qualis while 2nd, 3rd and 4th enter the Europa qualis. Apart from that, everything seems to be fine - I've also tweaked the league rules to a 6+5 first 11 rule, and set the B teams as long-term feeders.

Cheers for the feedback - the two finished databases will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow! :)

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

That's the final version uploaded and waiting approval. Hope you all enjoy it!