Catalonia/Basque Challenge

Olly_11

Reaction score
150px-Flag_of_Catalonia.svg.png
150px-Flag_of_the_Basque_Country.svg.png

Catalonia and the Basque Country are two regions in Spain that have national teams, but can not compete in the FIFA or UEFA tournaments, whilst players from Spain can play for the regions aswell as Spain, such as Xavi Alonso for the Basque Country and Andres Iniesta for Catalonia

In this challenge, Catalonia and the Basque Country have been given their international license, replacing Andorra and San Marino in the Euro 2012 qualifiers. The downside is that most, if not all the players that have caps for Spain have turned down the opportunity to switch allegiances. Take charge of either of them and lead them to Euro 2012 glory.

The main credit for this scenario goes to Hades who created the database, though I've set about editing parts of it so players like Llorente and Xavi etc stay with the Spain side. After doing a final check, it appears that Valencia has been set as a Catalunyan region, which I'm not too sure of myself.

Points System

*200 points - Win Euro 2012 (180 runner up, 160 semi finalist, 140 quarter finalist, 120 group stage)
*100 points - Win qualification group
*80 points - Qualify through play offs
*10 points - one of your players being top scorer in qualifying
*10 points - for every point gained in qualification
*10 points - conceding the least goals in your qualifying group
*10 points - scoring the most goals in your qualifying group

Challenge Rules

*Manager must be an ex-player, either Catalunyan on Basque, depending on who you pick. If you need suggestions, then I'll be happy to help.

*Please state which team you are using in this thread.

*Please don't use FMRTE, but seeing as I can't exactly make sure you don't, will have to trust you all!

Proof

Will just need screenshots of the final qualification table, the results and then the same for the Euro, if you qualify.

To help you pick, here are the teams at the start of the game:

basquesquad.jpg

catalonia.jpg

If there's a lot of quick interest, I'll post the Database up straight away. :)

Download link
When loading the game, select both files 'Catalonia' and 'Basque'.
If you want to use the graphics then extract them to the graphics folder.

Last edited:
Nice idea, but my heart broke when I read you cancelled San Marino to set your scenario... why? why it had to be San Marino? take Luxembourg, take Malta, take even Italy... but not San Marino! ;)

No one will go the Basque Nation if Almunia is the goalie ;)

Nice idea, but my heart broke when I read you cancelled San Marino to set your scenario... why? why it had to be San Marino? take Luxembourg, take Malta, take even Italy... but not San Marino! ;)

I downloaded it like that I'm afraid, I just made slight edits! :(

No one will go the Basque Nation if Almunia is the goalie ;)

Luckily they've got other good keepers like Iraizoz, Goitia, Ruffier etc! :D

disgusting idea, puta cataluna, puta euskadi, viva espana

also Iniesta is not catalan, he is from albacete

Luckily they've got other good keepers like Iraizoz, Goitia, Ruffier etc! :D

I don't think Basque Country can make it with those keepers. Would go for Catalonia but will try it out.

Gah sorry, will do a new upload in a second. You will need to select Catalonia and Basque playable leagues to get the most out of this :)

New download link in first post! :)

Last edited:
disgusting idea, puta cataluna, puta euskadi, viva espana

also Iniesta is not catalan, he is from albacete

Gora Euskadi, you ****.

OK i appreciate that there are definite hostilities between the various autonomous communities in Spain, and more so between the people who are pro 'historical nationalties' like Catalonioa and Basque and those who in favour of a unified Spain.

But cut it out, its a database for God's sake.

Also to the OP, Valencia is the capital of a seperate community, it is no part of Catalonia.

OK i appreciate that there are definite hostilities between the various autonomous communities in Spain, and more so between the people who are pro 'historical nationalties' like Catalonioa and Basque and those who in favour of a unified Spain.

But cut it out, its a database for God's sake.

Also to the OP, Valencia is the capital of a seperate community, it is no part of Catalonia.

Thanks for that; didn't want or intend to cause any animosity from this at all.

I'm not even Spanish, I just have a terrible dislike for people who have such fascist 18th century views, and had the not-so-great idea to fight fire with fire. My apologies.

Catalonia and Basque are not the only communities with 'National' teams, Navarra also has one.

Also, cicinho and Athe~ please do not bring politics here. The Basques and the Catalan have their own culture and history, but that culture and history is a part of Spain's :p

all of my editor data files are DRC files, this is a RAR file, how do I convert it ?