Fulhamswede

Reaction score
I love the way the Italian team is playing right now in the WC, organized but great passing display and then theres that occasional change of tempo in attack and they score. Be-a-ut-i-f-ul.

I just read a great Catenaccio tread on another forum (Thedugout) but unfortunatley that tread was just teoretical and there was no tactic attached.

I just love the whole Catenaccio "1-0-is-the-best-match"-thinking with a empasis on a solid fortress of defence and was wondering which one is the best Catenacci-tactic (a true catenaccio) on here?

haha Not the best timing to say how well it's going for Italy :p

You won't get a proper Catenaccio tactic in modern football because of the change in the offside rule in 1990.

The philosophy behind it (as you said, "1-0 is the best result") is quite straightforward to implement though.

All Italy have shown is how poor England are lately. No creativity, no plan and no defence.

You love the way Italy are playing? Lol okay...
They showed up England to an extent- but that doesn't take much doing let's be honest.

You will never recreate Catenaccio's style- but setting up defensively and countering to keep clean sheets is easy.