EoinM21

Reaction score
Currently just about to start my third season with Liverpool and Mamadou Sakho, who has been immense for me, has decided to request a transfer. Need a Centre Back who can replace him they don't have to be young just world class.

Budget: Around £50 million

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you!

I got Romagnoli for just under 50m for Liverpool and him and Matip worked really well together for me

Take a look at Romagnoli , Tah, Sule, Rugani, Goldaniga, Laporte, Ginter, Jimenez, Dier, Zouma. Eventually Kempf, Jedvaj, Doria

Strongly recommend Goldaniga if you're looking for a slightly cheaper option. Ridiculously solid.

I'm in my 2nd Season and agree Matip & Sakho are brill - I also have Lucas (Atletico) & a Brazilian defender (Tiao or something similar) but he hasn't developed as good as I had hoped.

Are the names listed 4* plus? Chelsea and City have snapped a few up already.

Rugani and Romagnoli are 2 of the best Centre Backs in the game.

Look at Nico Elvedi, Inigo Martinez and Lemos (sp)

In the middle of the 3rd season with Dortmund, my starting CB pair is Kostas Manolas and Bjorn Engels. Recommend both highly. Manolas as a central defender and Engels as a ball-playing defender. Ratings through almost 20 appearances:

Manolas: 7.54
Engels: 7.66

Rugani has been a beast. I bought him since season 1 and he and Matip make a great pairing.

I also consider Chelsea's Andreas Christensen to be a great prospect.

But I splashed the cash for Jose Gimenez from Atletico. He is ready right now to step in and become the best central defender for Liverpool. Really well rounded and strong physical, mental, and technical stats. Paid 33.5m pounds after a lot of negotiation.

Thanks for all the replies everyone really appreciate it!

Rugani has been a beast. I bought him since season 1 and he and Matip make a great pairing.

I also consider Chelsea's Andreas Christensen to be a great prospect.

But I splashed the cash for Jose Gimenez from Atletico. He is ready right now to step in and become the best central defender for Liverpool. Really well rounded and strong physical, mental, and technical stats. Paid 33.5m pounds after a lot of negotiation.

agreed jose is an amazing defender