mersk

Reaction score
In my first season (january) with Liverpool, and although Agger, Skrtel and Coates are all fairly good, I'm looking to sell Skrtel and get a world class defender. I tried Hummels, and considering Dortmund was interested in Skrtel it seemed too good to be true - which it was. He wasn't interested in discussing a contract.

I've looked into other possibilities, such as Papadopoulos, Varane and Zouma, but I can't decide. Zouma is obviously a beast according to other threads here, but by selling Skrtel I would have only Agger as an experienced defender. I'd prefer getting a defender who's already top class and could go right into the starting eleven. Also, considering I play a very offensive tactic with a high defensive line, someone with decent pace would be preferred.

It's a possibility, but I gotta say that 10 in both concentration and decisions is a bit worrying. Makes me wonder if he won't make alot of mistakes?

In my first season (january) with Liverpool, and although Agger, Skrtel and Coates are all fairly good, I'm looking to sell Skrtel and get a world class defender. I tried Hummels, and considering Dortmund was interested in Skrtel it seemed too good to be true - which it was. He wasn't interested in discussing a contract.

I've looked into other possibilities, such as Papadopoulos, Varane and Zouma, but I can't decide. Zouma is obviously a beast according to other threads here, but by selling Skrtel I would have only Agger as an experienced defender. I'd prefer getting a defender who's already top class and could go right into the starting eleven. Also, considering I play a very offensive tactic with a high defensive line, someone with decent pace would be preferred.

Zouma has 16 pace and acceleration on my game 3rd season with liverpool, you may have a point about throwing him in there first season and i cant imagine you being able to free up the funds to get him yet, IMO keep skrtel for this year (as he is just below world class in terms of game stats) and sell maybe after the season or next and get Zouma, Papa would be great to bring in but the same thing as he really needs games to start blossoming which he will get at schalke, i bought him at the start of the 3rd season for 13.5 he usually gets unhappy after a season or two and you can get him for around his value.

Zouma has 16 pace and acceleration on my game 3rd season with liverpool, you may have a point about throwing him in there first season and i cant imagine you being able to free up the funds to get him yet, IMO keep skrtel for this year (as he is just below world class in terms of game stats) and sell maybe after the season or next and get Zouma, Papa would be great to bring in but the same thing as he really needs games to start blossoming which he will get at schalke, i bought him at the start of the 3rd season for 13.5 he usually gets unhappy after a season or two and you can get him for around his value.

Thanks for the reply. You're probably right, it might be best to keep Skrtel at least until the summer, and if I win the PL that should help me attract higher profile players too. I don't know if I have enough to buy Zouma now, I have about £11m on transfer budget + 300k p/w free on wage budget. I read somewhere he usually costs more than Andy Carroll did IRL, and if he does I'll definitely have to wait. But yeah, most likely I'll end up waiting until july, I got a feeling I'll be getting a nice transfer budget then.

Nicolas N'koulou then?Dede?Otamendi?Moreno?Shawcross?Musacchio?

Nkoulou is a possibility, thanks for the tip. None of the others you mention are much better than Skrtel, and Shawcross I genuinely dislike IRL :p

Thanks for the reply. You're probably right, it might be best to keep Skrtel at least until the summer, and if I win the PL that should help me attract higher profile players too. I don't know if I have enough to buy Zouma now, I have about £11m on transfer budget + 300k p/w free on wage budget. I read somewhere he usually costs more than Andy Carroll did IRL, and if he does I'll definitely have to wait. But yeah, most likely I'll end up waiting until july, I got a feeling I'll be getting a nice transfer budget then.
I won with Liverpool my first season and the board game me around 40m iirc. and yeah a usual price for him is around 30m. as soon as the season begins to wrap up i would start trying to unsettle him. wages shouldn't be a problem and after you sell some players the 30m might be half? of your budget or so.

did u manage to sell carrol?
did u sell danny wilson?
wat happen to carra?
his coaching stats is bad but im keeping him for tutoring young player

I won with Liverpool my first season and the board game me around 40m iirc. and yeah a usual price for him is around 30m. as soon as the season begins to wrap up i would start trying to unsettle him. wages shouldn't be a problem and after you sell some players the 30m might be half? of your budget or so.

I was expecting around £30m, so £40m would be very nice indeed. I'm en route to winning the PL, leading with 2 points and 2 games in hand, so hopefully I'll stay there and get a big transfer budget. And I should be able to get at least £10m for Skrtel.

did u sell danny wilson?
wat happen to carra?

Haven't sold Carroll yet as I'm only halfway through the first season. But I will sell him the first chance I get, even if I have to give him away like I practically did with Downing (sold him for £2.5m). I sold Wilson, and I'm letting Carra run out his contract. He's currently tutoring Flanagan.

did u sell danny wilson?
wat happen to carra?
I sold Carrol to wolves for 11.5m huge loss for the club overall but i'll take it, wilson got unhappy with in the first two months of the first season for me and left on a free, despite having me as one of his favored personnel (you should be able to change players minds), i kept carra as a rotation player through the second and backup through 3rd, really hoping he retires soon lol

Get Shawcross and pair him with Coates and you have a brilliant center defence.
Coates turns into a beast if you play him and seem to work perfectly with Shawcross on my Liverpool save.

You know Downing normally goes to Fulham for around 10m? I sold mine at the start of my save for 10.25m straight away. :D

Get Shawcross and pair him with Coates and you have a brilliant center defence.
Coates turns into a beast if you play him and seem to work perfectly with Shawcross on my Liverpool save.

Shawcross/Coates Shawcross/Skrtl

I hate Shawcross, wouldn't dream of signing him even if it's just a game. Besides, Skrtel is just as good as him so it wouldn't be the strengthening I'm after.

You know Downing normally goes to Fulham for around 10m? I sold mine at the start of my save for 10.25m straight away. :D

Yeah I know, but on my save I never got the bid. They were interested, but kept offering stupid loan deals all the time. In the end I got tired of seeing him in my squad and just sold him to the first bidder, which was Porto. I would probably have terminated his contract anyway, not a big fan of the guy. He couldn't get an assist even if there was no opponent, that's how much he sucks IRL.