CB's and GK just oofing it, I want swansea/barca style composure.

kurtywurty

Reaction score
I pretty much just said what I needed with the title, I understand the need to just clear it at times but occasionally my defenders and keeper dally on the ball, have a think and just launch into no man's land. I'm not using a TM or anything. How could you make them keep the ball better and be more composed if you so desired?

can you post a screenshot of your lineup/ formation/ tactics?

Creative freedom: normal
Passing: short
Cross ball: rarely

The combination of "stick to position" with your cb's having to pass so short might be restricting their options. I think changing stick to position to default would solve it, but if not, playing around with the defenders passing style and tempo could also help :)

Mine keep doing that but I found if you use the 'retain possession' shout he doesnt hoof it that much he just spreads play from one side to the other...

Well you've got one of your CD set to "through balls often" so that might be one of your problems...

Especially if the CD you're playing there can't pass very well, has poor technique or simply isn't creative.

Well you've got one of your CD set to "through balls often" so that might be one of your problems...

Especially if the CD you're playing there can't pass very well, has poor technique or simply isn't creative.

This.....

Also, are you sure that this is actually the case or is it just that this hooting is overrepresented in the highlights ? Have a look at their passing using the analyzing tool. Perhaps they actually keep a short passing game, keeping possession but you never see this as it does not results in a chance / highlight ?

I pretty much just said what I needed with the title, I understand the need to just clear it at times but occasionally my defenders and keeper dally on the ball, have a think and just launch into no man's land. I'm not using a TM or anything. How could you make them keep the ball better and be more composed if you so desired?

I'd be keen to ensure my defenders are collecting stats relevant to their position.

I'd be far happier if my defenders were leading the 'interceptions' and 'key headers' stats, compounded by strong average ratings. Leave the high volume of passes and pass completion percentage to the DMC's.

There pass completion stats are 20-30% lower than the rest of the team, I have vermaelen playing through balls he's pretty good.

Yeah that's fair stephensmith84, I do look at those. I think it goes without saying that I want those stats high. I however am trying to replicate the arsenal style of recycling possession at the back and letting the team recover/regroup. I think the thing that would make an average tactic a great tactic would be expecting all members of your team to do more, in this case not oofing the ball back to the opposition.

Yeah that's fair stephensmith84, I do look at those. I think it goes without saying that I want those stats high. I however am trying to replicate the arsenal style of recycling possession at the back and letting the team recover/regroup. I think the thing that would make an average tactic a great tactic would be expecting all members of your team to do more, in this case not oofing the ball back to the opposition.

In my game it's season 7. I have two phenomenal regens as full backs and they never give the ball away cheaply in the ME. Today in an online match they actually held the ball up ridiculously rather than hoof it long.

I haven't set them up to do that though, so I assume because they have great attributes that it's inate within them. I agree with you though, if there's a way to dictate instructions to players I'd be keen to find out how.