I'm going to have to take a better look at the settings you set for poacher. Since changing to this tactic Aguero has been making ludicrous runs, taking on 2-3 defenders and just skipping past them. He's blowing my mind.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I think it will :) Set Aguero as the Amc, Silva Aml and Dzeko/Balotelli upfront, Tevez Amr :) if you play Dzeko, change role to Complete Forward :)

Would you change any of the settings on Dzeko other than change to complete forward?

I would ask Dzeko to hold up the ball, but also get forward at the same time! you can mayke him TM - ball to feet and make him play through balls as well :)

Glad Aguero is on fire

Hi Raikan!

I've been a "silent" fan of you so far, your CCC heaven tactic worked for me as well for a few matches and then it suddenly ceased to work. I think it's ok, because it was designed for totally different players, although I tried to match my players to the requirements the tactics set.
Now I found myself struggling to score goals, and I'd like to ask you if you would take a look at my tactics, and correcting it. I myself enjoy experimenting, but since your tactics worked like a charm immediately designed for a different team and I couldn't replicate such results by knowing my team it would be high time to learn from a better tactician :D
I spent a lot of time trying to understand why you set settings as is in your tactics, but failed at some point, so it would be the best to learn by seeing my mistakes corrected.
Since it's my 4th season in Chelsea and changed a few players I've uploaded my save game, you can download by clicking HERE.
I know it's a lot of work, so NO is a honest answer too :D
Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot!
I don't want to stick to that diamond formation, it's just an experiment, with FM11 I managed Chelsea to 15 seasons and Újpest (hungarian team) for 5, so I tried a few. I've been close several times (of course I have to give time for the team to adapt), but mostly I ended up having my team playing well, not conceding many, but always missing chances by making stupid decisions.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!
I don't want to stick to that diamond formation, it's just an experiment, with FM11 I managed Chelsea to 15 seasons and Újpest (hungarian team) for 5, so I tried a few. I've been close several times (of course I have to give time for the team to adapt), but mostly I ended up having my team playing well, not conceding many, but always missing chances by making stupid decisions.

hey mate, here is the save game, I wrote on your wall with a few directions/tips etc :) let me know how it goes as I might upload the new version of the tactic I made last night for your team :) good luck!

Chelsea.fm

Hi Raikain!

Thanks a lot, I'm getting back to my comp tonight, I'm excited to try it. I'll get back to you with the result.

yeah Skrew was, I have not yet :) It was working well for him! It should work, I did try it on the demo and it worked even better in Fm12 :)

Haha, I will try it as well or maybe even your initial 4-2-3-1 for FM11 :D

Which worked immediately without significant training for about 5-6 matches. It's still a mistery to me why things went wrong after, but it must be a good tactic if an immediate success it was with a completely different team and completely different players. Ramires is not C.Ronaldo, it has to be said, even with all goodwill :D
I try Raikan's tactics now, but deep analysis is a bit postponed due to the Chelsea-Liverpool league cup match today (and a few beers which makes that harder) :D

Still experimenting, I see you set the strategy to control on the 4-5-1tac, which I found more suitable to be on counter and with a pass to space shout. First match lost 1-0, but I think I just waited for wonders. Next time I was a bit more careful to pick the players and set it on counter, pass to space and even if it was with 0 shots till the 30th min (with worse than terrible pass rate too) the team won 3-0. Including a goal, which I never seen other alike before.
A second match against man utd I was in total control using the classic possession tactic, having chances too but failed to capitalize on even one, so it finished 0-0, which is not a bad result normally, but being so dominant I should have scored.
The third is against Spurs and losing 1-0, because of poor finishing. Still shoots straight to the keeper's hands rather than passing it to a teammate in better position. This is a thing I'd be really after, and couldn't find how to make the players do so.

Last edited:
Bad news. I'm playing the team away with the 4-5-1 formation, and at home I use the 4-2-3-1 ajax formation.
Trying to stick with the same players you used in the savegame.
Having played 11 games so far it's still a struggle, it's getting worse match by match, now being beaten by Feyenoord both away and home without scoring a single goal and without creating chances makes me say more work is needed on the tactics knowing the team is now fully competent with it.
Tried your 4-2-3-1 classic tactic too, without any luck too. I'm a bit worried :D
I'm still trying, just wanted to tell you the results, I'm playing on and hope its just a slump and bad form of the team :D

I'm playing with a completely different approach now, I've started a new game, and this time I focus on keeping the players I have if they worth it, or I see some potential in them. Now 70% of my playtime is about managing tutoring, training and preferred moves. This is something I didn't focus so much before, in fact I think I completely mismanaged PPMs.
I know it's a beginner's approach, but I'm still learning. What I found out is it worths much more to have a player playing for you for a year or two than having a better player from a different culture and let him guessing where the other players are on the pitch. And it saves a lot of money too :D
So I think there was nothing wrong with your tactics, Raikan, it was about you can't have a good poacher with a PPM play with the your back to the goal :D
So now I dig myself in to your 'how to' topics for a few days/weeks and see if I can master it :D

Please working link for download this tactic pack

Last edited: