RDF tactics

Premium
Reaction score
Has anyone worked out how to finish of there CCC? I have no problem with creating them but no matter whos on the end of them, they miss, whereas the computer has no problem in finishing of there chances, which is really frustrating me now

You play which kind of tactics, shorter passing and dominate possession I'm guessing?

You play which kind of tactics, shorter passing and dominate possession I'm guessing?

Yeah shorter passing but don't dominate possession, i like to play quick and get bodies in the box, which i do, but when it gets to shooting nobody can't shoot, i have Ozil, Cazorla, Aguero and Wilshere all missing clear cuts for fun

Yeah shorter passing but don't dominate possession, i like to play quick and get bodies in the box, which i do, but when it gets to shooting nobody can't shoot, i have Ozil, Cazorla, Aguero and Wilshere all missing clear cuts for fun
Shorter passing football has always been less efficient as opposed to direct. I usually play on the counter/direct and it's way more efficient. That's the way it is in real life as well.

And also shooting has to be proper, Cazorla has shoots from distance PPM and if you're on previous database so does Aguero. Always go for more clinical strikers like Cavani or preferably someone with "Shoots with power" as many shots skips from GKs hands if players has that PPM.

For once, try playing High/Extremely high tempo, direct passing and running on defense, goals scored to CCC ratio will improve.

That's not to say you can't play possession/shorter passing football, for that to work you need proper set up. I play both, and for possession/shorter passing (high tempo, and yes It's quite similar to Arsenal in real life), for that I have quick defenders to play high line and press, apt players.

I have Hazard and Drax on either wings, Januzaj in the middle, Thiago playing on AP (attack) from CM position, and DLP playing as DM. ALL of them have "plays through balls" PPM, Also I have set my wingers to Dribble more (it's effective if they're good) and CM also makes runs. And then Mitrovic up front.

So balance it out, in "some" matches you'll feel you can't finish CCCs, but in most you will be with proper players.

The shoots from distance PPM is a ***** and destroys every chance you create, it's only helpful if player also has "Shoots with power" PPM. Also team cohesion training helps a lot as players pass to others even if they can shoot.

Shorter passing football has always been less efficient as opposed to direct. I usually play on the counter/direct and it's way more efficient. That's the way it is in real life as well.

And also shooting has to be proper, Cazorla has shoots from distance PPM and if you're on previous database so does Aguero. Always go for more clinical strikers like Cavani or preferably someone with "Shoots with power" as many shots skips from GKs hands if players has that PPM.

For once, try playing High/Extremely high tempo, direct passing and running on defense, goals scored to CCC ratio will improve.

That's not to say you can't play possession/shorter passing football, for that to work you need proper set up. I play both, and for possession/shorter passing (high tempo, and yes It's quite similar to Arsenal in real life), for that I have quick defenders to play high line and press, apt players.

I have Hazard and Drax on either wings, Januzaj in the middle, Thiago playing on AP (attack) from CM position, and DLP playing as DM. ALL of them have "plays through balls" PPM, Also I have set my wingers to Dribble more (it's effective if they're good) and CM also makes runs. And then Mitrovic up front.

So balance it out, in "some" matches you'll feel you can't finish CCCs, but in most you will be with proper players.

The shoots from distance PPM is a ***** and destroys every chance you create, it's only helpful if player also has "Shoots with power" PPM. Also team cohesion training helps a lot as players pass to others even if they can shoot.

Im going to start a new save using this advice, will get back to you on this

Did you play quick and passing into space as well? I also have problems with my defense i can never sort out whatever i do, my defenders always rush to tackle strikers and leaves a big gap, my anchor is gone missing, and even when i put close down less and stay on feet, they still do the same thing, no matter what instructions i use

Nop, I have both my CBs on defend duty but they rarely **** up. Even though they work as one covering (Doria withless aggression and more anticipation) and one stopping (Zouma, dives into tackles and goes forward), playing on defend makes a good offside trap, even though I don't use offside trap instruction because I've noticed it only works in opposite way, opposition players run on while your players raise hands.

I use a High line, Much higher Tempo, retain possession, short passing, play wider, hassle opponents and all the ones needed for shorter passing, but with much higher tempo players pass quickly, resulting in a fair few goals like you see Arsenal score. But it's mainly my "home" tactic and even at home I change tactic at half time if I feel it isn't working, more running and direct passing instead.

why the **** does it matter what tactic he is using... he just said im creating alot of chances but having problems with finishing them i fail to see how on earth that could have anything to do with the tactics... and if you tell me that tactics influences your ability to finish ccc's then im just speechless

Has anyone worked out how to finish of there CCC? I have no problem with creating them but no matter whos on the end of them, they miss, whereas the computer has no problem in finishing of there chances, which is really frustrating me now
this is the unrealistic part of the game that made me delete the game... hope that fm15 will be better

I have to admit sambolol i am getting very close to throwing my laptop up the wall, i really do hope they make signicant changes for 2015

why the **** does it matter what tactic he is using... he just said im creating alot of chances but having problems with finishing them i fail to see how on earth that could have anything to do with the tactics... and if you tell me that tactics influences your ability to finish ccc's then im just speechless

Um, yes?

The stats just say "clear cut chances", it does not at all tell about other circumstances while trying to finish the chance.

I've basically created three threads explaining this very thing.

When you dominate, play possession football, most teams tend to play with lower block, pressing in their own half with compact defence. Even wingers and Strikers defend and it's like 2 banks of defenders. Too crowded space, hence players tend to shoot with less precision and waiting, resulting in wasted chances.

Also the more crowded, the more pressure and players will look to shoot from absurd angles. There are at least 5 or 6 players of opposition in their box when you play with those tactics.

With direct football, more running, you're more likely to get 1v1 or 2v2 counters/chances which are VERY easy to finish.

Again, the stats just show CCC and mean **** nothing. I've scored 5 goals in matches where I created 2 clear cut chances.

Um, yes?

The stats just say "clear cut chances", it does not at all tell about other circumstances while trying to finish the chance.

I've basically created three threads explaining this very thing.

When you dominate, play possession football, most teams tend to play with lower block, pressing in their own half with compact defence. Even wingers and Strikers defend and it's like 2 banks of defenders. Too crowded space, hence players tend to shoot with less precision and waiting, resulting in wasted chances.

Also the more crowded, the more pressure and players will look to shoot from absurd angles. There are at least 5 or 6 players of opposition in their box when you play with those tactics.

With direct football, more running, you're more likely to get 1v1 or 2v2 counters/chances which are VERY easy to finish.

Again, the stats just show CCC and mean **** nothing. I've scored 5 goals in matches where I created 2 clear cut chances.

whether its a 1v1 or crowed box, my team don't like to score...i've also had games where i've scored 5 with 2 CCC, bought i thought players attributes would count for something, for example, i bought Huntelaar, 20 finishing 20 composure i think, and he misses clear cut chances but whats the point in having these stats if you can't finish half the chances you get, and also when i drop deeper, they have no problem in finishing there CCC

whats the link to your thread mate?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tactical-discussion]-efficient-effective.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...h-engine-other-stuff-tactical-discussion.html

These are two of my threads, admittedly these were on previous patch and ME has changed, Goalkeepers are gods in the latest patch in some games.

And I've noticed composure etc mean quite less, my players with so high composure and ball control get under pressure from a player standing some what away and pass the ball backwards whereas even if your TWO players press their one player with almost zero ball skills, they play a through ball.