davegutt0512

Reaction score
CCFC - WHILE THE SKY IS BLUE
A COVENTRY CITY STORY

View attachment 377292

In recent season things have gone from bad to worse for Coventry City resulting in being evicted form their stadium the "Ricoh Arena" at the end of the 2012/13 season and being forced to groundshare in Northampton at the Sixfields stadium.

So we start the 2013/14 season with a 10 point deduction after the club fell in to administration with a bleak outlook and an unhappy squad.

My aims for this save are simple.. restore Coventry City back to the Premier league, and hopefully moving back to Coventry in the meantime, Onwards from there who knows what could happen.........

I am fairly new to the story writing so I would really appreciate any feedback on this whatsoever and I hope it will be enjoyed... Thanks.

Pre-Season and Transfers
A positive start

View attachment 377289
I won't go into these matches into much detail however i am happy with the preseason we had picking up some positive results and we managed to rotate the entire squad building up those all important fitness levels ready for a long season with a small squad. I am happy with the way the team played and hopefully my tactics will progress nicely as we go into competitive matches.

Transfers

View attachment 377288
We only had one departure in Billy Daniels but he wanted to leave the club and I felt his lack of versatility a problem.
I am fairly happy with the players brought into the club, Signed Lopez after a trial period and my scout thinks he has the potential to be a good Premier League winger in the future, we signed Julian Gray and Olifinjana as some experienced backup players for a young, inexperienced squad. They signed on a 1 year deal and I will consider using them to tutor some of my youngsters ready for next season.

Just saw this and felt the need to mention that on my save coventry have just won the premier league and look as though they are now the dominant force in english football.

Hopefully I can go someway to replicating that, would be good to see as a lifelong City fan.

August
A slow start

View attachment 377113

View attachment 377112
Good start to the season with a comfortable win away at Crawley, Wilson was put in a fantastic performance and bagged himself 2 goals in the process.

View attachment 377110

I fielding a weakened team in this match, with putting all my concentration on the league this year and a small squad I need by players fit and firing for league games.

View attachment 377108
A fair result against a decent Bristol City team, I would say neither team really deserved any more than a point, but they will be disappointed to go away with a draw after missing a 90th minute penalty.

View attachment 377106
The less said about this match the better, we were terrible in every department and the only positive to come out of this game was Carlisle's poor finishing because it could of been a hat-full.

View attachment 377105
I can't say I am too disappointed with this result, avoiding relegation this season I think will hinge on picking up these draws against the teams fighting for promotion, it might just give us that extra bit to get over the line.

View attachment 377104
So another draw, It was a fair game and we can't have too many complaints, at least we go into september only having lost one in the league, hopefully next month we can get into a positive points figure.

League Table

View attachment 377101

Player of the month

View attachment 377099

Callum Wilson has been very good this season, 4 goals in 4 games is a good start and we will need him firing this season. Hopefully we can hold on to him, theres already interest from Wigan and Derby.