CD Keys - Legal or not?

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
It's probably legal if the company selling it has brought it legitimately. But the Blizz will prob frown on it and say you should only buy from them or a game shop like Game/Gamestop.
Regarding if its safe or not. That's depending on the site. There are safe sites out there, but it will probably be better just to buy it from Blizz, or from a shop like Game/Gamestop.

I never had to contact Steam or EA support, but Blizzard support are really helpful.

Don't ever buy from Gamestop, they're *****. They're on my list with Activision and EA.

well, after having a browse...think I'm more inclined to be safe. Though the Blizz site says it's basically, not against their policy to buy the key from other retailers (but obviously don't buy from non-retailers), I've not really seen enough favourable reviews of various sites that say it's worth the risk tbh. Will probably get it from Game or do it via the Blizz store itself.

The problem with wow is the huge hacking problem that the game surrounds itself with, so if a scammer can set up a scam they try EVERYTHING including game keys for expansions so just be carefull if you get it from a 3rd party source, hackers last year even set up a fake wow armory on a google sponserd link in order to dupe people,good wow acounts are worth big bucks to gold sellers and acount sellers, i played wow hardcore for 5 years and valued my acount with similer ones on ebay and i would expect to get no less than £200-300 for it.

So in my opinion buy it from blizzard or game or ofcourse similer retailers.Offtopic the game for me was the worst out of all the wow expansions and not worth the money for a new player its nice since the old areas got a massive update so its like playing a modern mmorpg now but endgame is as boring and unbalanced as it ever was if not worse.

Bring on diablo 3 for me !

Back