CD scratched, what do I do now?

Grobbelaar

Reaction score
'lo fellas. Been at this wonderful game for a couple of weeks now, but now I'm in ***** creek.... The cd has stopped work (nasty scratch).

I didn't install steam when I installed it - and from what I've gathered I would been able to run the game without the CD, had I only installed it at the first time of asking.

So what should I do? Is there even any way to repair a broken disc? Is there any way to install steam afterwards? What on earth is steam any way?

Heeelp :'(

'lo fellas. Been at this wonderful game for a couple of weeks now, but now I'm in ***** creek.... The cd has stopped work (nasty scratch).

I didn't install steam when I installed it - and from what I've gathered I would been able to run the game without the CD, had I only installed it at the first time of asking.

So what should I do? Is there even any way to repair a broken disc? Is there any way to install steam afterwards? What on earth is steam any way?

Heeelp :'(

buy a new disc next time load it up on steam you dont ever need the disc.

if you look in your case there will be a steam code use that

Blockbusters have a disc repair service (well mine does anyway) only costs a couple of quid.

It's not the easiest thing in the world to find a blockbuster in Stockholm.... :)

I can't speak enough of how amazing this place is. Always help when you need it.

Game have a disc repair service, costs like £1 or just use the code on the back of your manual.

It's not the easiest thing in the world to find a blockbuster in Stockholm.... :)

I can't speak enough of how amazing this place is. Always help when you need it.

Find someone that can lend you a copy to install, or rent one from somewhere, and use your Steam code to register.

There are some places in Liverpool that use a laser to repair a scratched disk, see if there's one in Stockholm but try game first I'd say

this is no lie my brother smothers the shiny bit in toothpaste leaves it for a few minutes and when washes it off under cold water.

this is no lie my brother smothers the shiny bit in toothpaste leaves it for a few minutes and when washes it off under cold water.

Yeah, you can use Bicarbonate of Soda, also Wine Vinegar, but I prefer just going to the shop, and getting it done properly

pretty sure i saw a disc repair kit from JML on TV the other day

download steam by typing steam in google and choosing the top link. When downloaded and installed (it takes a while with a few updates) go to the 'games library' tab and there should be a button near the bottom left called 'register a product on steam'. click here and type in your FM code and it should start downloading. Be patient and it will install. Maybe uninstall your current FM folder to make sure there arent any issues with it being installed twice.