Cech rues latest Chelsea slip-up

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea keeper Petr Cech concedes a point is not enough in their quest to win the title despite a last-minute penalty save salvages a draw at Fulham.

More...

Very good Petr Cech..but im afraid you team's title challenge is all but over

We played excellently again with no finish. It will come, lets not forget we have made massive changes which normally clubs only do in the summer. Difference is when you do business in the summer you have time to get it right before the season starts but we dont now. I predict Torres will score next week in Kobenhaven in the competition he loves and deserves to be in. He will get a rest at the weekend as he is cup tired so it gives him a full weeks training. He looked lively last night, he got in great positions but was just snatching at his chances.

David Luiz was sensational, one of the best debuts i have ever seen let alone at Chelsea. Easily the best debut at Chelsea since either Arjen Robben or even Mario Stanic. The lad looks excellent and i cant wait to see him again, could easily become one of the best defenders in the world.

Luiz put in a man of the match performace last night, despite the foolish challenge at the end which Cech saved him from embarassment. He won't become one of the best defenders in the world, he is one of the best defenders in the world.

Was very impressed with David Luiz. He has excellent ability to read the game like Ricky. But what i observed is, he tries too much, for instance he read the situation well, intercepted in the chelsea's penalty area, then dried to dribble past player and lost it. On some other day it would have costed his team.

I'm sure that comes with experience and he is very composed. His passing is very good. Looks like 20 Million well spent. His pass to Torres towards the end of the first half was class.

On the other hand Torres had a miserable night. Had so many chances and his first touch was like tackle. His confidence was shot into pieces and the first half fluff was the clear indication of that.

I was very impressed with David Luiz last night. However he is the kind of CB who loves to bomb forward, even more so than Ricky C. And IMO, this could leave Terry 'terry'bly (If you pardon the pun) exposed.

Only time will tell though, but I was impressed with him yesterday.

I was very impressed with David Luiz last night. However he is the kind of CB who loves to bomb forward, even more so than Ricky C. And IMO, this could leave Terry 'terry'bly (If you pardon the pun) exposed.

Only time will tell though, but I was impressed with him yesterday.

Punderful lol. In the long run it could be ok especially if Bruma comes good, he has bags of pace so he could cover.

I dont think we were ever in the title race after losing to Pool, ill be happy with top 4 now which says it all!