wr1097

Reaction score
Meet Celso!

My name is Hugo Valerio Serafim Abreu...but you can call me Celso. I just signed on for Brazilian club Madureira, in my hometown of Rio de Janeiro. I hope to be able to bring success to this club and further my career. My dream is to one day be known as one of the best defenders in the world. Wish me luck!

View attachment 244753

I play mainly as a centre-half, although I believe I can also be deployed as a right-back. Ultimately, I will play wherever my manager tells me to.

View attachment 244749

At the time of writing, I have already played 20 minutes in my first game. Although my debut went unnoticed and didn't really go too well, I feel confident about the future.

End of Season 1

It was a developmental season for myself, moving between the first team and the reserves. I put in a few below average shifts in defence, but I think it's more due to my inexperience.

View attachment 244704

View attachment 244703

The club itself didn't do too badly, finishing near the top in both the league and the State championship but not really threatening to do any serious damage.

I did have to miss the end of the season with a groin strain, but I look forward to continuing my development at the club.

Season 2

My second year in football started with a handful of appearances in the State Championship. We didn't improve on last year's performance, but we didn't do too badly either, given the quality of the teams above us.

It was in the middle of May when my agent gave me a call. He'd received offers from both Vitoria and Avai, clubs in the division above Madureira. However, he was also seeing interest from a few clubs in Ukraine.

View attachment 243955

I could not believe this! As a 17 year old, I was already being forced to take a decision which would shape the future of my career. My agent and I sat down with my family, and we decided that it would be best for me if I were to move up a division and play for Vitoria; instead of waiting for an offer from Ukraine.

View attachment 243954

And that's exactly what I did. A week later, I'd packed my bags and was ready for the next step in my career. The local papers were already labeling me as a promising centre-half following my move to the 2nd division club based in Salvador.

Here I stand, ready to make a name for myself.

View attachment 243953

Nice move after just 12 appearances, with any luck its onwards & upwards from here!

Vitoria are a good club for cb's hopefully you'll be added to the list

End of Season 2

View attachment 243733

Well, there you have it. I knew I obviously wasn't good enough to break into the first-team yet, so I worked hard in the reserves to show I deserved a place in the team even at this young age. Vitoria gave me a shot at the very end, after the title had been secured. I do hope to get more first-team minutes next season.

A couple of clubs did come around asking to take me on loan but the club felt it would be best if I developed under their own staff. They'd asked one of the senior players - Ricardo Martins, although we call him Kadu - to tutor me. It's been a good experience, to say the least.

View attachment 243732

Midway through the season, my agent - Drailton Pereira - told me he'd be bidding for a 20% stake in me. This would allow us to have greater power in any future transfers or contracts that I sign.

View attachment 243731

So there you have it. I'm ready for my third season in football. With more and more people in Brazil hearing my name, I'm confident I can step up and deliver.

Seem to be developing nicely, only a matter of time before you break through. Even better you don't seem to have caught the injury bug!!!!!

Seem to be developing nicely, only a matter of time before you break through. Even better you don't seem to have caught the injury bug!!!!!

There were a couple of minor injuries - 2 weeks each, I think - but they didn't really affect my playing time, so I must have completely forgot about them!

Sorry for not updating for a while...it takes time to sim a season, especially when nothing important seems to be happening

Season 3

View attachment 242713

This season was not good for my development. Although we won the Campeonato do Nordeste, we were relegated from the top flight. I did not get much in terms of first-team minutes, and I was also placed on a few times, although there was little to no interest in my services.

The good news is I remain relatively injury free and readily available for the reserves.

View attachment 242712

Here's a look at the milestones in my career so far (not much at all):

View attachment 242711

Yet Another Move

Just as my 19th birthday was getting closer, a big club came in with a substantial offer for my services. That big club was Flamengo. Although Vitoria offered to extend my contract, I decided to go ahead and sign with Flamengo.

View attachment 242231

It was a move back to Rio and a chance to play in the famous Maracana stadium. How could I possibly reject the offer? Of course, I might possibly have to play for the reserves a while longer....

A Flamengo Debut

View attachment 242187

I only had to wait 2 months for my first ever game for the club. Granted, it was a State Championship game against a lower league team, but it was a special moment for me.

The manager told me I'd played very well and it had certainly increased my chances of getting picked.

View attachment 242185

I did not feel moving on loan to ABC would help my future prospects. Little did I know I would be in for a treat soon...