Celtic- Can I be the best club in the Europe?

hadyncity

Reaction score
View attachment 273440
Can I be the best club in Europe?

Everyone knows that with Rangers being in the Scottish Championship, the Scottish Premiership will belong to Celtic and they will win the title for many seasons, and have done this season. The real question is; When can Celtic become a good club in Europe?

This story will be me trying to get Celtic a dominate force in Europe and hopefully win the Champions League. I'm hoping to win the Champions League within 6-7 seasons, which should be a good target knowing I should win the league every season.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 273425

HADYN CURRY JOINS CELTIC

Hadyn Curry joins Celtic and has replaced Norwegian manager Ronny Delia.

Background
View attachment 273401
Like Rangers, they both have won many trophies and their trophy cabinet must be full! Hopefully I can add to it!
Squad
View attachment 273421
View attachment 273420

A very strong squad that should win the title quite easily. Craig Gordon is a very good goalkeeper for this level and I may need one to back him up if he gets injured. Our defence is very strong as well, Virgil Van Dijk is our key defender, and I will try my best to keep him. Scott Brown is our best midfielder and the best player in our squad. Stefan Scepovic is our best forward with John Guidetti also very good.

Craig Gordon
View attachment 273412
A fantastic goalkeeper that should keep many clean sheets.

Virgil Van Dijk
View attachment 273411
A superb CB that will be vital in getting clean sheets.
Scott Brown
View attachment 273408
Shame he's injured for the length that he is, so a new CM will be vital in the transfer window.
Stefan Scepovic
View attachment 273404
This striker will score goals and help us win the league and hopefully cups.

Looking at the squad I will be bringing in a young goalkeeper to backup Craig Gordon and some more defenders. I will also be bringing in at least 2 CM's that will be hopefully youngsters and will not need any strikers or wingers as the squad is strong in that area with players who have got great potential.

I'm not 100% sure on a tactic yet, and it's most likely going to be a 4-2-3-1 which I've downloaded off the Steam Workshop and it's worked for me in other saves on FM15.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Update:

Pre-Season
Transfers
Champions League Qualification

Hope people will support me and follow this story!

Take a look at this youngster for your midfield

View attachment 273379

Haven't managed to win the Champions League with Celtic in this years FM. Best I've managed is the QF. Good luck mate

View attachment 273167

This is the second update of my story with
Celtic where I try and make them the best club in Europe!

Pre-Season

View attachment 273166

A nice little win over the Under 20's which was expected.

View attachment 273165

A disappointing defeat here, but I wasn't worried as it's only matches for fitness improvements.

View attachment 273164

A match that we are expected to win, and we did comfortably.

View attachment 273163

Should have won by more goals in this game but a clean sheet is always a positive.

View attachment 273162

Our hardest pre-season game but we had chances to win the game.

Overall in pre-season I am satisfied with the results, only the one defeat and one draw with three wins which is good. However we will be playing slightly better teams but wins in pre-season gets the morale high in the squad.

Champions League Qualifiers

In order for us to qualify for the group stages we have to go through three rounds. The rounds we have to compete in is; Champions League Qualification round 2, Champions League Qualification round 3 and Champions League Play-off.

Champions League Qualification Round 2

HB 1-3 Celtic (1st Leg)

View attachment 273161View attachment 273160

A match I was expected to win. And the statistics showed our control... 42 SHOTS!

Celtic 6-0 HB (2nd Leg) 9-1 Agg

View attachment 273159View attachment 273158

Outstanding. The only word to describe the performance. We should be beating these teams comfortably but the team performance was class. Again we have 42 shots, with 18 on target... Imagine if we had a game where we score every chance!

Champions League Qualification Round 3

Celtic 2-1 AaB (1st Leg)

View attachment 273157

An average performance but we held on in the second half to make sure we didn't concede another away goal. Izaguirre scored a goal from the touchline.

Aab 0-2 Celtic (2nd Leg) 1-4 Agg

View attachment 273148

A professional away performance. We defended superbly however didn't create many chances. Nice to see academy player Aidan Nesbitt score.

Champions League Play-off

View attachment 273156

We have been drawn with Legia Warsaw the team which Celtic actually faced in real life, when Legia fielded an ineligible player which handed Celtic back into the Champions League. Let's hope that if I get knocked out that happens on FM
;)

Transfers

View attachment 273154

I have only managed to sign one player so far, and that was 22 year old Danny Wilson from Hearts for 1.1 million. He is a CB which gives me enough cover in that area, and also means Charlie Mulgrew can play more in Midfield if needed.

View attachment 273153View attachment 273152

The only major out was Derk Boerrigter moving to ESTAC Troyes for 325k. He wasn't going to be used in my squad so it was best for him to move on. Five players have gone out on loan to get first team experience.

View attachment 273151View attachment 273149

Next Update:

August Review
Transfer Window Shuts!

As a Jambo I'm already resigned to seeing Wilson leave for Celtic in real life this summer so it's nice to see a Football Manager story keep up with that haha!

More to the point, best of luck with this. I hope you can keep it up.

View attachment 272598

This is the third update of my story with Celtic where I try and make them the best club in Europe!

August Review:

Scottish Premiership

Celtic 4-1 Partick Thistle

View attachment 272593

A comfortable home win against Glasgow rivals.We controlled the match but poor defending for their goal. Another academy player scoring (Calvin Miller).

St. Johnstone 0-4 Celtic

View attachment 272592

A dominant performance from the team. We controlled the game and scored goals as well. St. Johnstone didn't threat us at all.

Celtic 2-0 Dundee United

View attachment 272590

A very good performance considering they are probably the second best team in this division.

Inverness CT 1-2 Celtic

View attachment 272586
Not the best performance but we got the job done. Inverness defended very well and kept us to having long shots. We will need to thank Kris Commons for his two goals as he was the only one who was a threat.

Dundee 0-3 Celtic

View attachment 272585
Dundee was very poor and we controlled the game from start to finish. This game was played on my birthday, so it was great finish to the month with 5 wins out of 5.

A great start to the season as we top the table. I got manager of the month, with Griffiths getting player of the month.

View attachment 272582

Champions League Play-Off

We had Legia Warsaw in the Play-Off with a chance of getting in the group stages of the champions league.

Celtic 4-0 Legia

View attachment 272579

Superb performance and the scoreline reflected that.

Legia 0-2 Celtic (0-6 Agg)

View attachment 272578

Into the group stages in a very comfortable fashion. I thought Legia would defend better in this second leg and they did, but were no threat going forward.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE DRAW

We was seeded in the fourth pot for the draw, so we was going to get a big team no matter what.

View attachment 272576View attachment 272575

Probably the worst draw we could have got. Barca and Man City are very top sides, and Galatasaray will be very tough as well. We need a miracle if we are going to get through, so coming third and getting into Europa League is our target.

Transfers

Ins

Nick Powell (Loan)

View attachment 272574View attachment 272572

Paulo Gazzaniga (Free)

View attachment 272571View attachment 272570

Both players have come to be backup players. Nick Powell will play first team football a lot if we get injuries as we don't have much options in the CM area.

Outs

Not many outs, all of them loan players going to get first team experience.

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round Draw

View attachment 272565

We have been drawn away to Scottish League 2 side Arbroath and I will be fielding some youth players in this game. We should win it comfortably.

Next Update:

September Review

View attachment 272216

This is the fourth update where I try and get Celtic to be the best club in Europe!

September Review

Scottish Premiership

Celtic 3-2 Aberdeen

View attachment 272213

A very entertaining game which Aberdeen deserved to get a draw out of, but I will take the win. A good way to start a difficult month.

Celtic 3-0 Motherwell

View attachment 272209

An easy win against the team at the bottom of the league.

St. Mirren 0-4 Celtic

View attachment 272208

A dominate win and kept our 100% record in the league. Stefan Johansen goal got Goal Of The Month.

Another month where we win all of our games. Stefan Johansen also got Player Of The month, and for the second month running I was awarded Manager Of The Month.

Champions League Group Stage

Barcelona 1-0 Celtic

View attachment 272204

We was very lucky to only concede one. They dominated the game which I was expecting but the defence played superb. The goal was a tap in from a corner.

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round

Arbroath 0-2 Celtic

View attachment 272202

I made eleven changes for this game and it could of backfired but we was the better team and we was clinical, which helped win the game. We have been drawn away to Inverness in the next round.

A good month overall, only the one defeat but it was expected. A big month in the Champions League coming up with games at home to Man City and away to Galatasaray.

Next Update:

October review