LgsLord32

Reaction score
So i just joined celtic in their second season from juventus and all their players are old and unhappy i need to off load a few and get a few new players in maybe some on loan?

I am in my second season with Celtic too, and allmost everyone from the team you show is gone. Just sell them or loan with option to buy. Though keep the scottish players, especially Scott Brown.

Btw. Off topic, what the name on your skin?

I am in my second season with Celtic too, and allmost everyone from the team you show is gone. Just sell them or loan with option to buy. Though keep the scottish players, especially Scott Brown.

Btw. Off topic, what the name on your skin?

Ah ok, im going to try and get a few arsenal and man u youngsters on loan and i think im using the 'Perfecto' Skin got it on here

Off the bat, you'll need a good keeper. I'd suggest Enyeama, but chances are he's already out of reach.
Defence is another big one, Majstorovic is getting old so look out for agents offering you good young Central defenders to play along side Loovens.
Midfield is good enough, Brown and Ledley play well with each other, maybe play Ki in DMC with Maloney AMC?
Striking is a surprise. Hooper has a good few years in him and so does Stokes, but give Samaras a game or two from time to time.

As for Youngsters, don't touch Atajic or Spence, both of whom will become good SPL players given the right playing time. If you see dead wood, ship them out [especially Cha Du Ri]

Off the bat, you'll need a good keeper. I'd suggest Enyeama, but chances are he's already out of reach.
Defence is another big one, Majstorovic is getting old so look out for agents offering you good young Central defenders to play along side Loovens.
Midfield is good enough, Brown and Ledley play well with each other, maybe play Ki in DMC with Maloney AMC?
Striking is a surprise. Hooper has a good few years in him and so does Stokes, but give Samaras a game or two from time to time.

As for Youngsters, don't touch Atajic or Spence, both of whom will become good SPL players given the right playing time. If you see dead wood, ship them out [especially Cha Du Ri]

Cheers always good to get a view from a eltic suporter as i know nothing of you club :P only took the job as i thought you still had Nakamura and McGeady

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

what defender should i look at?

Go for a good scottish defender like Berra or Danny Wilson

Mark Reynolds is also a great defender to sign. I Agree with above with berra aswell, I Signed Gibson from hamilton for rangers in my i think he is a good player also Lee Wallace from Hearts on the left is a good scottish LB.

Go for a good scottish defender like Berra or Danny Wilson
Agreed with Berra, not sure about Danny though since his favourite club is Rangers.

If you don't want to go Scottish though, then Roland Juhász is definetly one to look at, great defender for the SPL. :)

I Dont agree with wilson either, yes he is a great scottish centre back, but as you said hes a rangers man plus he is at liverpool and in my games plays a lot of games so would be very difficult to sign him i beleive

u should offload player that is old and not worthy....
like cha du ri, since u got lot of right back...
paul mcgowan, darren odea..
and u should search for centerback, cause it seem u have limited centerback.....
try use search player and filter for cb...
try kvystov, if available...

I'm sure i heard Danny Wilson was actually a Celtic fan, not sure though.

On topic agree with most of the above and maybe try and get some loan's from top premiership clubs maybe even with an option to buy if you have the money.

Get rid of loovens and samaras , buy demerit , lukaku , assulin and ivan ramis

I'm sure i heard Danny Wilson was actually a Celtic fan, not sure though.

On topic agree with most of the above and maybe try and get some loan's from top premiership clubs maybe even with an option to buy if you have the money.

A friend of mine knows him, he's a Tim:wub:

He still isn't going to leave liverpool for celtic though :P Scott Brown is also a Rangers man, Think Kev Thomp is a Celtic Man too lol think we got the best deal though.

He still isn't going to leave liverpool for celtic though :P Scott Brown is also a Rangers man, Think Kev Thomp is a Celtic Man too lol think we got the best deal though.

Dinny ken about Thomson, but I'm pretty sure Broonie's a Hun, aye.

Am sure browns got a rangers tattoo on his leg lol the mad **** he is haha

I've played four seasons (2 separate saves with 2 seasons each). Here are the players worth keeping:
Ledley
Mulgrew
Hooiveld
Ki Sung-Yong
Kayal
Samaras
Hooper
Stokes
Juarez
McCourt
Maloney
Hinkel

Ledley - decent midfielder with pretty good all round stats. he's already above standard for the league. I play a 4-5-1 with 2 MC and 2 AM. Ledley occasionally score the winning goal I need.

Mulgrew - the fact that he can play so many positions makes him valuable. He also has high free kick and corner kicks. When he's on the pitch I always let him take corners. When I score a goal from set pieces it's usually because of him.

Hooiveld - great heading/jumping. He's a lethal combination with Mulgrew or anyone with good corner kicks. Have him near post or far post with kicks aimed at his position. From what I've seen he's also good at scoring in the box from loose balls.

Ki Sung-Yong - only useful if you're going to to play a DMC, in general Kayal is better than him but Kayal's stamina is low. Also, I've noticed that against certain teams (don't remember which, I sold this guy pretty fast), Ki Sung-Yong is better than Kayal.

Samaras - good targetman striker in combination with a deep-lying striker or poacher. You can also play him as a single forward as I did in a 4-5-1. Later on if you decide to play wingers, he's a decent backup left winger (I play inside forwards instead of wingers since I like to play narrower).

Hooper & Stokes - In terms of performance Hooper and Samaras are on par. Stokes is just like Samaras but he can be used as a right winger but not a great one though.

Juarez - He's lacking in some stats but I personally believe mental attributes can be more important the the regular attributes. The great thing is that they keep going up too. He can be a decent playmaker. Juarez and Ledley are dangerous with long shots.

McCourt & Maloney - McCourt & Maloney make good AMR/L, McCourt as the seasons go by will have really good crossing stat. I have a transfer budget of 40M for celtic now and I don't find it necessary to find a replacement for McCourt. Maloney you should sell later on and get someone with better stats. Maloney pulls through sometimes mainly because of his decent mental stats and okay long shot.

Hinkel - He will want to leave, probably keep him at most 1-2 seasons before he asks for transfer. Nothing you can do about it.

Hope this helps, it's not the most detailed but it's just things I've noticed (I've only played Celtics since FM2010)

well im in my second season as celtic manager won the treble first season. and i got rid of all most everyone from lennons team in january, and with the players i brought in i got to the semi finals of europa league. i went for a closer to home team by bringing in alot of scottish and irish players. darren o'dea is a good centre back and i would also recommend lee wallace. defo keep stokes, hooper, ledley,maloney and brown. for my goalkeeper i signed Keiran Westwood(i know he isnt great but he turned alot of good performances) and i would try and get Silviu Lung Jr.

Back