Celtic FC - Not even Messi can Messi with Us (Part 2)

PRE-SEASON

So here we are, the start of our second season, in the challenge. To re-cap, the idea is to win the Champions League within 5 years with my beloved Celtic. Domestically, the only reality of keeping happiness in the board room is to collect all three trophies, The SPL title, |Scottish Cup ad the League Cup. But CL is the main aim, so squads will be rested if need be in the run up to the European games. After last seasons (overachievement) in the CL we have to aim to do one better than the Quater final we had reached. With the squad we had last season, we really ended up looking like we wouldn't make it off the bottom of the group, let alone beating Chelasea in the first KO stage. And i am very confident this season that we can give Europe a massive push. With the players i have brought in teams need to be wary. Also this season the board have given me ?10m to spend compared to the ?2m the year before. Which combined with our move up the european club ladder, bigger names are starting to listen to us call them. I will reveal all names that have been aquired below.

So Landry N'Guemo was the first signing, completing contract negotiations back in January. A player i fondly remember from a few years ago. Absolute rock he was for the club, unfortunelty we didnt meet the valuation that was wanted for him??? around 1.8m if i can remember correctly (if wrong please correct me). The idea being that he would be good cover for Broony and Joe Ledley in the Centre of the midfield. But then July came along, and the scout filtered out players for me...... So i ended up trying to stop myself from signing the bigger names, which funnily enough all were playing in the CM position. I have to say, for a club like Celtic, all of those signings make me excited. I don't think N'guemo will get much playing time tho. So may have to look at loaning him out in January. Would be interested to hear you guys thoughts on the people brought in and the people that had to leave.

RESULTS

Celtic 4-3
FC Bayern
(Flamini, Ince, Bangura 2)

Celtic 3-2
Petrolul
(OG, Balde, Vydra)

Celtic 2-1
A.C Milan
(Vydra, Brown)

FC Inter 0-1 Celtic (CL 2nd Q)
(Vydra)

Celtic 2-1
FC Inter (CL 2nd Q)
(Vydra, Ambrose)

Partizan Belgrade 1-3 Celtic (CL Champ Q 1st)
(Van Dijk, Gauld, Boerrigter)

So here we are the first game of the league campaign upon us. I'm still looking to add another few bodies, for the CL season, and we still have ?5m in the bank to help with that. Ideally would like a new LB as I don't think Izaguirre is the man for me. I know he won the award for player of the Season, but i was shocked to see that. He never really stood out all season, and this is a position that, with a good bit of scouting, we could encounter a gem.

HAIL, HAIL

Big mistake by getting rid of Franco Zucchini. This player becomes a beast in a year or two :face palm:

Big mistake by getting rid of Franco Zucchini. This player becomes a beast in a year or two :face palm:

To be honest, he wansn't getting in my first 11....And the games he did play were average at best. So thought was best to cash in after i brought Nainggolan in.

Only just over a season in but van Dijk has been pretty amazing. Stand out season in the first. Not sure how his stats now compare to the beginning. Made his international debut on 31/05/2014. Himself and Ambrose, who had a season average of 7.75 in the first, are pretty solid at the back. Most trouble comes from the wide areas with some defenders not tracking back.

So after another long layoff, i managed to pick the save back up and get into it again. Although i have gone thru a whole season without posting i shall continue from the start of the 2015-2016 season... A quick cap on my previous season... Managed to do the domestic treble, got knocked out of CL in the last qualifying round to Partizan Belgrade, so found myself in the Channel 5 cup.. Where i easily qualified for ko stages after gaining 18 points out of 18.. Over 2 legs managed to beat AS Monaco, then got drawn against a ***** Man Utd squad, who unfortunetly knocked me out. I did manage however to add some great youngsters to my squad of which i will provide in the screen shot below. Also i will add this seasons signings and my lineup for the upcoming season.. Regular posts will commence at the end of September.

Last edited: