Celtic jerseys are not for second best........

Oh I see I thought the monkey had actually gone for a second.

'mon the hoops ;)
I'll be following this :)

Part 1 : A football manager

Part1 : A football manager

Monday 5th September 2011

"Hello"

"Hi Adam, it's Ian Bankier here. How are you"
"Not bad Mr Bankier, yourself"
"Not so bad, thanks for asking. Anyway, let me get to the point, after what has happened with Neil and also my recent arrival we are asking all ofthe staff to come to the stadium after training tommorow."
"Yeah, sure Mr Bankier, what time."
"4pm,and one more thing"
"Yes"
"Call me Ian."
"I'll be sure to do that. Thanks anyway, I'll see you tommorow at 4"
"See you then"

Tuesday 6th September2011

After a good session with the under 19 lads, I went for a quick bite to eat before heading to the stadium. I drove to the stadium parked up and headed in. I was a little early and I waited in the reception of the stadium before me and the other coaching staff headed in. I satdownbeside John Park, head of youth development and effectively my boss. Mr Bankier entered closely followed by Dermot Desmond, the main share holder of the club.

View attachment 208791

Afternoon” Mr Bankier said
Mr Desmond echoed this and Mr Bankier began.
“The first thing on the agenda is changes being made at board level. Obviously Neil will move into a Director of Football role but what you will not have heard is that Mr Lawwell has decided to step down as Chief Executive due to his opposition of the new system. We have decided on a change to a club membership system where one member can only haveone vote and that includes anyone from Me or Dermot to average Joe Celtic supporter. We have had around 100,000 people registering interest and we believe that this means we can get 75,000 members at 160 pounds per year. This will generate around £12 million per year.There is also a deal about to be signed for the set-up of a new "SPL TV" channel which could generate between £12m and £17m peryear. I think you will all agree that these are both going to bepositive for the club looking forward."

"Now, I'll preceded to the next matter. Myself, Dermot, Neil and the other board members have had lengthy discussions about the vacant managers job. We have received quite a few applications but would also like to offer any of the current staff an interview if they wish to apply. Are there any of you wishing to make an application."

Without a moments thought I raised my hand. Johan Mjallby and Alan Thompson did the same. Mr Bankier took note of this and then continued.

"Our interviews will be carried out between tomorrow and Friday. I'll put you in for Friday at 3pm Alan, 4pm for you Adam and 5pm for Johan, is that okay."
Yes we all replied.
"Until then I'd like you three to take first team training. Each one of you will take control for one day and your sessions there into consideration when making a decision on your applications. Is all of that okay with you guys."
Again we all replied yes. "In that case that will be all."

As I left I considered everything that happened in the meeting. The newfinancial input could only be a good thing and as for the job, well it was worth a shot. As for Mr Desmond, this was my first lengthyencounter with him and I noted how quiet he was but how his presence could still be felt so strongly.

Saturday 10th September

I sat in my study reading up on the days football action from the dayand watching TV. A friend of mine had won a prize at his work for two hospitality tickets at the Etihad Stadium to see Manchester City andWigan. The quality City had was unbeliveable. To be able to have Dzeko, Nasri and Balotelli on the bench and still win 3-0 is simply brilliant. I just finished watching the highlights on "Match of the Day" and was about to head for bed when the phone rang. Who could be calling after 11 o'clock at night.

"Hello"
"Hi, is that Adam McCarthy"
"Speaking"
"It's Dermot Desmond. The board and I, after some long deliberation have decided that we would like to offer you the job as manager of the first team. We were very impressed by your presentation and the players said that your session was both educating
and enjoyable which we thought to be vital.
"Well......I'm not really sure what to say, Thank You I suppose."
"I'll take that as ayes then"
"Absolutely"
"Great, well in that case could you come in to the stadium for about 10 o'clock tomorrow morning to get the formalities out of the way and do a press conference.
"Sounds great, I'll see you then Mr Desmond"
"Goodbye"

I couldn't believe it. I applied in hope more than expectation and had already decided in my mind that I could just take out the feedback that I got and try to apply it to future job applications but to get the job was simply unbelievable.

I really like the layout and the writing is pretty good aswell. Keep going!

Part 2 : Signed, Sealed and Questioned

I woke around 8:30am. I had hardly slept a wink but that was mainly down to excitement. I had some breakfast and then went to get ready. My best suit was chosen and once ready, I headed for the door. As I drove to the stadium, I listened to the radio and heard speculation over who would be the new Celtic Manager. I had a little chuckle to myself with the thought of, if only they knew. It was however, just then that it hit me, I would be Celtic Manager. I would be in charge of one of the worlds greatest football clubs. I would be under the pressure of bringing success to one of the worlds most expectant sets of fans. I felt a little sick. But then I began to think clearly again. It would be my aim to turn one of the greatest football clubs in the world, into one of the greatest football teams in the world. It would be my aim to bring success to those expectant fans. No sooner had I began to think of how I would do this than I arrived at the stadium.

I entered the door of the reception and was immediately greeted by the Chairman. He took me into the boardroom where Dermot Desmond and 3 other board members were waiting. Ian introduced me to them and then we got into contract talks.

"We'd like to offer you a two year contract worth £5,000 per week"
"Ok, well I'd like a little more than that, around £10,000"
"Well I think you'll appreciate that we can't pay that for someone with your level of experience, how about £7,000"
"You have yourself a deal Mr Bankier"

View attachment 208888

I would have settled for the £5,000 but I wasn't going to tell them that. Once that was out the way I was taken for a tour of the stadium. I was fairly familiar with the place already but there was no harm in making sure. Ian told me that they had called a press conference for 1pm to announce my appointment. We had lunch in one of the hospitality sections of the stadium and then headed down to the press room.

View attachment 208889

"Adam, how does it feel to be Celtic Manager"
"It feels very good, I'm very pleased that the board have chosen me for the position"
"What will your main aims be this season"
"Well obviously the main aim will be to take back our league title from Rangers"
"What is your assesment of the squad and coaching staff"
"Well I'll have a good think about both, and there will definitely be at least a few changes"
"How far do you think you can take this club"

"For me, the sky is the limit"

Mr Bankier then said that there was no more work to be done today and that I could go home. As I was leaving, my laptop was handed back to me with videos and coach reports of all the senior players. I went home and must have spent the best part of 10 hours deciding on who from the squad would make the cut, and who would leave.

Good luck as much as I hope your career at Celtic is a fail :p I hope your story goes well Keep up the good work.

Part 3 : Assessment

Part 3 : Assessment

Monday 12th September 2011

I had decided that I would give the players 10 days to show me what they could do. As I drove to training I was still considering what I would do with the squad, where signings were needed and and who we didn't need. I pulled into the training ground and parked up. I was there well ahead of the players and one of the staff showed me to my office. It was quite something.

Johan and Alan arrived around 15 minutes later. We talked about the current squad, how strong we were in each position and so on. I had a fair idea on players. I had seen quite a few games and some training when some of the under 19 lads had been training with the first team. They went out and prepared for training. By 10am the players were out and ready to start. I headed out to talk to them.

"Morning lads."
A course of "Morning gaffer." rang around.
"Obviously the next few months will all be about preparing for the season ahead. My plan is to have a squad prepared for January. Now we will train this week and then you are back on holiday until mid November which should give us around 6 weeks before pre-season really starts. We really want to be getting into playing our best stuff at the very start of the season as opposed to a month or two in."

The rest of the week went by without much event. I arranged to meet each of the players one by one on the Saturday and Sunday to talk about their future. Weather I saw them as a first teamer, a squad player or if they didn't have a future at the club at all.

Keep going it is a great story and great read Hail Hail

Nice work, I love the way you have changed made some realistic changes that where/are close to being implemented irl (which I am assuming you will make in the editor?)

However I think you need to proof read your posts more as there is often grammatical errors, spaces missing etc.
Also I think the quote you are looking for in the title is "The Celtic jersey does not shrink to fit inferior players"?

Other than that KIU, I enjoyed reading that.​

Thanks for the comments

oh and btw the quote is "Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they do not shrink to fit inferior players"