kenmitch1

Reaction score
Been playing with my favourite team celtic but cant seem to settle on one particular tactic. Anyone out there had a successful celtic save what tactics did you use, what players did you sign etc

Haven't been Celtic myself but in Tierney (Complete Wing Back), Ajer (Deep Lying Playmaker) and Dembele (Advanced Forward) I have signed these 3 players and they're a key part in challenging for titles with Liverpool so they're a good solid base to build a team on.

Probably a 4-2-3-1 suits the players they have available to them and because of the league you should be looking to dominate every team so Control/Attacking would be a good style.

In terms of signings, I would probably just sign the best Scottish players available and maybe try pick off some young talent from elsewhere. Players like Dozzell (€2m) and Nydam (€675k) from Ipswich can be moulded into great midfielders and Upamecano (€2.4m) from RB Salzburg is a great signing. Also try Glenn Middleton (€875k) from Norwich as a good winger and Scottish and I have found Danny Loader (€500k) from Reading to be developing into a great Advanced Forward. But I know nothing about their budget but given the dominance they have in the league I'm sure you could sell all your high earners and replace them with young talent to gain a healthy budget.

i am using an attacking 442 with them. Doesn't fit players perfectly. Main problem being too many midfielders in the squad. But Griffiths and Dembele scoring for fun. Retrained Scot Sinclair as a poacher.

Using the 1999 Man Utd template. One attacking winger, one supporting wide midfielder. Commons, christie great as wide midfielders. Roberts brilliant winger.

I needed to buy right footed right wingers/wide midfielders. Most of the squad are left footed.

Lewis Morgan and Jason Cummins good Scottish signings.

In europe i play counter, but still high tempo, play wider,get stuck in. (be careful of scot brown)

I also used a 32221 formation using a Libero........... Less said about that experiment the better.

I'm using a 3322 tactic i got from this forum, and made some changes to it.

current lineup is:

Kalinic

Ilori Milenkovic Vida (CB)

Scalera (RB) Ajer (CDM) Tierney (LB)

Rogic Oldrup-Jensen (CM)

Woodrow (DLF) Griffiths/Kuki (AF)

Not many of the players you start off with left, but outside of Scalera (5M), Woodrow(9.5M), and Vida (4M), none of these players were particularly expensive. Kuki is a great steal at 750k in the first season, I could probably move him on for 20M + next window if I wanted.

Keep your eye out for a player like Martin Caceres, who is usually available on a free, he was solid for me season 1 and sold for a nice profit of 2.5M.

Same with Lovre Kalinic, as a fan you know GK is a problem area, and he's a 4* player for no money at all except healthy wages which will be available if you sell Gordon, and when De Vries retires.

I also got Ivica Olic in on a free to tutor, and Jack Aitchison's determination and personality have greatly benefited from it, his DET is 20 now, and his attributes are flying up.

If Moussa Dembele is flying for you, be prepared to lose him for big money, the board will usually accept any bid over 20M+ and you can argue with them to reject it, but I had no such luck and he left for 17M that will become 23M after options. But with his sale also comes a nice tidy transfer budget, which can facilitate all kinds of signings.

The league is a cake walk as always, so use your eventual Dembele money to strengthen for CL, signing young talent is good, but if they aren't good enough to contribute immediately is a waste this early into the game.

seems interisting to manage Celtic as i never tried the Scottish league probably i'll give it a go next week

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I'm using a 3322 tactic i got from this forum, and made some changes to it.

current lineup is:

Kalinic

Ilori Milenkovic Vida (CB)

Scalera (RB) Ajer (CDM) Tierney (LB)

Rogic Oldrup-Jensen (CM)

Woodrow (DLF) Griffiths/Kuki (AF)

Not many of the players you start off with left, but outside of Scalera (5M), Woodrow(9.5M), and Vida (4M), none of these players were particularly expensive. Kuki is a great steal at 750k in the first season, I could probably move him on for 20M + next window if I wanted.

Keep your eye out for a player like Martin Caceres, who is usually available on a free, he was solid for me season 1 and sold for a nice profit of 2.5M.

Same with Lovre Kalinic, as a fan you know GK is a problem area, and he's a 4* player for no money at all except healthy wages which will be available if you sell Gordon, and when De Vries retires.

I also got Ivica Olic in on a free to tutor, and Jack Aitchison's determination and personality have greatly benefited from it, his DET is 20 now, and his attributes are flying up.

If Moussa Dembele is flying for you, be prepared to lose him for big money, the board will usually accept any bid over 20M+ and you can argue with them to reject it, but I had no such luck and he left for 17M that will become 23M after options. But with his sale also comes a nice tidy transfer budget, which can facilitate all kinds of signings.

The league is a cake walk as always, so use your eventual Dembele money to strengthen for CL, signing young talent is good, but if they aren't good enough to contribute immediately is a waste this early into the game.

which tactic was it that you used mate thanks for the reply

was quite successful using a narrow 433 with tierny and bree providing width from full back