Center backs making fouls inside the penalty area...

Ursulla

Reaction score
In my last two games one of my center back commited a foul in the last minute causing a defeat 1:0...In the next game I was leading 1 :0 and he commited foul to make them equalize 1:1... At that point I subtitute him by my resolute captain...And guess what he commited another foul in the penalty area giving them the lead 2:1...

None of them is instructed hard tackles nor opposition strikers are instructed to hard tackle...
I'm using the default tackling provided by the system...

Should I change my center backs to easy tackles? Is it wise to do so ? After all I don't want to see central defenders going easy on their strikers, making them cruising in the area...

Should I change opposing strikers to tackle them easy ?

Should I talk/criticize/fine the defender ?

What is the correct action to remedy this serious problem ?

An expert in center backs is needed...

In my last two games one of my center back commited a foul in the last minute causing a defeat 1:0...In the next game I was leading 1 :0 and he commited foul to make them equalize 1:1... At that point I subtitute him by my resolute captain...And guess what he commited another foul in the penalty area giving them the lead 2:1...

None of them is instructed hard tackles nor opposition strikers are instructed to hard tackle...
I'm using the default tackling provided by the system...

Should I change my center backs to easy tackles? Is it wise to do so ? After all I don't want to see central defenders going easy on their strikers, making them cruising in the area...

Should I change opposing strikers to tackle them easy ?

Should I talk/criticize/fine the defender ?

What is the correct action to remedy this serious problem ?

An expert in center backs is needed...

Are they getting many chances at the end of the game? I'm not sure if this is really a problem with the CBS or if your Tactic has a weakness that's being exploited. How's moral in your squad? If nothing obvious seems wrong, try thinking outside the box as to what could be causing problems.

I don't know the save, your players, your tactic, ect. so I cna't give proper advice here.

Are they getting many chances at the end of the game? I'm not sure if this is really a problem with the CBS or if your Tactic has a weakness that's being exploited. How's moral in your squad? If nothing obvious seems wrong, try thinking outside the box as to what could be causing problems.

I don't know the save, your players, your tactic, ect. so I cna't give proper advice here.

What confuses me more is that that centerback who commits the fouls is the usally the only one at my team who stays composed the whole game...
Nothing wrong with those centerbacks...Their body language is ok ...they have experience(27 years old) But an opponent player throw in a ball, the striker catches the balls with his back to the center back...The whole game nothing bad happened and they just go berzerk and pushes them from behind...I mean it's the last minute for crying out loud...

What confuses me more is that that centerback who commits the fouls is the usally the only one at my team who stays composed the whole game...
Nothing wrong with those centerbacks...Their body language is ok ...they have experience(27 years old) But an opponent player throw in a ball, the striker catches the balls with his back to the center back...The whole game nothing bad happened and they just go berzerk and pushes them from behind...I mean it's the last minute for crying out loud...

No idea to be honest. I've never had this problem in FM15

No idea to be honest. I've never had this problem in FM15

How does center back with easy tackling perform comparing to using normal tackling ? Are they trusty enough or there is too much risk using easy tackling ?

How does center back with easy tackling perform comparing to using normal tackling ? Are they trusty enough or there is too much risk using easy tackling ?

It depends on the player and his attributes.

It depends on the player and his attributes.

Does criticize or fining them could helpalso,or is it just part of the game and I should avoid discipline?I mean criticizing players could have a positive effect ....

Does criticize or fining them could helpalso,or is it just part of the game and I should avoid discipline?I mean criticizing players could have a positive effect ....
Your cb might have low concentration I often find that cb with low conc are more likely to make a mistake out of the blue.

Your cb might have low concentration I often find that cb with low conc are more likely to make a mistake out of the blue.
I'm playing at the lowest league in England...I find most of my players with poor concentration...so any advice how to handle centerbacks with poor concentration or just accept he fact it's part of playing in the lower league...Just before those two matches I actually won by penalty 8 minutes to the end of match...so there is a flip side to that problem...

I'm playing at the lowest league in England...I find most of my players with poor concentration...so any advice how to handle centerbacks with poor concentration or just accept he fact it's part of playing in the lower league...Just before those two matches I actually won by penalty 8 minutes to the end of match...so there is a flip side to that problem...

Yep your probably going to just have to accept it. In the lower leagues its best not to complicate things.

Concentration could be an issue. Dropping too deep while the opposition is throwing players forward, could be another. It's hardly going berzerk though, is it?

YOU need to make this call. Easy tackling means they'll go in only when they're quite confident of winning the ball. Hard tackling, means they'll attempt a tackle even when there's a relatively low chance of winning the ball. Mentality further influences the risk taking decision making.

YOU need to make this call. Easy tackling means they'll go in only when they're quite confident of winning the ball. Hard tackling, means they'll attempt a tackle even when there's a relatively low chance of winning the ball. Mentality further influences the risk taking decision making.

While considering the mental attributes allowing me to lower the risk of using easy tackling...Which mental attributs are vital for using easy tackling...

Also,is telling my centerback to play easy tackling is the same thing instructing his striker to tackle him easy in opposition instructions?

While considering the mental attributes allowing me to lower the risk of using easy tackling...Which mental attributs are vital for using easy tackling...
Which ones do you think?

Which ones do you think?

I actually found the solution to the problem of my Center back by accident...
It wasn't about his tackling...He was instructed to mark tightly...With decision 4 and anticipate 4 no wonder he commited fouls...Not only that ,I instructed all opponent strikers to be tight markely...
I'm a poor manager and now I have posted an ad in the game to work as a groundman... :'(

Last edited:
At least you were able to find the problem yourself by just looking at it.

At least you were able to find the problem yourself by just looking at it.

The tip that kept me going into the right diection was that I saw in the report of another player with marking 11 that is NOT a good marker...Checking what tight marking involves got me into the solution...