Mactier

Reaction score
I play a 4-4-2 counter / very fluid as my go-to formation. Resorting to other mentalities only as plan B.

In theory I like a CD with short-safer passing + BPD with riskier longer passes to spearhead counter-attacks.

But when I browse through back-line formations in tactics posted up in the forum 2xCDs is by far the most popular.

Why are 2xCDs' dominant over BPD+CD in FM(17) as preferred choice? Should I conform or stick with Plan A?

Plan B

I play a 4-4-2 counter / very fluid as my go-to formation. Resorting to other mentalities only as plan B.In theory I like a CD with short-safer passing + BPD with riskier longer passes to spearhead counter-attacks.But when I browse through back-line formations in tactics posted up in the forum 2xCDs is by far the most popular.Why are 2xCDs' dominant over BPD+CD in FM(17) as preferred choice? Should I conform or stick with Plan A?
I suggest yo to use BPD + CD in your plan B, but give him the order to pass shorter ( player instruction - shorter pass ), so the BPD will play riskier pass, with shorter passes

Last edited: