Cesc Fabregas- broken leg?

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Sky Sports sources are that Cesec Fabregas has suffered a broken leg. Not sure if any one else just heard this but was just anounced on Sky Sports News. To me, it didn't look like he'd broken his leg, he was still running around, stranger things have happened though. If this is true, what a blow to Arsenal

I highly doubt that.

Don't your parents say this when you have an injury?

"You can still move it, right?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, least its not broken then"

Also, it was his ankle. Arsene Wenger already stated that it came when the penalty kick was taken, if your saying you can manage a broken leg from a dead ball situation, then footballers must be made of sponge.

I highly doubt that.

"Yeah..."

Also, it was his ankle. Arsene Wenger already stated that it came when the penalty kick was taken, if your saying you can manage a broken leg from a dead ball situation, then footballers must be made of sponge.

He kept holding his leg just under his knee and that area was already heavily bandaged.

I highly doubt that.

"Yeah..."

dont shot the messenger mate, thats what i just heard on SSN

It was around his calf. Doubt it's broken, not with the power he hit the penalty. He was half way up the pitch before he felt anything. Not that I have any medical expertise or have broken anything more then a thumb, but that's just my guess

Last edited:
dont shot the messenger mate, thats what i just heard on SSN

Nah, i'm not. There wasn't meant to be any anger in that message. oO)

I was just saying, I agree with you that it doesn't seem like one.
Maybe sprained something, but it doesn't seem something major, from my point of view anyway, who knows what it could be.. But he was running on it, lets not forget that.

oh no. what a shame! :O
i mean that in no disrespect to fabregas,

i just mean it's wengers fault for gambling in the first place.

I like Fabregas as a player, but as a World Cup rival he can break his legs, arms, anything to give us an edge :D

Cesc admitted to a reporter whilst leaving the stadium that he, himself believes he has broken his fibula (lower leg) and wont play again this season for Arsenal

Seems really unlikely, looked like he was playing through some pain, but isn't breaking your leg blindingly painful?

Seems really unlikely, looked like he was playing through some pain, but isn't breaking your leg blindingly painful?

i would imagine so but i have broken my tibula bone which is the bone at the front of the lower leg, fibula being the back down of the lower leg and i could still walk about (although very very very painful) so i would also imagine that breaking your fibula would be pretty much the same.

no its not the same but i worked all day with a broken arm and it wasnt so bad lol depends how bad the break is i guess.

Possible the last ever he game he plays for Arsenal is against the club he moves to.

its a breaking headline on bbc sport too now, though theres no story yet.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

lol yeah i broke my shoulder playing rugby, came off the pitch but didnt know it was broken for 3 hours when i finally went to hospital and got an x-ray

i like the interview with cesc fabregas "i put my leg inbetween carlos (puyol) and kicked him" surely that in itself sounds like dodgy penalty lol but nah, he thinks it isn't good news but will have a scan in the morning.

and now gallas could miss rest of season too. very costly game for arsenal

Didn't Danny Guthrie give craig fagan a kick last season and fagan stood up and get involved in a bit of a brawl, and after the match they said he broke his leg?

Coupled with Gallas and V.Persie injured now. We can kiss the title goodbye.

im gonna get slaughtered here probably buy o well...

Yay :D good news for spurs as we play them soon and him gallas and arshavin probs out

Back