EduinJBL

Reaction score
picture.php

Horror Tackle Ends Glimmering Career

picture.php

At 33 Years Old Robin Van Persie was past his prime, but a player of such talent will still be such a loss to the incumbent champions and indeed the footballing community. He was injured by a horrendous tackle by his compatriot Nigel De Jong, a notably reckless tackler, ripping through his right fibula.
picture.php
The Dutchman is currently recovering in hospital, and it is thought that he will probably regain partial use of his legs, but will sadly never return to complete fitness. The tackle does resurface the dangerous tackling debate within English football. Eduin Boater Latimer, the current Arsenal Manager, was left fuming after the tackle and was quoted saying. ‘That lad just took a career away, more than a career, a life and a friend. Will Robin get compensation? Will we get compensation? And what will happen to De Jong, a 5 game suspension and a slap on the wrist.’ Van Persie was the vice-Captain at the club and their most senior club, tributes to his talent have poured out. But as team captain Phil Jones put it ‘Robin was more than a player, he was a friend and he loved the game and will be sorely missed.’ And the consensus is within football the one of football’s great gentlemen has been lost, hopefully only for the short term.

--------

Bright lights, the brightest I’d ever seen, all of those faces crooning down at me. At first I didn’t know what had happened, but then as if a painful nightmare it all came flooding back into reality. The ominous dribble of the ball as it moved out of my sights. I felt invincible, I knew I could get it. The sweet feel of the ball caress my foot for what would be the last time and then came the tackle… I moved to get up and move my legs, but nothing, so I tried again, still nothing. After 40 minutes of this I gave up. The anguish was excruciating and relentless, but the pain I could bare. I’ve dealt with pain before. But, I felt something for the first time in my life sitting in this hospital bed. I was helpless, I was weak and as my father said ‘the weak don’t survive.'

Later, the boss visited, it was him that dealt the news, I knew it was inevitability ever since I had awoken, but him recognising it as well just made it all the more true in my mind. He has been very sympathetic and has dealt with all the press. And I, what have I to do, sit here and watch the world go by, remember the ‘glory days’? I guess that’s my life now.

The idea is that I will, write a story which is about equally the football managing career of one Robin van Persie, but also his personal life and relationships. I will try a new tactic each season and if it is appreciated enough, I will upload it at the end of the season.

Last edited:
That's a rather interesting OP. Looks like it good be good :D

The Protagonist is Robin van Persie. If I continue it will all become obvious

A month on

picture.php

BREAKING NEWS: BOATER LATIMER QUITS ARSENAL 26.11.16

picture.php

Today, arguably the world’s most successful manager has stepped down from the reins at his boyhood club, where he achieved unbridled success. He released his statement after another great away victory at Manchester United, stating the reason, that he no longer could take the pressure, and guilt he felt. He was renowned for being extremely close with his players and using this to trigger their indomitable team spirit. It is thought that the career ending injury which Robin van Persie fell victim to, a month ago, was the straw that broke the camel’s back; considering he himself never reached his full potential after suffering a leg brake in a car accident at just 17. But, the Londoner flourished as a manager over 6 years at Arsenal, achieving world domination¸ undreamt of before him. Arsenal fans will of course bemoan his loss dearly, but he’ll retain his role as manager of England, a role in which he still has challenges to meet, having one no international competitions in his reign. Rumours over his successor is rife with many linking former great Arsene Wenger with the job, Dragan Stojkovic and Pep Guardiola are also linked with the job, and some wild speculators are even calling for van Persie to return to the club as manager without any training.

--- --- ---

It has been a month now, and even though things are getting back to some sort of routine, my life still seems fragmented and empty. I love my family so dearly, and enjoy their company fully, but while I love them, something’s missing. Don’t misunderstand me, my life is perfectly cushy and comfortable, but there is no drive, no urge to win, no competition, and most of all, no camaraderie or that true friendship that only team-mates feel, that, I don’t think I will ever regain.

I’m not surprised, Eduin stepped down, he was and still is a fantastic manager. But, the last few weeks, he hasn’t been the same. The first time I saw him like that was, when he came to seen me. He sat their still, staring into the sky, he always use to stare you in the eye; he had nothing to hide from, nothing to fear. How can one man cope, with the hopes and fears of a million supporters, all looking to him for leadership and strength? ‘Robin van Persie could return.’ WHAT! Me, I am no manager, no leader, no organiser. It could never happen…could it? I can’t say I’m not tempted.

Today's update is a bit of a change please say if you like this format or not.

The Job

I walked into the room, strangely still nervous, like when I walked in and talked to him when he arrived at the club. With one decisive movement of the hand, he directed me to the seat and begun, “Hello, Robin.”
“Hello, sir” I replied.
“Now, now, there is no need for formalities like that anymore. You can call me Eduin.” I smiled awkwardly, 33 years old, still like a child. He continued “I’m sure, you’ve read the press, linking you with the post. I’ve talked to the board and they say it’s you who’s stalling over the job. Why?”
“The truth is, well, I’m worried, I won’t be a good manager. I mean, I don’t have half the knowledge you had, half the confidence. And I haven’t had any training at all. I’d be like a blind man, walking into a room of swords.”
He gently tapped his pen against his lip and looked at me, pensively, breathed deeply and for a moment.
“Robin, you are the most intelligent player, I’ve ever come across. Your mind on the field was something to watch, I can tell you! But that is beside the point, the reality is, you have the ability to inspire players, **** you inspired me. That is what you need to be a manager, no more. Did I always know, we would succeed, could I predict it? No. But, I made sure you believed we could succeed, that is the key of managing, and the rest is secondary.”
I nodded, nothing more was needed, left the room, and with that, I was no longer a player, a veteran, retired. Now, I’m a manager.

--- --- ---

A few days later, and I walked out in front of the fans as Arsenal manager, a truly amazing and terrifying experience. The press conference was alright though, and all of the staff, are relatively nice. After a morning of meetings, I was left in my room for tactical musings. Slightly confused I decided to make a team report:

Goalkeepers

1.Joe Hart (29) -While I was playing with him he won the Goalkeeper of the Year. Absolute legend and great guy will never lose him.
View attachment 133839
27.David Ospina (28)-Free transfer from Monaco, last summer, seemed alright in training, not sure about him though, only no.2 so not overly worried about him. Could be a problem the fact that he expects first team football and I know I can’t give him that too often.

Defenders

2.Kieran Gibbs (27) - England international, kind and able. Negative, though is the fact that he is no magic maker, good but not great.
3.Davide Abate (19) - Masses and masses of potential. However, a stumbling block could be his lack of determination, and work effort. Nevertheless, broke into the first team for Eduin, and has been very impressive.
View attachment 133837
4.Simon Kjaer (27) - Got a lot of quality, good in the air and strong. Reads the game well. His battle for first team could be interesting
5.Danny Wilson (24) - My choice for vice captain, certain first teamer and a brilliant CB. Reads the ball extremely well as he does the man.
View attachment 133836
6.Phil Jones (24) - Arsenal and England Captain, in my opinion he is the best defender in the world. He will be key to everything, I do around here. A true leader from the front (well, truthfully the back.)
View attachment 133846
13.Bakary Sagna (33) -Has been a great servant, for our club, and I’m sure he will continue to be. However, is getting on, will have to find a replacement
16.Cassiano (20)- Will compete with Simon Kjaer for third centre back role, if I play a 3 back for. Great potential again, shall be a challenge making him realise it.
28.Jake Bradley (19)- Eduin has great hopes for him as both an England and Arsenal, but he’s yet to win me over. Potential definitely there.
32. Paul Davis (19)- Extremely fast, could be a great player, however it would mean more first team football than he got under boater as his orthodox position is pure right back

Midfielders

7.Jack Wilshere (24)- Star player, has been on fire this season, people have even linked him with World Player of the Year award. Another Englishmen key to my fortunes.
View attachment 133838
11. Kwadwo Asamoah (27)- Key player in past seasons, but has been replaced by Miguel Pereira recently within the team, also can be quite arrogant. Not sure if he shall stay much longer.
14. Rui Teixeira (19)- Unarguably has great potential, but has issues with determination, and is extremely injury prone.
17. Alex Song (29) - Great servant to the club, but over recent seasons has become more and more a bit part in the club. Considering moving him on as much as it hurts me.
18. Samir Nasri (29) - An able player who has sadly been overshadowed by Jack Wilshere, in a way great back up, but maybe it is cruel keeping him tied down here
22. Miguel Pereira (21) - A lot of quality, in past seasons has flourished in all sorts of positions, ranging from striker to a defensive central midfielder, should earn a first team place.
View attachment 133845
42. Will Delfouneso (21)- Homegrown talent, but failed really to make his mark with so many gifted midfielders. Definitely want to move him on

Strikers

8.Theo Walcott (27) – Great friend of mine, we had a great partnership, but is starting to fade in comparison to the mass of striking talent, in the club. The England talent may remain a back up player
9.Carlos Vela (27) – Massively important for the player, one of our best players. Amazing movement, technique and speed. Key Player.
View attachment 133835
12. Andy Carroll (27) – Doesn’t play many games, but his ability in the air is undoubtedly a great asset to our club
19. Stuart Fowler (21) – A great hope for England and Arsenal, won’t be first team yet but could break into it, with some training and time.
21. Khouma Babacar (23) – My certainty successor as the lead striker, he is another player indispensable, to our future. He magnificently combines physicality, with technical ability.
View attachment 133840
25. Gary Hooper (27)- Will compete with Andy Carroll in order to be the back up for the irreplaceable Khouma Babacar, more technical ability than Carroll but less of a physical presence
77. Vivinho (21) – 21 and already beating Walcott to a first team place, brilliant ability however finishing not quite up to scratch for a player who could make a great poacher.
View attachment 133847

It is a real struggle to look at them as my players, to me they are all still team-mates, and I just don’t have the heart to push them on. I guess that is just the job and I will get use to it, but it will mean some relationships will be teathered.

Last edited:
Sorry, there hasn't been any updated in a while probably be able to get one out for tomorrow been absolutely rushed off my feet.

I love your story, Eduin!!!

I am eagarly anticipating your next update, we're relying on you!

Sold fabregas second season, was struggling to fit him and eilshere in one team and wanted wilshere to progress.

Using Google Chrome I see...

How did you find out from a complete screenshot

Last edited:
My Second Debut

In my opinion, the tunnel is the most important part of being a football manager, those few minutes between all of the preparation and the game. It is in this transition that games are decided. The match itself of course plays it part and there are the exceptions of games, when such spirit on the field overrides my law. Nonetheless, it is the transformation of the conceptual and theoretical boardroom onto the reality of the field, which defines a great manager and a great team.

I spent a few days pondering which tactic to use, and have decided to keep the formation the as a 3-2-1-1-3 as we have used until now for the rest of the season, as the players are use to it, and we have had great success with it, with maximum points so far this season.

View attachment 136677

picture.php

Arsenal 1-0 Stoke

Stoke travelled to Arsenal, for Robin van Persie’s managerial debut today, the hype was massive and as the Dutchman entered the Emirates, it erupted, the fans greeted that a player and a man of his calibre deserved. The game itself was in general an anti-climax. With more important competitions on his mind it was not a surprise that much of the world-conquerors were absent. One first teamer involved was young Brazilian Vivinho and it was him who scored the only goal, in a game arsenal controlled
--- --- ---
picture.php

Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland

Englishman or Dutchman, the Arsenal master plan depends upon the wingbacks.

A virtuoso performance, from at times maligned Arsenal wingback Kieran Gibbs, has shown once again the importance of wingbacks, both offensively defensively for Arsenal.

Kieran Gibbs provided two assists, in Arsenal’s victory over Sunderland and was rated 9.0 by the Capello Index for his performance, in which he showed both great defensive awareness and attacking ingenuity. The role of the wingback within the 3-2-1-1-3 system is extremely exhausting, considering that they are expected to both give the otherwise narrow team, an extra width in attack while combining with the wide central defenders to cover against wingers.

Gibbs starred in this game, due to the fact that he made 8 successful tackles, more than any of the arsenal central defence, while also running at the opposition defence with great incisiveness.

View attachment 136681

The mere fact that Gibbs and Bradley on the other wing were making runs, means stretches the opposition defence, so that the deadly arsenal offence can strike. The first goal was a brilliant example of Gibbs utilising this, the Sunderland wide midfielder covering him stays wide. So when the ball comes to Gibbs there is adopt of space in the centre of the park, on this occasion Gibbs, runs into it himself, setting Carlos Vela up for the goal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfilsDmYpI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfilsDmYpI[/ame]

This was not the only option offensively, as when Wilshere of Perreira is carrying the ball in the centre of the park the wingback; in this case Gibbs can run the overlap. He did this and used his crossing ability to lay on his second goal.

The wingbacks are also another facet to the passing game of the system often, creating triangles with strikers and attacking midfielders. Kieran Gibbs managed to reach stats of 82.1%, against Sunderland. Higher than usual, but he normally contributes with not too dissimilar stats. This means that they are not just the runners, but in many ways, as much master tacticians as the central midfield.
View attachment 136680

--- ---- ---

Arsenal 1-0 Monaco

Red card, gifts arsenal victory, and first place in their group

A foolish sliding tackle from Herald Goulon, sent him deservedly for an early bath, this freed up space in the centre for a slightly below average arsenal to exploit, in what could’ve been an important game for the Gunners. The goal came due to Vivinho, who when the ball fell to him fired, decisively into the bottom corner. Arsenal exacted a certain degree of control, after the red card but not as much as they would’ve liked. Another issue was the fact that despite creating enough chances they failed to stretch their lead. As I said there were issues, with the manner of victory, but I’m sure Arsenal supporters will go home happy after another season qualifying top of their group for the premier league.

--- ---- ----
Arsenal 1-1 Birmingham
Until, tonight we had won all our games, perhaps I was being ridiculously over-optimistic, but I must say it does sadden me to see our record gone. We dominated the match and deserved the win, which in a way just makes it worse. The goal we conceded was a screamer, but we conceded a similar goal against Sunderland because we didn’t press enough, both times I gave the players a yelling at, and they got the message, but I feel so naïve for not adapting the starting strategy before the game. In addition to this we missed loads of guilt edged chances, two free headers, Gary Hooper managed to hit two posts, and Carlos Vela missed a one-on-one. The dream was an improbable one, but not impossible till now. When I was a kid my mum used to tell me every time I made a mistake, doesn’t matter just learn from it, and in truth all I dwell on it, it’s time to move on and learn my lessons.

Sorry, that took so long, hope it makes up for it though =)

Last edited: