Chairman Game - Conquering the Premier League

bcfc1

Reaction score
Chairman Game – Conquering the Premier League

EVEN IF YOU HAVE PLAYED A CHAIRMAN GAME BEFORE, PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS FIRST POST ON THE THREAD TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH HOW I WILL RUN A CHAIRMAN GAME!
What is a chairman game?

For those who don't know what a chairman game is, it's essentially a game where people become the chairmen of clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers, and managing certain aspects of the club. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that chairman can announce what they have done in the thread via a "Press Release".

Conquering the Premier League

The basic premise of this game is that 14 out of 20 Premier League clubs will be available to be taken over and molded into your own club. The 6 that are not available the teams seen as the ‘big 6’ which are Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Tottenham. The challenge will be to over throw these teams and to then make sure you stay at the top by being above these guys and every other chairman club.

To play, you must meet the following criteria

1. [*=center]You MUST have a copy of Football Manager 2019. This is because I will be running my game on this game so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) You MUST be able to regularly come onto this site and check the thread for updates.

3) You MUST contribute. Please don't sign up to play and then never post or respond to anyone's messages...there may be someone on the waiting list who wants to play and will be active!

[*=center]
    [*=center]Updates
My plan will be to give 3 or 4 days for updates and transfers to be done and to then spend a day implementing transfers and then simming forward. It should mean we get through a season every week roughly. This may be quicker or slower depending on my own work so at the start of every transfer window I will announce when it closes.

General Rules

1) You may sack your manager after any update. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) Unemployed managers are first come first serve.

If your manager gets sacked - If this happens the owner will get the choice on the next appointment or keeping their current manager. They can't poach another players manager but can buy them similar to a C2C deal if both managers can agree a fee!

3) You can set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, (for your AI manager)

4) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:

1,000,000 per 1,000 seating increase, Max of 5,000 a season
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
3,000,000 for a minor improvement to your training facilities.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Junior Coaching.
2,500,000 for a minor improvement to your Youth recruitment.

5) INACTIVITY WARNING
If you go through a whole season without any posts etc. I will message you before the final table update and a failure to reply will lead to you losing your team and that club becoming available to other managers.

Transfer rules

First of all:
There are 4 different types of signings:

-C2C (Chairman to Chairman): Basically signings between controlled teams.
-TRANSFER: Basically, a signing from any other non C2C club
-EXP: Pre Contracts arranged in January
-FREE; Free signings of unattached players

1) C2C: To sign a player from player controlled team you must contact the Chairman of that club and agree a value with them.

Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount and quote the message showing you have agreed the transfer/loan, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer.

C2C transfers are unlimited during every window! C2C transfers should be sent in the following format...

Transfer Type - Player - Old Club - New Club - Fee
C2C – Jamie Vardy – Leicester City - Everton - £30 million

2) TRANSFER: I have grouped together the U18, FGN and DOM transfers normally used in a Chairman game, so now you can go for all DOM players or all FGN or all U18 - whatever you want! Transfers will be done on a bidding system with minimum bids required - basically, YOU MUST bid a minimum transfer fee of 2x that player's value! However, your maximum bid can be whatever you want it to be...the highest bid will win that player!

I will not be messaging you to let you know if you've been outbid, so it means you need to think about how badly you want a player and how much you are willing to offer to get them as you will be going in blind and won't find out if you've 'won' that player until the end of that transfer window and I announce it!

TRANSFER transfers are limited to five permanent signings EVERY WINDOW (NOT EVERY SEASON)...However, you may send me a MAXIMUM of 7 bids, so if you miss out on 2 players, you will have backups!

The format to send me your bids, needs to come in the order of preference for that player, so bid 6 and 7 are your backups in case you miss out on any of your top 5 targets. See example below of how to send me transfers...

1. TRANSFER - LIONEL MESSI - BARCELONA - £300 MILLION
2. TRANSFER - LUIS SUAREZ - BARCELONA - £250 MILLION
3. TRANSFER - CRISTIANO RONALDO - JUVENTUS - £200 MILLION
and so on....

The total of your 7 bids combined MAY NOT exceed your overall budget! Also, you do not have to send 7 bids, you can just send 1 if you want to! 7 is just the maximum!

If two chairmen bid exactly the same amount for the same player, then the one that has them ranked higher in their list will get that player!

If two chairman bid exactly the same amount for the same player and they both have them listed in their rankings the same (e.g. both at number 3 and both bid £50 million for the same player), then the preference goes to the chairman who finished LOWEST in the league in the previous season!

3) FREE: Each of you has 1x FREE transfer each season and it will be whoever offers the highest wage that gets the player.
I will not be messaging you to let you know if you've been outbid, so it means you need to think about how badly you want a player and how much you are willing to offer them to get them as you will be going in blind and won't find out if you've 'won' that player until the end of that transfer window and I announce it!

4) EXP: January Window contract offers to players whose contract is expiring at the end of that season! This is the same as the FREE transfers rules. From previous games, these are the transfers that have helped people push to the top very quickly, so to try and combat that I will be limiting to just one player per season. That should hopefully make these types of transfers more realistic.

Loans

Each club will be allowed 3 loan signings per season at 100% of the players wages.
If you are loaning from a non-chairman club, the player must either be loan listed be seen as backup or worse in his squad status.

Wages

Players wages need to be calculated in the following way
Age 20 and under – x3 current wage
Age 21 – 25 – x2 current wage
Age 26 – 30 – x1.5 current wage
Age 31+ - No change
C2C transfers – No change

I don’t believe I have missed any rules off of here but if I have then I will post updates in the thread and update this first post as well.

As far as picking teams go, it is first come first served so post on this thread who you would like, and I will add you to the list below. (For those who posted in TNSSO thread about wanting clubs, I have added you in already, but can you post on here that you are still interested in taking over that club so that I can offer that club to somebody else if you are not).

ClubBudgetChairman
Bournemouth£35milLinecoigne1998
Brighton£50milReifi
Burnley£10mil
Cardiff£75mil
Crystal Palace£30milWeArePalace
Everton£15milPledgey
Fulham£75milKillerRoo
Huddersfield£55milTelstar
Leicester£20milLupin Leso
Newcastle£25milLiamCFC88
Southampton£60milBenncfc24
Watford£45milTNSSO
West Ham£40milHugoCaldeira1234
Wolves£75mildwellsync

Last edited:
A lot of clubs are starting in a lot of debt so I am thinking of resetting everyones balances to a number depending on where they finished last season with the lower teams getting more money. It would work to be the following.

ClubBalance
Burnley£10mil
Everton£15mil
Leicester£20mil
Newcastle£25mil
Crystal Palace£30mil
Bournemouth£35mil
West Ham£40mil
Watford£45mil
Brighton£50mil
Huddersfield£55mil
Southampton£60mil
Cardiff£75mil
Fulham£75mil
Wolves£75mil

Let me know what you think and I will make a decision on this tomorrow. I think this will make the game better from the start rather than having a very boring first window where no one can buy anyone.

I like the second option, but also would be open to a flat rate in the first window like 50m per team

Always enjoy these games! If Southampton is available I'll take them!!

I like the idea to reset budgets, I assume that would just be for first season? Not reset them each season as per previous version!

agreed, the idea of a staggered or flat transfer budget is better than everyone starting in debt.

Also agree I’d prefer not to start in debt! Resetting the budgets would be good.

I like the second option, but also would be open to a flat rate in the first window like 50m per team

I think making the budgets staggered will give those who start with a lower club a better chance of improving and make it more balanced for everyone.

Always enjoy these games! If Southampton is available I'll take them!!

I like the idea to reset budgets, I assume that would just be for first season? Not reset them each season as per previous version!

No problem. I will add you to Southampton. Yes the reset will just be for the first season. After that it will be down to everyone to balance their own books.

agreed, the idea of a staggered or flat transfer budget is better than everyone starting in debt.

Also agree I’d prefer not to start in debt! Resetting the budgets would be good.

It already seems to be that resetting the budgets will be the popular decision. I plan on sticking with the staggered budgets and will update that in the original post on this thread.

SHOCK TURN OF EVENTS SEE FAILED NEWCASTLE TAKEOVER U-TURN INTO SUCCESSFUL EVERTON TAKEOVER!

Everton's New Owner

It looked certain the Newcastle United takeover by Abu Dhabi-based billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan would be confirmed any day now, however in a truly crazy turn of events his Highness has taken over Everton F.C instead! This statement was released by his representatives . The statement reads: “We can confirm the representatives of his Highness Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan are no longer in discussions with Mike Ashley and his team". “We view it as an honour to have the opportunity to look elsewhere to build on the strong support of a different club, Everton has an amazing history and tradition of a great club. “We have agreed terms and we will work hard to make Everton great again. Nothing but the best is good enough, and i am the best".

“Best Regards, Midhat Kidwai, Group Managing Director, Bin Zayed Group.

Everton have released a statement moments later, saying "This is a new era in our club, Marco Silva will stay at the helm of this new journey we find ourselves on. Nothing but the best is good enough".

Huddersfield :D for me please. Ahh, another chairman game. It's a good year.

Can I be Brighton?

Could I have Newcastle please

Fulham please

Huddersfield :D for me please. Ahh, another chairman game. It's a good year.

You have all been added to the list. Feel free to post your updates on taking over the clubs.

Wolves please

Unfortunately I got a PM about someone switching to Wolves before your post so they are no longer available. These are the clubs currently remaining.

Bournemouth
Burnley
Cardiff
Leicester
West Ham

Mass change in the Premier League

With there now being 10 people involved in total, I feel as though we are ready to begin the game.

The current list of players involved are as follows

Reifi – Brighton

WeArePalace – Crystal Palace
Pledgey – Everton
KillerRoo – Fulham
Telstar – Huddersfield
LiamCFC88 – Newcastle
Benncfc24 – Southampton
TheNotSoSpecialOne – Watford
HugoCaleira1234 – West Ham
dwellsync – Wolves

Transfer Window Open

As stated in the first post on this thread, I will be giving 3 or 4 days for transfers window. As this is the first window, I want to make sure everyone has enough time to post their first updates and put together their first transfer list so the first window will be open until Tuesday 6pm. This is when I will close the window, announce everyone’s transfers and then start updating the game and simming forward.

Your total available budgets as per your club's bank balances is detailed in the first post of the thread! This is your entire balance (not just the transfer budget) and as chairman you can use all of it. My only advice as a previous player of this game is to keep an eye on your wage budgets etc, so that you don't end up in ridiculous debt for window after window and unable to do any business without selling a load of your players.....been there before!!

Feel free to start conducting your business lads and private messaging me your deals! Remember, if it's a C2C deal then both managers must send me a message to confirm.

Press Releases

Feel free to post your press releases announcing your new chairman/owners! Just so you are all aware, I will not change the chairman in the editor as from previous experience I'm aware this has caused the game to crash further down the line.

Game Save

Chairman Game - Conquering the Premier League July 2018

New Watford Chairman

images

BOYAKASHAH! YEKSHEMESH!

The comedy actor that is Sacha Baron Cohen has today been announced as the new chairman at Watford Football Club. The man behind the genius characters of Ali G, Borat and Bruno is said to be excited about the prospect of taking over at the club, although he was not present at today's press conference due to filming commitments.

It remains to be seen whether Sacha will be making public appearances as himself or as his comedic characters. Most Watford fans are hoping for a sensible reign under Baron Cohen, but it's safe to say every other football fan in the world is hoping for the complete opposite!

_102560672_sbc2_pagetty.jpg

Apparently, the new chairman had passed on a message with a list of players he was immediately making available for transfer though and here it is...

Ben Foster - GK - Value; £975k - Asking Price; £250k
Heurelho Gomes - GK - Value; £3.8 million - Asking Price; £1 million
Adrian Mariappa - CB - Value; £8.75 million - Asking Price; £5 million
Sebastian Prodl - CB - Value; £11.25 million - Asking Price; £8 million
Miguel Britos - CB - Value; £2.3 million - Asking Price; £500k
Ken Sema - AMRL - Value; £7.25 million - Asking Price; £5 million

Willing to listen to offers for all players as always!

Last edited: