• Thread starter LiamCFC88
  • Start date
  • Replies 121
  • Views 12K
L

LiamCFC88

Chairman Game – Scotland

Thanks to BCFC for the go - ahead

EVEN IF YOU HAVE PLAYED A CHAIRMAN GAME BEFORE, PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS FIRST POST ON THE THREAD TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH HOW I WILL RUN A CHAIRMAN GAME!
What is a chairman game?

For those who don't know what a chairman game is, it's essentially a game where people become the chairmen of clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers, and managing certain aspects of the club. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that chairman can announce what they have done in the thread via a "Press Release".

This time we’re in Scotland

This game will be run initially in amongst the 12 Scottish Premiership side and potentially the 10 Scottish Championship sides if there is demand. The goal is to drag Scotland up the coefficient rankings and back to where the league belongs.

To play, you must meet the following criteria
You MUST have a copy of Football Manager 2019. This is because I will be running my game on this game so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) You MUST be able to regularly come onto this site and check the thread for updates.

3) You MUST contribute. Please don't sign up to play and then never post or respond to anyone's messages...there may be someone on the waiting list who wants to play and will be active!

General Rules

1) You may sack your manager after any update. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) Unemployed managers are first come first serve.

If your manager gets sacked - If this happens the owner will get the choice on the next appointment or keeping their current manager. They can't poach another players manager but can buy them similar to a C2C deal if both managers can agree a fee!

3) You can set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, (for your AI manager)

4) Facilities may be upgraded at any time, however at a cost:

£100,000 per 250 seating increase, Max of 10,000 per season

£750,000 for a minor improvement to your youth system.
£1,000,000 for a minor improvement to your training facilities.
£750,000 for a minor improvement to your Junior Coaching.

£750,000 for a minor improvement to your Youth recruitment5)
£500,000 for a 2 point increase to Corporate facilities

INACTIVITY WARNING

1. [*=center]If you go through a whole season without any posts etc. I will message you before the final table update and a failure to reply will lead to you losing your team and that club becoming available to other managers.

Transfer rules

First of all:
    There are 4 different types of signings:

-C2C (Chairman to Chairman): Basically signings between controlled teams.
    DOM – Transfers with non-chairman controlled domestic teams
FGN – Transfers with Foreign teams
-EXP: Pre Contracts arranged in January
-FREE; Free signings of unattached players

EXP: January Window contract offers to players whose contract is expiring at the end of that season! This is the same as the FREE transfers rules.

Loans

Each club will be allowed 3 loan signings per season at 100% of the players wages.
If you are loaning from a non-chairman club, the player must either be loan listed be seen as backup or worse in his squad status.

Clubs are allowed the following:

FGN – x4 (x2 Value)
DOM – x4 (x1.5 Value)
C2C – Unlimited
Free – Unlimited (Highest wage offer wins)
EXP - x4

(Loans count within the FGN and DOM category)

Wages

Players wages need to be calculated in the following way
Age 20 and under – x3 current wage
Age 21 – 25 – x2 current wage
Age 26 – 30 – x1.5 current wage
Age 31+ - No change
C2C transfers – No change

I don’t believe I have missed any rules off of here but if I have then I will post updates in the thread and update this first post as well.

Teams Available
TeamBudgetChairman
Aberdeen (EL)£3,089,622CherriesOnTop
Celtic (CL)£22,010,926bcfc1
Dundee£454,886LiamCFC88
Hamilton£2,054,150BennCFC24
Hearts£2,011,884Disclaimer89
Hibernian (EL)£3,362,472MrWisdoman
Kilmarnock£869,706Dporter8999
Livingston£119,737dantimmo99
Motherwell£1,540,944areselu
Rangers (EL)£12,094,104TNSSO
St. Johnstone£2,673,518NathWalker
St. Mirren£1,387,004Stonecold

If anyone particularly wants a team from a lower division then I am happy to accommodate (even if the game isn’t full)

Balancing the books

As you can see finances are low in Scotland. This should encourage smart ownership (hopefully). I do have FMRTE so I will be introducing various methods to increase income that maintain the games legitimacy and will also be chairman led.

Finance Management

Ticket Prices

Thanks to FMRTE, you can now set match day and season ticket prices (beware setting prices too high reduces crowds whilst having them too low leaves you profitless)

(Bug stopping this from working as of now)

Loans

State Loan: Loan up to 25% of club value, interest increases by 5% for every year the loan is taken out for. (Maximum of 5 seasons)

Bank Loan: Loan up to 50% of club value, interest increases by 15% for every year the loan is taken out for. (Maximum of 3 seasons)

Budgets & Revenue

Set transfer and wage budgets for your manager as well as set the percentage of transfer revenue they receive

Contracts

You can renew up to 5 contracts per season with the players wage rising by 5% for every additional year (Max of 5 Years)

Prize Money

I will also be increasing each positions prize money by 10-20% per season to match inflation (depending on a combination of finances, reputation and competitiveness)

Point Deductions

If a club makes a loss for 3 continuous seasons they will receive a 5 point deduction in the Premiership and a 3 point deduction in the Championship.
Deductions will increase by three points (in both divisions) for each year after the club fails to break even.

Last edited:
I like the new idea. Can I take Celtic please.

Been a few years since I did one of these!

I'll take Hearts, please :)

Can i take Kilmarnock please mate

And will we be able to offer contract extensions to our own players?

Last edited:
Additions to the rules (thanks to FMRTE)

Contracts

You can renew up to 5 contracts per season with the players wage rising by 5% for every additional year (Max of 5 Years)

Prize Money

I will also be increasing each positions prize money by 10-20% per season to match inflation (depending on a combination of finances, reputation and competitiveness)

Point Deductions

If a club makes a loss for 3 continuous seasons they will receive a 5 point deduction in the Premiership and a 3 point deduction in the Championship.
Deductions will increase by three points (in both divisions) for each year after the club fails to break even.

Additional rules look good, can't wait for this to start!

Will be starting tonight about 8ish so a few more hours for people to join. Want to get the first season finished by Thursday because i am away from then until the following week. That means it would be a long summer window rather than January one which i think would suit everyone better

Transfer Window Open

I was too impatient to wait

The window will be open until Sunday Midnight. This is when I will close the window, announce everyone’s transfers and then start updating the game and simming forward.

Your total available budgets as per your club's bank balances is detailed in the first post of the thread! This is your entire balance (not just the transfer budget) and as chairman you can use all of it. My only advice as a previous player of this game is to keep an eye on your wage budgets etc, so that you don't end up in ridiculous debt for window after window and unable to do any business without selling a load of your players.....been there before!!

Feel free to start conducting your business lads and private messaging me your deals! Remember, if it's a C2C deal then both managers must send me a message to confirm.
Please send transfers using the following format

Type – Name – Club From – Club To – Fee – Wage
DOM – Sergio Aguero – Man City – St. Mirren - ? - ?

Remember…
Clubs are allowed the following:

FGN – x4 (x2 Value)
DOM – x4 (x1.5 Value)
C2C – Unlimited
Free – Unlimited (Highest wage offer wins)

(Loans count within the FGN and DOM category)

Wages

Players wages need to be calculated in the following way
Age 20 and under – x3 current wage
Age 21 – 25 – x2 current wage
Age 26 – 30 – x1.5 current wage
Age 31+ - No change
C2C transfers – No change

If two clubs bid on the same player, club reputation determines who wins the player
Also remember to set Transfer Budgets, Wage Budgets & Transfer Revenue as well as the loaning system (rules on first post)

^Note - Season ticket and matchday ticket prices are bugged in FMRTE so currently putting that on hold^

Press Releases

Feel free to post your press releases announcing your new chairman/owners! Just so you are all aware, I will not change the chairman in the editor as from previous experience I'm aware this has caused the game to crash further down the line.

Game Save

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ccufq31orgrn5cq/Chairman_Game_Summer_2018.fm/file

Last edited:
give me motherwell

done, you can start from straight away due to the fact no-one has put in any transfer offers for Motherwell players yet, also people can start putting up their takeover posts

attachment.php

“the past few years we’ve suffered,
crowds have dwindled through the years,
always fighting relegation,
has only brought more fears,
but now we have our leader,
his name is Stevie Clarke,
and you’ll never take the killie,
the boys from Rugby Park.”

Kilmarnock FC can confirm today that they have been taken over by English investor D.Porter. Mr Porter has announced his attention to continue the good work from the previous owners, looking to youth and bargain signings to slowly develop the club without risking its financial future.

No player has been put on the transfer list as of yet, and manager Steve Clarke will be kept on. Bids for players will be considered, but only above the current expected value of the player.