Chairman Game - Scotland

• Thread starter LiamCFC88
  • Start date
  • Replies 121
  • Views 12K
220px-Rangers_FC.svg.png

Gerrard Given Rangers Ultimatum

New Rangers chairman TNSSO is said to have handed his manager, Steven Gerrard, an ultimatum after their 'average' first half of the season...."Deliver at least 2nd place in the Premiership or you're gone"!!

That's right, TNSSO is said to be completely underwhelmed with the club's league performance so far this season, and their atrocious showing in Europe is "simply not good enough", the chairman is quoted as saying!

Rangers have released a January transfer list as follows...

Borna Barisic - LB - Valued at £5 million - Available for £4 million
Jon Flanagan - RB - Valued at £1.7 million - Available for £1.2 million
Gareth McAuley - CB - Available on a free transfer
Eros Grezda - AMR - Valued at £2.1 million - Available for £2 million
Scott Arfield - MC - Valued at £9 million - Available for £7.5 million​

Celtic Mid-Season Success

There have been changes at the club but we continue to have major success. Zinedine Zidane has moved into Celtic Park and has already delivered one trophy as we have won the Betfred Cup.

We are doing well in the league but 3 draws in our last 4 games have allowed teams to catch us up and I expect to see us pull away from the chasing pack.

Europe has brought some success as we qualified for the Champions league group stages which brings in some very important funds. The group stages themselves though were pretty disappointing as we weren’t even close to qualifying and had to settle for dropping into the Europa League. Somehow Barcelona finished 3rd​ in their group as well and we be facing them so I don’t see us getting further in Europe this season.

Transfer List

The squad is still big so I am still looking to ship a few players out for those that are interested.

GK – Craig Gordon - £1mil
GK – Scott Bain - £500k

RB – Anthony Ralston – LOAN
RB – Cristian Gamboa – FREE

CB – Jozo Simunovic - £500k
CB – Jack Hendry – LOAN

CM – Nir Bitton - £5mil
CM – Ryan Gravenberch – LOAN

AM – Ryan Christie – LOAN

LW – Scott Sinclair - £5mil
LW – Jonny Hayes – FREE

ST – Vakoun Issouf Bayo - LOAN

attachment.php
Kilmarnock have got off to a great and steady start, as they head into the new year full of hope and promise. Many of the new signings have settled in well, with Craig Halkett performing nicely alongside Suart Findlay at the back, and Lawrence Shankland knocking in a few goals off the bench. The best performer so far though, has to be Free Transfer signing Jo Inge Berget. With 11 goals and 5 assists across all competitions, the Norwegian international has been exactly what the board hoped he would be when the season started.

Transfer business will be kept at a minimum, as finances dictate the club will probably need to sell players come the Summer. There are a few loan listed, and deals for players will be considered if they are respectable.

Loan List
Kris Boyd
Jai Quitongo
Andy Ryan

Been doing a bit of math tonight for an announcement getting made in the March update. Make of that what you will

Apologies but I won't be able to do any business and haven't been able to do so far as I'm currently away and don't have time for FM for the next few days. Thanks.

attachment.php

St Mirren take over

After great success cherry picking no pun intended here we have a far bigger challenge with the 2nd smallest team in the league. The starting squad finished 11th so major changes were needed.

We spent every penny at our disposal but find ourselves only 4 points clear of the play off spot, then again only 5 points from the top 6.

Top 6 is the dream this season, we have big plans for January that will take us a step closer to this. Due to the size of the task a slow build up is needed. Every move we make is based on success in 5 years time not today. By then i hope to be mixing it with the old firm, minimal of 1 trophy and regular European football in that time frame.

Thanks to Liam for running a Scottish save. Always wanted to do a chairman save in the homeland!​

Decent levels of activity this window so far... still to hear from 2 clubs.

Window remains open to Wednesday 12pm. Should I hear from the 2 chairmen before then I want to pose the question of an earlier deadline... thoughts?

Decent levels of activity this window so far... still to hear from 2 clubs.

Window remains open to Wednesday 12pm. Should I hear from the 2 chairmen before then I want to pose the question of an earlier deadline... thoughts?

No business from me, so you can probably tick me off the list of one of the two....and I'm happy to move forward early!

Brilliant, if mrwisdoman gets in touch and everyone else agrees we can get a wee update out tonight hopefully

Brilliant, if mrwisdoman gets in touch and everyone else agrees we can get a wee update out tonight hopefully

If it's not too late, I'm going to send you a message tonight after work (10.30pm) about who I would like transfer listed ingame. As I'd like to free up some funds for Summer spending ;)

Otherwise, no big deal.

All good any reschedule depends on a msg from the hibs chairman and it would be rescheduled to midnight

Window Closed

I have heard from every chairman in this window so thanks to everyone for how active they have been even if you haven't actually made transfers. If anyone has a any last minute changes they want to make you until half 10/ maybe 11 as that is when the January update should drop.​

attachment.php

Hearts looking to push on!

"Sitting joint 5th at the mid season point is decent progress! Although, with this club being the 3rd most valuable in the league, I would like us to push into the European spots by the end of the season.

Berbatov has done extremely well for us since joining in the Summer; he currently sits with the 2nd most MOTM awards in the league so far. Definitely a bargain if I ever saw one.

We are still unfortunately losing money each month so I dont expect us to be doing any business this window....we will instead prepare for the Summer."

January Update 2019

Transfers

attachment.php

As you can see, Celtic dominated the transfer market spending more on one player than the rest of the league combined. This should hopefully help them along the way with games against Barcelona on the horizon.

Here is a run-down of all chairman business this window

Aberdeen

No business but notified

Celtic

EXP - Adrian Rabiot - £25k
FGN - Junior Firpo - £7.2m
FGN - Franco Villalba - £160k
FGN - Lee Kanglin - £2.6m
FGN - Sandro Tonali - £3.2m

Dundee

EXP - Jubal - £1k
EXP - Andrea Ranocchia - £1k
EXP - Itumeleng Khune - £1k
EXP - Andreas Pereira - £5k

State Loan of £800k (£920K w/Interest)

FGN - Juan Ignacio Hadad - £144k
FGN - Julian Lopez - £170k

Hamilton

EXP - Conor Mclaughlin - £500
EXP - Conor Washington - £500

Hearts

F/A - Stephane Mbia - £1k

Hibernian

EXP - Danny Welbeck - £3k
EXP - Alex Meret - £3.5k
EXP - Alberto Moreno - $4.5k

Kilmarnock

EXP - Jed Steer - £500

Livingston

FGN Loan - Matty Cash

Motherwell

FGN Loan - Ben Woodburn
FGN Loan - Christian Paredes
FGN - Christian Kent - £110k

Rangers

No business but notified

St. Johnstone

EXP - Aleix Febas (fallen out with you over this one) - £5k
EXP - Jose Maria Amo - £2k
EXP - Francis - £2k
F/A Jeremy Toulalan
FGN Loan - Eddie Nketiah
FGN Loan - Conor Randall

St. Mirren

EXP - Daniel Sturridge - £5k
EXP - Fabrizio Angileri - £1k
EXP - Yacine Brahimi - £1k
EXP - Hernani - £1k
F/A - Stefan Stangl - £500
FGN Loan - Sergio Requillon
C2C - Johnny Hayes - £0
C2C Loan(s) - Ryan Christie + Tony Ralston

As for the latest table update, very few games have been played since the last update so nothing major has happened

attachment.php

As for the Scottish Cup,

Aberdeen, Dundee and St. Johnstone all go at the fourth round. All to Premiership clubs in fairness

attachment.php

Simming to March shorty, any issues let me know ASAP

Thinking due to the league structure here, the march update will be extended to become a pre-split update

Pre-Split Update 2019

We will leave BCFC waiting for those European results and kick start things with the league...

attachment.php

As you can see, Celtic continue to lead the way and 8 in a row seems inevitable whilst Hibernian and Rangers battle it out for second place. An Aberdeen resurgence sees them round of the top four isolating a slacking and lack-luster Hearts side who have definitely slipped this half of the season.

As for the bottom half, Livignston are one result away from relegation whilst 11th - 8th could realistically finish in that play-off place as they battle each other in the split. St. Mirren the obvious under-achievers here based on the high turnover of players in Paisley.

Scottish Cup

attachment.php

Celtic, Hearts, Rangers and the surprise package Livingston have made it to Hampden which should improve their finances from the shared ticket pool. Good luck to all four chairman represented at this stage.

What we've all been waiting for... the Europa League

Celtic F.C vs Barcelona
(First Leg)

attachment.php

The first leg shows very strong signs for BCFC going forward as Celtic stick to task an gain a valuable draw against Barcelona in Parkhead. Massive task ahead of them in the Nou Camp but surely going in with heads high after this result.

Barcelona - Celtic F.C
(Second Leg)

80th Minute = Barcelona 0-0 Celtic, Barca heading through on away goals. Celtic on the defense manage to steal the ball off of an over-advanced Barcelona... With pinpoint passing from the Bhoys, they work it out to James Forrest on the right hand side. He slots a chipped ball to the feet of Odsonne Edouard...

attachment.php

And the rest is history

attachment.php

With arguably their second biggest result in history, Celtic qualify for the round of 16 winning 1-0 in the Catalan Capital and 2-1 on aggregate

What's next

attachment.php

Celtic will return to Spain to play Villarreal and with Celtic's current form.. why not?

attachment.php

Due to the more routine natur of this tie, i did not go into as much depth but another massive results for BCFC's Celtic as they progress to the Europa League quarter finals in April after comfortably dispatching of Villareal.

They will now play Manchester United in a battle of Britain. Good Luck

Manager Sacking

1) You may sack your manager after any update. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) Unemployed managers are first come first serve.

If your manager gets sacked - If this happens the owner will get the choice on the next appointment or keeping their current manager. They can't poach another players manager but can buy them similar to a C2C deal if both managers can agree a fee!

St. Johnstone - Tommy Wright Sacked - Replaced with Guus Hiddink

Summer Update will be out tomorrow afternoon... but i might sim forward tonight to give myself a sneak preview

Gutted Killie have dropped down to the bottom half, going to be really tight with the finances.