Chairman is leaving- What does this mean?

Kaarto7

Reaction score
I wish there was a general questions thread for stuff like this.

I just got a message in my Inbox that my chairman is looking to sell the club, and local businessmen might buy it etc. What does this mean for me as a manager?

Is there a chance I could get fired? (Current job status is untouchable)

What will change with a new owner? Stuff like wage budget?

Generally just looking for an overview of what a new owner could mean, and some reassurance that it'll all be okay in these scary times of change.

Thanks.

On my Everton save Bill Kenwright left the club and I had a new owner come in and nothing really changed (I was untouchable at the time after winning the quadruple) except that he loaded my team with money from the off which was sweet.
Im currently Plymouth and desperately hoping the same new owner comes along now haha

I have had this multiple times on many years of FM, and the media always reports you will be fired but its never happened to me.

The finances will change depending on the type of takeover. Hopefully you will get a tycoon :D

The same thing happened to me on an old Coventry save. Peter Kenyon bought the club just before I got promoted to the Championship, finances were pretty poor anyway but when he came in they improved slightly and I had a little boost in finances regarding the transfer budget etc. However when he bought the club there were rumours from the press that the new owner wanted to replace me as manager, but because I was untouchable and just got the team promoted in my first season they decided not to fire me and everything was fine.

I was at United, chairman takeover. Rumoured in the press I would lose my job but I didn't. Instead I got so much money I was able to buy Neymar, Rodriguez, Messi, Pogba and Kroos in the same season. Albeit I did have a huge reshuffle of my team that season, selling a lot of key players from the previous season or two

I'm only in the conference, so I don't think I'll be getting big money into the club. Just hoping that things stay pretty much the same with a new owner. Thanks for the help everyone.

afs03Xw.jpg

And we are all good to move ahead, seemingly absolutely nothing changed.