Will97

Reaction score
I was looking at my stats and I had a career earnings of 14 million and I was thinking what is the point of them. Then I thought what about if you could use this money to takeover a team and become chairman, run the club, pick the manager or even be the manager yourself and do the transfer budget, etc. I would enjoy doing this because it is something different and it would be a good challenge to make a good investment where your wealth increased. Like it if you think it is a good idea. Don't be afraid to comment.

This is one of the features I like on FIFA Manager, it seems to work well if you can do it properly. But I think it has to be an option rather than compulsory.

This is one of the features I like on FIFA Manager, it seems to work well if you can do it properly. But I think it has to be an option rather than compulsory.

yeah but it would be good to have the choice when your unemployed and there is a club available at a good price. They could have a club sale price list

On an old management game, Ultimate Soccer Manager or something it was called, you could bet on matches and try to bribe people lol

i would be happy if they put this in fm 13 it would be a good option when you get to the end of a long term game feeling abit bored...would certainly add some excitement

might get fifa manager to try it if it is cheap which was the first year that did it

Not too sure if I'd like being a Chairman :/ or bribing. Maybe they could use the money to buy houses and stuff personal to the manager, maybe extend the game like that.

Personal opinion though

On an old management game, Ultimate Soccer Manager or something it was called, you could bet on matches and try to bribe people lol

It was an amusing feature on that game although I found it rarely suceeded when trying it.

Personally I don't see the point of the idea of being chairman, in my opinion the game is 'football manager' not 'chairman management'. :p

Personally I don't see the point of the idea of being chairman, in my opinion the game is 'football manager' not 'chairman management'. :p
Yea there would need to be a separate game created for the chairman aspect

i think it would be interesting and another challenge

And it would add another dimension for choosing clubs...

Why go to nice clubs as Ajax, Athletic Bilbao etc. if you can earn 4 times more at Barcelona etc.
I like the options a lot in Fifa Manager, buying a club, buying shares etc.
SI should really implement it.

Yea there would need to be a separate game created for the chairman aspect

Totally agree, fm doesn't need to be ruined by adding a different aspect to the game. By doing this, it will take away what the game is all about, being a football manager. :)

I think it would be another challenge and i would like to see it as i think it would be really fun

It would be really fun but as others have already said, there should be a seperate game for thiis. I would get this type of game on the release date though, nice idea!

they could have it so you change your role

another idea - watch training matches and training sessions so you can see who is doing well in training and set up what you want them to do in training like on lma manager

they could have it so you change your role

another idea - watch training matches and training sessions so you can see who is doing well in training and set up what you want them to do in training like on lma manager

I agree on your second point, there should be more emphasis on training. It would be useful to have some way of getting detailed feedback on how your players have performed for that week in training. On that basis you can determine who warrants a place in the starting XI for your next match. :)

This HAS to be implemented. It's just so awsome - being able to build new infrastructure, change club policies, hire managment staff etc. And just make it optional and it won't ruin the game for those who don't like the idea...

I would like it in but only if it is optional so you can just close it off for years and years and have it taking up no space in your game but then you can spend your wages on it or become management staff. I also think if this is implemented you should also be able to spend money on learning coaching badges and language schools so you can communicate with more players.

This comes up time and time again. Every year, people request it yet Sports Interactive games fail to implement it. They keep focusing on creating tutorial etc. I feel that in attempt to make the game more accessible to new customers they have left their old ones behind !

I definitely agree with personal life involvement and having the option of becoming a chairmen. They could implement fetures such as player reputation- court cases etc