TheCelticKid

Reaction score
FM18 Chairmen Game

This is the announcements thread for the chairmen game. Please only post your press conferences, transfer and club updates in this thread. I will also be posting all the updates and save files into this thread.

If you have any questions please feel free to message me or post on the thread linked below:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2018-manager-stories/372244-chairman-game-there-interest-5.html#post3152396

I expect my first update to be out at approximately 10pm announcing the opening of the transfer window and a welcoming to all players. Feel free to begin press conferences and good luck to everyone.

President Trump buys Man Utd

View attachment 60926

Well someone was going to do it so it might as well be me!

Not content with upsetting the American sporting world Donald Trump has today took over Manchester United making the deal at the expense of previous American owners "The Glaziers" who's debts back in the USA have forced them to give away there valuable asset

View attachment 1150830

"What I'm saying is, I'll tell you at the time, I'll keep you in suspense, OK? Because the Glazier family couldnt pay there debts so I made this deal for America. I love the Mexican and Chinese people, and they love me, especially the rich ones who buy my apartments or stay at my hotels or play on my golf courses."

No word on what the president's plan for management is at this stage but only a fool would part with Jose Mourinho

View attachment 60925

"A person who is very flat-chested is very hard to be a 10, but jose will stay on as our manager. Locker room talk, whatever you want to call it"

As for the squad we expect the president to be "small" hands on with what players his Portugeese manager

"I know words, I have the best words, like I know a good football player im a business man i'll buy the players. You was totally out of control!"

Last edited:
View attachment 60907

Takeover Completed at West Ham

Today marks the beginning of a new era at West Ham United as Gold and Sullivan are out. The clubs has successfully been taken over by the West Ham United Supporters club in a move aimed at bringing stability to the Hammers.

A spokesperson for the group has confirmed the takeover and has revealed the following plans for the long term future of the club, aiming to make it competitive once again.

"As the club is now fan owned, we will take every step to ensure stability, success but most importantly a fan friendly atmosphere for all West Ham supporters" said a club spokesperson.

Aims For the Future

1) Within three season we want to be competing for champions league football, a failure to do so will result in the termination of the managers contract. Our manager to pursue this goal has yet to be decided.

2 ) Continue investment to ensure the top standard of facilities across all levels of the club.

3 ) We will aim for success in domestic competitions. Targeting a cup within 2 seasons.

4 ) Finally, we aim to ensure a positive relationship with the remainder of the West ham fan base to continue what this great club has to offer.

It has also been suggested that the new board will seek approval to improve the London Stadium which many fans claim have led to the clubs recent demise.

View attachment 60906

As for the manager, as of now David Moyes will remain in charge but will remain under intense supervision as the club aims to move forward.

Stan Kroenke & Alisher Usmanov OUT!!

arsenal___hd_logo_wallpaper_by_kerimov23-dazsf83.jpg

At long last, both stalkholders of Arsenal have left the club this morning with fans what is next for the club. Soon after the announcement, a very special man from Brazil jumped to the internet with a claim that he is now 100% stalkholder!

Ronaldinho finally reaches England as new chairman of Arsenal

ronaldinho-2051523.jpg

"Today I have made a step into a whole new ball game by buying Arsenal FC! I am finally coming to England for football which has been a long time coming"

"I'm looking forward to bringing my experience and connections with friends over to England with a target of pushing for the top 4 within the first season."

"Wenger will be under review as he is simply to old for the modern style football to which we will be playing as well as a number of players will be put onto the transfer list to get rid of potential dead wood."

takeover.png

Celebrity duo Tony Bellew and Amanda Holden have completed a takeover at Everton after Farhad Moshiri agreed to sell his 49.9% stake in the Merseyside club.

Moshiri bought his 49.9% stake in the Merseyside club in February 2016 but decided to sell his stake following Everton's poor record since his arrival. Celebrity duo and lifelong Everton fans, Tony Bellew and Amanda Holden, have bought Moshiri's stake and will work alongside Bill Kenwright at the Merseyside club.

"As soon as Mr Moshiri confirmed that he was selling his stake we got in touch with Bill, said boxer Tony Bellew."

"Amanda and I are massive Evertonians so the prospect of being able to part own a major part of our lives was just too big to pass up. We're looking forward to working with Bill Kenwright and taking steps that will allow Everton to climb up the Premier League table and hopefully qualify for Europe once again."

Holden confirmed that there would be funds available and no decision has been made on the future of current Everton boss Sam Allardyce.

"There will definitely be funds available to strengthen the squad," said the Britain's Got Talent judge.

"If we want to improve then we will have to invest money in the squad, that much is obvious. We have not yet made a decision in regards to the future of Sam Allardyce and a decision won't be made until we sit down as a trio and have a look at the options."

chelsea-fc-201415-chelsea-fc-squad-genius-geniuscom_1308219.jpg

BRENT TO TAKE OVER AT CHELSEA

brent_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

In a shock appointment at Chelsea football club, documentary star David Brent has taken over the reigns as Chairman from the outgoing Roman Abramovic.

The Russian multi billionaire is said to have let the club go in a cut price deal, after becoming bored with his London project over recent years. David Brent has managed to rally together some wealthy investors through his connections in the paper industry and has replaced the Abramovic. It's also rumored that Brent has made a lot of money sueing ex employers and TV producers who he claims made him look a 'pratt' on hit shows like The Office and the documentary movie, Brent:Life on The Road.

In today's rather strange press conference, Brent was keen to talk predominantly about himself and failed to really answer any questions about the future of the club. One female journalist asked Brent what the Chelsea fans can expect under his rule, with his response being to ask her 'how old she thinks he is?'. When she responded with 'about 45', Brent clearly took offence was visibly annoyed and asked her if she was joking.....despite the fact he is actually older than that!

When asked if he would be looking to keep Antonio Conte on as manager, Brent again didn't give a straight answer, claiming that nobody knows more about football than him, prompting him to ask those in attendance to name any footballer in the world and he would give them an interesting fact about them.

Brent went on to say that he doesn't want anyone at the club to see him as just their boss....When asked what he meant by that, Brent simply said he was an entertainer first and a boss second. The new chairman confirmed he'll be visiting the dressing room on matchdays to 'put on a bit of a show' for the lads to raise morale before they go out. Conte, sitting alongside Brent, said he didn't know much about the new chairman but had heard he's a bit of a dancer.

Brent also took the opportunity to plug his previously failed music single, a cover of Simply Red's 'If You Don't Know Me By Now'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSv818d1Rk

At the end of the press conference, Brent was asked if he wouldn't mind posing for a couple of pictures. But Brent went one better and provided everyone in the room with a signed picture...

David-Brent_3470750b.jpg

View attachment 60689

Burnley Chairman Mike Garlick Sells up

Mike Garlick has today, stepped down as Chairman of Burnley Fc and has sold his shares to a consortium, led by former Premier League Footballer Jimmy Bullard who will front the takeover and become Chairman of Burnley with immediate effect.

Mike Garlick - "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Burnley but I now want prioritise my buisness outside Football so I feel it's time to sell my shares at the club. I believe the consortium led by former Wigan Athletic, Fulham and Hull City midfielder Jimmy Bullard will prove to be a successful deal for all involved and after speaking to Jimmy for a short period of time, I see Jimmy has Burnley's best interests at heart and will do all he can to continue to build the clubs growing reputation within the Premier Leauge and beyond".

---------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 60678

Jimmy Bullard - "I understand many Burnley fans will be shocked at the latest twist at their club but I'd like to assure them that I want success at the club just as much as them. I know I'm seen as a joker but I want to stress right now I don't see this takeover as a joke, I fully intend to take my new role serious. I want to make it clear that I'm up for the challenge and I'm backed with plenty of experience heads to help Burnley reach the big time!"

View attachment 60677

Reports suggest that Sean Dyche isn't happy with the new men in charge and he will be looking for talks with Bullard to discuss his future within the next couple of days.

Will club legend Sean Dyche deal out another shock to the Burnley faithful?

Breaking News
With no leaked story on Swansea's Owner looking to leave the club, it is shocking that we've been told that Swansea had been taken over, The mysterious new owner of Swansea City AFC was then revealed as
Oprah Winfrey!
View attachment 60518
Press Conference

OW:
Thank you all for coming today, I would like to officially announced that I've bought Swansea City, as the lot of you already know, I've declaring in the previous weeks that I am a 'Believer' of Swansea City, and to realize my statement I decided to buy this club.

Reporter: Hi! We would like to know what is your plan for Swansea in the future?

OW: I'm planning to make Swansea one of the best club in the premier league and bring talented players to this club to help me realize this dream.

Reporter: So are you planning to bring your own board and new manager for the club?

OW: As you know I am a very busy person, therefore I would hand Huw Jenkins to work on day by day football job as Swansea City Chairman, he then would inform me every half season and on the end of the season. As for the manager I will give Carlos Carvalhal a chance to prove himself although I haven't heard his name before!

Reporter: Last Questions! What is your expectation for Swansea and Carvalhal for this season?

OW: I hope Swansea will avoid relegation battle this season and I am expecting Swansea to be in Top 10 this season with the hope to qualified to Europe.

OW: Thank you again for coming, that will be the end of the press conference today.

Last edited:
1150979d1520550346-premier-league-chairman-game-if-theres-enough-interest-badge.png

TAKEOVER AT LEICESTER
In shock news coming out of the King Power Stadium today, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has decided to sell the club to a mystery investor. Rumours in the press state that the mystery buyer took the club at a heavily discounted price after 'threating the Thai billionaire with a flamethrower'

Not many people openly admit to owning a flamethrower, so almost all reports are saying that a certain businessman has become the new owner...

This guy.

And as it turns out, Elon Musk has just released a statement to the press in which he said:

'Space travel is cool, but I've always wanted to try my hand at owning a football club. So I'd like to thank Mr. Srivaddhanaprabha for generously offering me the chance to buy this fantastic club. With regards to the manager, Mr Puel has my full backing as he seems like a very boring guy. And I like boring'

1150810d1520473755-premier-league-chairman-game-if-theres-enough-interest-city.png
CHANGES AT MANCHESTER CITY

A surprise announcement has just been made from the Manchester City board as a new owner has been announced.

Introducing Gandalf the Grey

In his first press interview Gandalf spoke very little about his ambitions with his new club and instead rambled about "The one ring" and "Middle Earth" from this we can assume he could afford such a prestigious club using funds from oil in the Middle East.