Challenge Idea - Youth System Only

mrsolidsnake

Banned
Reaction score
Since My editor does not work at all I was wondering about an idea I have though about.

Using a editor Make any random BSP or BSS/BSN Club Youth system maxed out, Which is to be done at the start of the save, then sim a season or when Youth are chosen, hoping they are neither promoted or relegated.

This Includes;

Transfer embargo
(20) Training facilities
(20) Youth Facilities
(20) Youth Academy
(20) Youth Recuitment

From here on you will have to work your way up to the premier league using you're Youth Prospects.

First Team squad may be sold if you wish.

Money Gained should be spent on improving the club or Offering Prospects contracts to remain at the club.
  • New Stadium
  • Scounting upgrade
  • Expansion
  • Keeping Youth
  • Anything you feel needs upgrading
  • More and better Quality coaches
What do you think of my idea?

Done in israeli Premier Division at FM11 with M. T-A, after 3-4 seasons won europa leauge ^^"

It's something I've thought about before but I imagine in reality it's very, very hard. :/

I think all those youth prospects would be grabbed away within a month.

Sounds interesting. Going to start a game with Boston Utd, no transfers, everything through youth academy.

Well, played on and off with Boston United. As of December 31st I am in 4th place. I was consistently top two until middle of november through december when I hit a bad patch and kept losing/drawing against other teams. I think getting defeated in penalties by Macclesfield in the cup may have started the downward spiral. We drew them 2-2 first round and 0-0 second round all the way to penalties where unfortunately we miffed it on the second phase (initial 5 shots were made). After that, moral dropped and results suffered until recently where we've picked up two wins on the road. Hopefully I can keep momentum going and finish with promotion or else its the sack for me :(

I also have an idea like this, create a team with Maximum Age of 21, i've done this on FM2011, but i don't have FM2012 (will buy another FM when i get a better computer), i put the team on BSB Premier and now i'm in the premier league (never get on the top half on 5 season in EPL)

Sounds awesome..so we just have to pick a club, edit the facilities, sim a season and start playing, right?

Yes I think that the idea.

I am starting this with Crawley Green (England division 10)

There where no players in the team at first, but I put on the option to fill the team with players at the start of the game and now I already have a nice set of talented youth to start with.

Last edited:
Did it before with Dundee Utd on FM10. It's a challenge for sure, but also great fun to see all your prospects come through. In normal games you might only focus on training the best regens who will become star players, but here you have to train all of them so you have enough subs and backups, and I think that's an interesting and different thing to do.

doing this with wrexham but have not edited anything as i feel it would ruin the point of starting at a lower league club if you max everything out, But each to there own i suppose/. I just feel me trying to fund me building new facilities by selling great players from a **** system motivates me and give me a much better feeling when ive done it without having state of the art facilities straight from the start. It also means ive built the club virtually from scrap.

You are right with this Jack. I will change the settings of my facilities to normal and it will be more of a challenge.

Do you sell all your players older than 20 sau what age?

Benniewijs, which league pack are you using? I downloaded one a few months ago but there was a problem in one of the lower league cups where the prize money just kept increasing exponentially (£1,000,000 for appearing in the quarter finals in the second season!)

Benniewijs, which league pack are you using? I downloaded one a few months ago but there was a problem in one of the lower league cups where the prize money just kept increasing exponentially (£1,000,000 for appearing in the quarter finals in the second season!)

Eng Lower Leagues V4 Level 10 + Cups + Awards - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Also used one to level 14 but that was to big to play. Didn't play this one far enough to see the price money problem.

youll feel much better when you do win the champions league with a club you built from nothing.

Well, finished first season with Boston United. Won the league and promotion and got a very nice youth intake. Already handed pre-contracts to a few promising lads and declined extending contracts for other veterans. Hopefully I can get my older players (who are player/coaches) to sign full time coaching since they are 38+ years of age.