rdouglasncfc

Reaction score
Hey there Football Manager lovers.

So once 2013 was released I was downloading it the first night I had it and instantly began my favourite career challenge, get a team from the Blue Square North/South to the Premier League.

In the end I chose Dover Athletic and having caught a bit of the Youtube bug, I started recording my games and editing in the interesting bits on the hope of entertaining everyone.

I'm hoping some of you can check it out (give me a few episodes to get better as I feel 4 episodes in I'm just getting the hang of commentating haha).

I would love all sorts of advice on interesting things you think I should talk about, good formations for these lower leagues, any signings some of you may know from in these leagues etc.

I'm really hoping to build on what I've started and create something really fun us FM fans would enjoy seeing.
If you do want to check it out the current playlist link is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_u_mlf9Ce4&list=PLOP3uWGrWXbff_9_4ja2xqv9Zk4kQtnWU&feature=plcp

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any constructive advice you are willing to give me.
Cheers guys :)

I got some fantastic comments from a youtuber named Civilopedian in my 2nd episode Dover vs Bath :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4lDIZi_akw
He asked for more time devoted to showing tactics and strategies. It was brilliant to get some feedback so I will be starting my next episode (part 5) with a breakdown of how I try to get my team to work.
It was very encouraging to get this feedback so I hope it is the start of more to come from all of you.
Many thanks guys
smile.gif

The views coming in have been incredible so thank you to any of you who have been checking out my links, I'm still getting positive feedback as well which is awesome.
In part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a94A...M&feature=plcp I am attempting to get my team out of a bit of a slump of draws & defeats. The only way I could think of changing their fortunes was through a formation change. What do you guys think are the best ways to keep encouraging your players when you are in challenge mode and have no access to team talks during games?
Still hope you can all continue to comment and help me out
smile.gif

The views continue it's incredible. Thank you so much guys! We are all overwhelmed at the interest we are getting.
In part 4: Football Manager 2013: Part 4 - Dover vs Dorchester - YouTube I go through some last min team tactics to take on the league leaders! Does anyone out there have a recording of them taking on league leaders with a result they are proud of?
I've prepared my part 5 video which is a big thank you to you all and an in depth look into my strategies and tactics. Part 6 will return to Football action where we participate in the FA Trophy.
As always your comments are appreciated and with January approaching (in game), if anyone knows good signings at this level, I would love to look into your suggestions :)

As mentioned before, Part 5 I had prepared is now available on Youtube: Football Manager 2013: Part 5 - Tactics & Strategies - YouTube
I go in as much depth as I can in challenge mode talking all about my strategies, tactics and just overall how I like my teams to play and how I want them to react to different situations. I have also introduced a back up 4-4-2 diamond system in case my 4-5-1 fails which is inspired by the team I support Norwich City and their success with the diamond formation whilst getting promoted to the Premier League.
Currently editing my FA Trophy match for part 6 which I hope to release before the end of the week.
Hope the series still interests you guys
smile.gif

Having wrapped up my Strategies & Tactics video, I've moved on back to Dover Athletic action in the FA Trophy Football Manager 2013: Part 6 - Dover vs Herne Bay - YouTube This was against a very stubborn Herne Bay side. Such was the surprise they gave us its my longest video yet however if you watch it you'll see why.
As all of my £5,000 summer budget has already been spent, I intend to rest players to field my strongest side for cup games in an attempt to bring in as much revenue as possible. Anyone got any advice for surprise tactics in cup games?

Hello everyone I have been working on my Football Manager series for a few weeks now and I must say for the most part I am very happy with my start to life with Dover Athletic. Having really enjoyed my time thoroughly creating this YouTube journey I have just released part 7 to my playlist.

The responses my team & I have received are incredible. Although we aren’t in the thousands like we all dream of, the feedback and advice has been awesome. We have loved hitting the three digit barrier with most videos and it really encourages me to continue working hard and hopefully bringing success in game and to you guys.

I hope it continues for a long time to come and I hope we can all have a great time working together. I would always love at any stage your opinions on: players to look out for at this level, specifics tactics and strategies you adopt for these lower leagues, ways to encourage players in FM2013 Challenge Mode.

For my full playlist please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=M_u_mlf9Ce4&list=PLOP3uWGrWXbff_9_4ja2xqv9Zk4kQt nWU&feature=mh_lolz

For any of you who may be reading this for the first time here is a recap on my adventure so far:

Part 1: Zero to Hero - Football Manager 2013 - Zero To Hero - YouTube
Introducing myself to the Football Manager community, I play against Farnborough in my first game on YouTube.

Part 2: Dover vs. Bath - Football Manager 2013: Part 2 - Dover vs Bath - YouTube
In Dover’s 7th​ game of the season we take on Bath in an attempt to continue an unbeaten start to the season. We also receive some incredible comments.

Part 3: Dover vs. Billericay - Football Manager 2013: Part 3 - Dover vs Billericay - YouTube
An iffy patch leaves Dover needing to rediscover form facing a team whose name I cannot pronounce. We look into ways to encourage the team before taking on the League Leaders.

Part 4: Dover vs. Dorchester - Football Manager 2013: Part 4 - Dover vs Dorchester - YouTube
Straight after the game with Billericay, Dover face the current League Leaders Dorchester in a bid to narrow the gap at the top of the table.

Part 5: Tactics & Strategies - Football Manager 2013: Part 5 - Tactics & Strategies - YouTube
After being requested, I go into full depth of all the tactics & strategies I try to use in FM 2013. I also explain my choices for using back up formations and generally how I try to get my teams to play.

Part 6: Dover vs. Herne Bay - Football Manager 2013: Part 6 - Dover vs Herne Bay - YouTube
I return to football action in the FA Trophy. It is my hopes to succeed in this competition to bring in more funds to use on transfers in the short and long term future.

Part 7: December League & Cup Action - Football Manager 2013: Part 7 - December League & Cup Action! - YouTube
As an apology for my longer than usual gap between uploading episodes I treat you to 2 games. The congested period shows both games played in about 4 days as I fight at the top of the table and play the 2nd​ round of the FA Trophy.

Hello again everyone I return with a link to part 8 of my Blue Square story:
Football Manager 2013: Part 8 - League Action & Transfer Market Prep - YouTube
After my knockout in the 2nd round of the FA Trophy, I have just the League to focus on now.
Its the 1st of January so I bring you a game against Tonbridge and an evaluation of my team including analysis of areas I would like to strengthen in the transfer market.
I would really love as many comments as I can to get a feel for whether people would benefit seeing my entire January activity so they can see all the offers I make and the players I find, or if a simple evaluation at the start of Feb would be acceptable.
I have had a great comment about some potential players to look up so if any of you know good players for this level I would greatly appreciate your help.
Best of luck Managers!

Hello everyone just wanted to update you with part 9 of my Blue Square South season.
I think this may help some people out as it is a summary of my January Transfer activity.

The link to episode 9 is: Football Manager 2013: Part 9 - January Transfer Summary - YouTube
Of course for anyone new to this thread can see my adventure and the team I had from the start with this link to the whole playlist:Football Manager 2013 - Zero To Hero - YouTube

I have recorded the rest of the season and intend to have the remaining episodes before Christmas so there will be plenty of activity coming up and you will be able to see what league I am in to start next year.
Take care guys and thank you as always!

My short & sweet part 10 of my season is now up on Youtube.
I wrap up my february against Weston-Super-Mare after a failed attempt at recording against Welling.
After complaining at that failed recording I consider if some of my players would be able to cope with the next level if we were to be promoted.
The link to part 10 is: Football Manager 2013: Part 10 - Dover vs Weston-Super-Mare - YouTube
And of course the link to the whole playlist is: Football Manager 2013 - Zero To Hero - YouTube
Thank you for all your comments helping me, its been a pleasure trying to help and inspire you
smile.gif

Alrite mate. I've had your videos on (albeit in the background while I play FM) and they're more entertaining than I thought they'd be. The leagues is yours to lose now though, hopefully you'll keep getting results. Unlucky May didn't score a dramatic winner at the end!

You've inspired me into thinking about doing one, but who would enjoy listening to a scouser? lol
Didn't like your cheeky dig at Liverpool btw.. haha :p

Thank you for being so positive Tezzz. I think anyone who wants to do a series should do one.
I'm flattered I could be so entertaining and I hope I've been of some help.
I think regional accents could only help people more so if you want to do a series then go for it.
My cheeky dig at Liverpool was reference to their 5-2 win over Norwich who I support so I was having a little dig at myself too :p

The end of the season approaches. It is March and Dover take on Havant & Waterlooville in an attempt to keep themselves top and top Boreham Wood catching up & threatening to pinch top spot.
The link to this episode is: Football Manager 2013: Part 11 - Dover vs Havant & Waterlooville - YouTube

On a side note some comments have been raised advising me to change from challenge mode to classic mode in FM 2013. This is so I can give the full experience of the game and be able to mix a new discussion into every episode as well as showing gameplay. This way I can be informative and interesting in every episode and would work much better if the game I decide to record ends badly.
If I were to do this I would change from Dover Athletic to Lincoln City as I study at University here. Lincoln are in the Blue Square Premier so it would be like I was promoted with Dover but the dates would repeat for one season. I'm just curious what people thought of this idea and would love some feedback.
Doing this would give me access to:
In Game Team Talks.
Personal Player Talks.
In Depth Media Interviews.
In Depth Team & Personal Training.
Etc

Hey guys we are approaching crunch time and its episode 12 : Football Manager 2013: Part 12 - Dover vs Chelmsford - YouTube
I take on Chelmsford & Basingstoke with Dover back in form and in a real battle with Boreham Wood for 1st place.
Its 2 fast paced games where I can show you the line up for the season finale.

Again I would love to get some feedback regarding continuing the series in classic mode with Lincoln City in the Blue Square Premier.

Been busy lately so just catching up on the latest to videos.

Continuing the series with Lincoln City in the other mode sounds like a good idea but its up to you mate!

Just watched them mate. Well played on confirming a play off spot. I think you'll still win the league, I've got faith even if your team hasn't haha.

5:55 in the first video had me lol'ing. You just knew it was coming.

edit; and by first I mean part 11

Happy 2013 to you all
smile.gif

Presenting the last episode of the conventional season. Its part 14: Football Manager 2013: Part 14 - Season Finale? - YouTube
Matching or besting Boreham Wood's result means we win the league.
If we are unsuccessful then we face the play-offs.
We all hope you enjoy and I hope to continue bringing more episodes in the next week or two.

As I had done in an earlier post, I thought it would be a good idea to do a list summarising all the episodes I have done till now before I begin new recordings over the next week or two. I also thought it would be useful to have a full list in case anyone sees episodes they may have not before that interests them. There is a full playlist available. I hope you find any episode you watch entertaining and informative. So here we go:

Episode 1: Football Manager 2013 - Zero To Hero - YouTube
An intro to the series. I plan to take Dover from the Blue Square South to the Premier League & a game against Farnborough.

Episode 2: Football Manager 2013: Part 2 - Dover vs Bath - YouTube
7 games into the season I face Bath and see if I can continue an unbeaten start to the season.

Episode 3: Football Manager 2013: Part 3 - Dover vs Billericay - YouTube
13 games gone and I've had some games to forget off camera so its time to try and get back on track.

Episode 4: Football Manager 2013: Part 4 - Dover vs Dorchester - YouTube
Straight after my game against Billericay I take on League Leaders Dorchester trying to narrow the gap at the top of the table.

Episode 5: Football Manager 2013: Part 5 - Tactics & Strategies - YouTube
After being requested I go in depth into my tactics and strategies to try and get the best out of my players in challenge mode.

Episode 6: Football Manager 2013: Part 6 - Dover vs Herne Bay - YouTube
I'm back to dive into some cup action all be it the 1st round of the FA Trophy.

Episode 7: Football Manager 2013: Part 7 - December League & Cup Action! - YouTube
An long episode where I fight at the top of the league followed by a cup game to find funds for the January transfer window.

Episode 8: Football Manager 2013: Part 8 - League Action & Transfer Market Prep - YouTube
After being knocked out of the FA Trophy, the League gets full attention. I also look into what areas of the team need help in the Janaury Transfer Market.

Episode 9: Football Manager 2013: Part 9 - January Transfer Summary - YouTube
I bring you an in depth summary to the players I have brought in and who has been let go.

Episode 10: Football Manager 2013: Part 10 - Dover vs Weston-Super-Mare - YouTube
Dover's mental strength to stay at the top begins to be pushed. I also consider how ready Dover is if we were to be promoted.

Episode 11: Football Manager 2013: Part 11 - Dover vs Havant & Waterlooville - YouTube
A draw against Weston-Super-Mare is Dover's only point in 4 games. In their worst run of the season their lead at the top dwindles. Can we recover our form?

Episode 12: Football Manager 2013: Part 12 - Dover vs Chelmsford - YouTube
After the recent crash in form, Dover's 1st place position hangs in the balance. Some off screen improvements are followed by a trip to Chelmsford.

Episode 13: Football Manager 2013: Part 13 - Promotion Push! - YouTube
Dover face and old rival of the season in the form of Dorchester. The right result can confirm promotion to the Blue Square Premier.

Episode 14: Football Manager 2013: Part 14 - Season Finale? - YouTube
The final conventional game of the season against Bromley. Matching or beating Boreham Wood's result will win the league.