Challenge: Take St Helens Fc from Blue Square North to the Premier!

alyndavies

Reaction score
File name: st helens town.xml File size: 282.92 KB

http://www.fileserve.com/file/M424zW9

I've used the editor and put ST. Helens in Blue Square North.

They normally play in West Countries premier Division but as their now tied in with the St Helens rugby League club I would expect them slowly push up the divisions over the next few years. Similar to what Wigan did,
As some of you may know their moving from 17,500 capacity Knowsley Road home and moving to the new 18,500 St Helens Stadium at the end of the season. So taking this obscure club up the divisions could be a lot of fun.

None of the club records exist in the game so ive updated them the best I can. They seem to be Affiliated to Liverpool. So using Wikipedia (for the towns population), the club's website and other referances Ive created the club the best I can. Judging by all the possible indicators there is no reason this club couldnt be another Wigan and establish itself in the Premier League given enough time.

I havent added their own squad as no information is available so Ive added a big squad to the club from existing game free transfers.
All these players are available on free transfers in any normal game and their current ability should be about right for the division their in. Though several have the potential to play another division or so higher up if they develop!
The exception is Fabio Paim I moved him from a division 3 Portugease club. I always try to make sure hes included in my game as he was a Wonderkid back in Cm03/04 and have grown rather attached to him :wub:.
Most of these players are non English, with quite a lot of Celts and continental Europeans but their faces should appear if you have the Face pack upgrade.

* All the staff were unattached people to, some may of been big name players but their mainly obscure or local in terms of coaching reputation.
The exception is Jan Arge Fjortoft, hes always my Scout in all the games I play, hes Norweigan and National reputation. Though National in Norway isnt famous here of course, he was a striker for Swindon Town at one time thats why I include him.

I dont know if anyone would be interested in giving it a try but feel free to edit it better than i have and repost if you find a better way of making the game work.

The reason I prefer to use non English players is I prefer a more exotic team. (A)

I would be intrested in the St. Helens challenge (A)
but how do i download the updates you've made to my computer ?

Save the file and place it in
My Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2011 / Editor Data
Now when you start a new game include the changes.

it says i cant download one of them as the data is no longer availiable

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

and see while i am here could you tell me how to apply a new skin :$?

it says i cant download one of them as the data is no longer availiable

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

and see while i am here could you tell me how to apply a new skin :$?

Think there's probably a different thread for this somewhere, but just download the skin & extract file to folder C:\Users\Vince-PC\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins (Create a new folder called skins if you haven't got it).
Go onto your FM -> Preferences -> Display & Sound (Tab) -> click Display Mode & choose skin. Then finally make sure the box 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' is ticked.

thanks very much mate

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

the celtic skin i downloaded isnt there beside the : fm 11
fm 11 dark
retro skin
any advice mate ?​

thanks very much mate

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

the celtic skin i downloaded isnt there beside the : fm 11
fm 11 dark
retro skin
any advice mate ?​

Hmm not too sure tbh. I actually have the same problem as you since I downloaded the Galaxy skin but it hasn't shown up for me either oO). Try deleting, downloading again & making sure it's in the right folders.
Sorry mate, wish I could help more.

Thats me officalaly started my st helens campaign

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

my advice to any-one else who is going to do this

arrange alot of friendlys at the start so you get good finance

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:35 PM ----------

do you think you could use the editor to put Clydebank into the Spl ?

Thats me officalaly started my st helens campaign

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

my advice to any-one else who is going to do this

arrange alot of friendlys at the start so you get good finance

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:35 PM ----------

do you think you could use the editor to put Clydebank into the Spl ?

You want a game with Clydebank in the Scottish premier league?

or in the third division so i can play them and try and win the SPL

Its a shame i only just seen this, could have given you the squad before you gave out the link.

Was just about to start a new game unemployed but i'm going to give this a try, maybe see if i can work wonders with a team about 30 mins away from me. :)

Its a shame i only just seen this, could have given you the squad before you gave out the link.

Was just about to start a new game unemployed but i'm going to give this a try, maybe see if i can work wonders with a team about 30 mins away from me. :)

Have fun (H)