Mr_Grieves

Reaction score

CM01/02 revived

View attachment 24190

As promised i've revived a monster. If you look online the community for this game is still massive!

So as promised and as you would expect im with Aberdeen

This Aberdeen is very different to the Aberdeen of the past decade. Aberdeen in 2001 was in there worst state for decades. Less than 10 years after being the second force in Scottish football and the only side pushing Rangers in there 9 in a row days Aberdeen were now a mess. Ebbe Skovdahl came in with questionable signings and tactics, Any good signings like Zerouali & Arild Stavrum had moved on.

The squad had one stand out player. Peter Kjaer in goals in the twilight of his career. Young prospects Phil McGuire & Kevin McNaughton in defense, Ross O'Donoghue in the midfield with teenagers Michie & McHattie up front not quite ready for the first 11 yet.

View attachment 24201

Transfers

In
With that we have to be active in the transfer window now, especially while all the under the radar gems are free.

Our best signing is in the midfield, Martin Eriksson is already our best MC, a teenage Morten Gams Pedersen arrives for peanuts with 19 for set pieces too. In defense a transfer listed Steve Finnan will do a job till i can attract Mike Duff away from his birthday cake. Chris Ohen will probably lead the front line till i can get a striker. Mark Kerr is the first 01/02 legend i get my hands on at the end of August. There is no transfer window in season 1 so more players will join by the mid season update.

View attachment 24200View attachment 24199View attachment 24198View attachment 24197

3 players go into the reserves.
View attachment 24196

Out
View attachment 24195
View attachment 24194
We've cleared the almighty pile of trash in the squad. Big returns for Thornley & Billio funded Kerr's arrival.

Tactics
View attachment 24193
View attachment 24192
From recall a few things were vital with the tactic. 4 at the back with 2 WB's was a must. DM a must, 1or 2 AM & 1 striker is the base of the set up. Maybe 2DMs in the games were major underdogs.

Expectations are LOW!
View attachment 24191

September to December

After a slow start we get lit reaching the League cup semi finals
View attachment 24021

League
View attachment 24022
Amazingly despite being told to just survive were flying high in 2nd place as we split the old firm with Dundee only 3 points behind us as the top 4 already look locked in. We're averaging over 3 goals a game

Celtic are still too good for us as they end a long unbeaten run.
View attachment 24020

Transfers

In
Juan Jose Jayo takes over from Bisconti as the main holding DM. Mike Duff is the latest legend to join. Speaking of which we had a deal for Tsigalko done but he failed a work permit so miss him. For now!

View attachment 24019
View attachment 24018

Out
View attachment 24017
To fund these moves and get the money for Tsigalko i sold the Young brothers and Calum Bett from the reserves.

SPL
View attachment 24016
Celtic sell Larsson and spend there money at Dundee.

2nd Half of Season

We're still just in the title fight.
We tried to sign strikers but work permits cost us Tsigalko & Geovanni

Fixtures
View attachment 23853
Little change in our ways as we keep scoring plenty, letting in more goals than i would like and loosing to Celtic. We made hard work of getting to the Scottish Cup final but were there and will play Celtic.

SPL Table
View attachment 23852
We're not totally out of the title race but Celtic have lost twice to Rangers since October and thats all the points they have dropped so we need to beat them, hope Rangers & another team can beat them while having a perfect end to the season. While were looking up the way Rangers are just 5 points behind so if we loose to them we could be in huge trouble.

As a Dons fan I remember those dark days, good luck with this.

Jesus, some of these names take me back.... and not for a good reason!! thankfully I was only 5/6 during this season so most of my memories are wondering why everyone was leaving early!

Jesus, some of these names take me back.... and not for a good reason!! thankfully I was only 5/6 during this season so most of my memories are wondering why everyone was leaving early!

Nowadays its usually someone trying to beat the traffic, Then we were usually comfortably beaten by the 70th/80th minute.

Real shame its not the Zerouali team.

End of Season 1

Match 34. Rangers loose so that should be us safe in 2nd!
View attachment 23726

Match 35. Celtic are confirmed as champions while Rangers keep the race for 2nd alive. We both have to play Celtic so a result for either of us could be the difference.
View attachment 23725

Match 36. Our last meaningful game 2nd is secured as Celtic beat Rangers and we just manage to overcome Dundee.
View attachment 23724

Final Table
View attachment 23723
Celtic win the title with record 103 points. with ourselves and Rangers 89 & 86 scoring enough to win the title in a regular season. Our defense is the issue shipping 43 goals while we scored 117.
I've no idea how the European places work so i dont know if were in the Champions League or UEFA Cup next season. Judging by Rangers fixtures from this season were due to go into the Champions League 2nd qualifiers depending on our coefficients placing getting better or worse. Assuming there is no change Rangers and Dundee are in the UEFA and Hears enter the Inter-Toto cup. thats a blast from the past huh!
Partick as always were the worst team in season 1 and they swap spots with St Johnstone who win the first division for a record 7th time

Sco Cup final
Aberdeen 0-0 Celtic AET
Aberdeen win 3-2 on pens
View attachment 23722
View attachment 23721
After 120 minutes where Celtic dominated it went to penaltys. Lucky i'd just rearranged my penalty takes. 3 in and we were just waiting to Celebrate the cup. Then the stars of 01/02 Duff and Kerr both missed. With it looking like sudden death Andre Ooijer stepped up and seen old man Kjaer save the final penalty setting Aberdeen up for there first trophy in 6 seasons.

The legend that was Mark Kerr.
Can't remember if it was 01/02 or a couple years later where Tajani Babangida could be picked up for free at start and was an absolute beast.

The legend that was Mark Kerr.
Can't remember if it was 01/02 or a couple years later where Tajani Babangida could be picked up for free at start and was an absolute beast.

Thats the one! He wasnt keen on Aberdeen sadly!

Had downloaded this recently but just couldn't get back into it.

Well done on the season mate especially given the garbage squad you had in the beginning.

Got to laugh at Celtic selling Larsson and spending the money on Gavin Rae XD Seem to remember Dundee having a beast of a squad back then. Spent all their Setanta money on Argentinians and then went bust. If you are looking for a striker I'm sure Juan Sara at Dundee is a beast. Don't forget the legend that is Cherno Samba either!

Had downloaded this recently but just couldn't get back into it.

Well done on the season mate especially given the garbage squad you had in the beginning.

Got to laugh at Celtic selling Larsson and spending the money on Gavin Rae XD Seem to remember Dundee having a beast of a squad back then. Spent all their Setanta money on Argentinians and then went bust. If you are looking for a striker I'm sure Juan Sara at Dundee is a beast. Don't forget the legend that is Cherno Samba either!

I think this was the first game Samba wasnt too great. Both Dundee sides were loaded. United have piles of good u21s like Mccunnie

Poor squad but the Dazzler will always be a hero in my eyes!!

Let's remember also McNaughton was no slouch of a player back then at all.

Season 2

Squad
View attachment 23595
View attachment 23594

A handful of additions make the squad stronger and has depth in all positions. U18 keeper Kallqvist is now as good as Kjaer and will take the no1 spot. Kjaer wants to leave and it on the transfer list. 3 New center backs a new midfielder 2 attacking midfielder and 2 new strikers. One of which may go on to be a multi time ballon d'or winner.

Transfers

In
View attachment 23583

Cristiano Ronaldo - Att
View attachment 23593
Here's the big one! Will he go onto be anything like the superstar he is in real life? For £1.6m its worth the list!

Andrea Fabbrini - Att
View attachment 23592
Callum McHattie did a great job up top but imagine if we had a top class striker? Fabbrini could be that man. CV isnt great but his stats making him clearly the best striker we have.

Riccardo Allegretti - MC
View attachment 23591
A second Italian moves to Aberdeen. With Eriksson and Kerr locking down the MC spots there is no guarantee he'll start.

Gabriel Schurrer - DC
View attachment 23590
Despite the tallent we've added we really lacked top lever experience at CB and it cost us a title challenge last year. Schurrer is a luxury signing.

4 Youngsters arrive. All will get 1st team chances.
View attachment 23589View attachment 23588View attachment 23586View attachment 23585

Out
View attachment 23584
Little change, Deloumeaux had not played for months and Tiernan failed to break through from the reserves.

We're robbed of a Champions League spot!
View attachment 23582