Benfica 1-0 Liverpool
PSV 0-1 Lyon
Real Madrid 0-1 Arsenal
Ajax 2-2 Inter Milan
Chelsea 1-2 Barcelona
Rangers 2-2 Villarreal
Werder Bremen 3-2 Juventus

##########

Well I watched the Madrid V Arsenal match and I have got to say just how poor Real Madrid were. Arsenal wern't exactly great either but by comparison they were still a lot better than Madrid. Bad news for Woodgate though, I hope he isn't out for too long.

Last edited:
Yeah it is bad news for Woodgate
but why was there only 2 players
from England playing it's a disgrace

Poor Woody :( He has such bad luck. Pity Liverpool lost aswell.

southy354 said:
Yeah it is bad news for Woodgate
but why was there only 2 players
from England playing it's a disgrace

3/4 weeks it said didn't it? provisional i guess.

and both English were playing for Real haha :eek:

Ballacks goal was very nice. Pity it wasn't enough to win the leg.

I watched the Madrid Arsenal game aswell, and Arsenal were very sound indeed, Madrid were really poor. Why did they play 5 in midfield at home in the Champions League, Robinho should have played more centrally.

Yeh I think Robinho should have played in the centre as Senderos is deffinately not good enough to cope with him. That's another thing, they simply didn't give it to Ronaldo enough when he had space in front of the Arsenal defence.

Ajax 2-2 Inter Milan

CHELSEA 1-2 Barcelona

RANGERS 2-2 Villarreal

Werder Bremen 3-2 Juventus

---------------

Werder Bremen was interesting....1-0 to werder, then 2-1 to Juve and then 3-2 !! :D

Del Horno sending off was harsh, but great header by Terry, Messi was quite good. :D

Was a very good match to watch, Messi was brilliant all game and then Ronaldinho turned on the style for the last 20-30 mins. Barcelona really dominated once Horno was off and they deserved their win.

It was a harsh sending off, should have been a yellow.

I think the commentators and pundits had no right to have a go at Messi for his 'acting' when Del Horno was doing the exact same thing right next to him, worse even as he stayed down for longer than Messi. Maybe the ref gave him a yellow card for the acting and a yellow card for the tackle? :D

Lloyd said:
I watched the Madrid Arsenal game aswell, and Arsenal were very sound indeed, Madrid were really poor. Why did they play 5 in midfield at home in the Champions League, Robinho should have played more centrally.

That seems to be Robinho's position for Real, he has a license to come inside obiously but he also has the skill to take people on. I've seen him play a few times on that left hand side and he's done excellent and when he comes inside he always seems to score.

Sean said:
I think the commentators and pundits had no right to have a go at Messi for his 'acting' when Del Horno was doing the exact same thing right next to him, worse even as he stayed down for longer than Messi. Maybe the ref gave him a yellow card for the acting and a yellow card for the tackle? :D

lol but Messi did look at the ref for a second then followed it by a double roll, head in hands.....but he was a class act :D

Del Horno had a good look to before his face turned into a gruesome scream :D

Classic acting if you ask me, can tell they both currently and previously have played in Spain :p

I bet on Barcelona to win... Ronaldinho, Etoo... they have the best players.

I hate chelsea but at school we done a lottery type bet, 16 of us put in a £5 and pulled a team out of the hat, i got chelsea so if they win the champions league I get £80.

my mates football team done that for Euro. They were all slagging the guy who got Greece...he had the last laff

clackerbag said:
I hate chelsea but at school we done a lottery type bet, 16 of us put in a £5 and pulled a team out of the hat, i got chelsea so if they win the champions league I get £80.

I kind of like Chelsea... they have the kind of administration that Corinthians here in Brazil has (with less money of course). But still... Barcelona will win and Real Madrid will crash and burn in ****.

Carlitos Tevez - 10 said:
I kind of like Chelsea... they have the kind of administration that Corinthians here in Brazil has (with less money of course).

isnt Ambramovich involved in Corinthians, cos press in Uk sed he did and was going 2 use connections to sign Tevez and Mascherano

Last edited by a moderator:
Redders said:
and both English were playing for Real haha :eek:

I fink there shud b some rule 2 stop Arsenal playin teams with no British players. There a disgrace. Hw r we supposed to support an English club with no British players, in Europe. They mite as well be a foreign club.

Last edited by a moderator: