Champions League First Knockout Round

No. Abramovich and Chelsea has nothing to do with MSI that, since last year, rule the football departament in Corinthians hiring players such as Tevez, Mascherano, Carlos Alberto (Porto), Roger and many others.
There was some rumors planted by the english themselves but it's not true.
The naked true is... if wasn't for the $$$$ that all Europe share... none of the biggest south american players would leave... and Corinthians today has $$$$ to keep their players.

Corinthians are ****, as they no longer have Rafa Schedit :D

Gregor said:
Corinthians are ****, as they no longer have Rafa Schedit :D

I have no idea wich player is that... really... he must be awfull for me not remember him.

And please football fans... just wait because Gomes from PSV will be our goalkepper soon... so Rodrigo (Dynamo) and Fabio Luciano (Fernebach).

I quite like Gomes, he's been great for PSV for a while now.

Craven said:
I quite like Gomes, he's been great for PSV for a while now.

He is a great player... I agree... but I hope PSV looses tomorow.

1. Barcelona, 2. Milan, 3. Villareal, 4. Juventus, 5. Benfica, 6. Lyon, 7. Arsenal... one more to go... I bet on Internazionale.

The champion I think will be Lyon or Barcelona... the others are not good enough.

Last edited:
i dont think lyon will win it, barcelona have the best chance ever, if they fail then my guess will be AC Milan. Would have gone for chelsea but they lost !! :D

Its surprising how Morinho could lead Porto, who werent exactly outstanding, to the Champions League title yet, with the vast amounts of talent and wealth available at Chelsea, he cant do it again.
He did it at Porto making the most of the squad he had and great tactical decisions. So whats gone wrong?

I think Chelski's problems lie upfront. If you judge Drogba by his performances for Chelsea, especialy in the EPL, you'd have to say he's well overrated. Crespo too. With Porto Mourinho had Deco creating loads of chances just behind the strikers and Benni McCarthy always looked likely to score. With Crespo and Drogba you never feel lke they are going to terrorise defences.

If the press is to be believed, it looks as though Abrahmovic is loosing patience with The Special One. He really wants to win the Champions League and it doesn't look like this Chelsea team is capable of doing it.

was mccarthy at porto when mourinho was?

im sure it was Derlei up front

Got to agree on the Chelsea front line. Youd have thought with the money they have theyd have bought at least 2 world class strikers. Still beats me why they passed up on Owen, and i fully expected them to make a move for Schevchenko or maybe even Raul, although its unlikely hed leave Madrid. Drogba was never worth £24m and Abramovich showed his naivety by letting someone spend that on him. He had one flush season and hes the dogs bollox, but how many times have we seen that.
Crespo can be lethal given the right service and a regular starting place, neither of which he has. And i dont think McCarthy was at Porto then, but im not 100% sure

isn't anyone going to say how well rangers played and how unlucky the were not to go to the next round

Gregor said:
was mccarthy at porto when mourinho was?

im sure it was Derlei up front
No, Benni scored 2 against Man Utd in the first knockout round to give Porto a 2-1 lead. Costinha ten scored a last minute equaliser at Old Trafford to give Porto a 3-2 aggregate win :(

ANT101 said:
isn't anyone going to say how well rangers played and how unlucky the were not to go to the next round

Rangers played well and were unlucky not to go on to the next round :D